A Link in the Sands

Thread starter #1

RhodriTaliesin

Cronite Supporter
So after some exploration through the deserts of Sarducaa and reading through the lore, I think I may have discovered a connection.

There is a place we know of called Bos Kam - The Corrupted Desert, also known as The Glass Furnace.

There is also a location in the South East of Sarducaa known as the Kamin Mara. It is like a sun touching down on the desert, all the sand burned to glass.

I believe these two locations to be one and the same, but I have no way to confirm my suspicion other than the names of the two locations

Kamin Mara - Bos Kam. There may be a link or just a coincidental similarity.

There is a place we know of called Bos Kam - The Corrupted Desert, also known as The Glass Furnace.[...]
There is also a location in the South East of Sarducaa known as the Kamin Mara.
Bos Kam is the Ill or Corrupted Desert. It is a part of Kamin Mara, the Glass Furnace.
I believe these two locations to be one and the same, but I have no way to confirm my suspicion other than the names of the two locations.
Almost. It is hard to draw a line where Kamin Mara ends and Bos Kam starts.

Thread starter #3

RhodriTaliesin

Cronite Supporter
Bos Kam is the Ill or Corrupted Desert. It is a part of Kamin Mara, the Glass Furnace.
Almost. It is hard to draw a line where Kamin Mara ends and Bos Kam starts.
Thank you for the information.

You would not by chance be able to explain what Kamin Mara is though would you? As near as I can tell, it's like a small self-sustaining star.

Rockhound

It is a place for an apostate of Soldeus to make a pilgrimage to and be cleansed as your flesh burns off your skin

Thread starter #7

RhodriTaliesin

Cronite Supporter
I would say you need something made out of Tapii to survive the heat. Since you need magic knowledge to craft with it...
There is no really surviving the heat. According to Henrik it's a race against time down there. At its absolute core walking up to it, it's at about 100 world heat.

18-20 damage per tick. You gotta run.

Thread starter #9

RhodriTaliesin

Cronite Supporter
Did you try Tapii armor?
I did not, I would not expect armor made of wood to be very useful.

I did try ironsilk clothing/armor though, I did not gain heat that quickly, but the entire experience is deadly to begin with.