A short Guide for Heavy - Mediam - Light Armor Crafting " Basics " Spoiler Alert

Thread starter #1
Short Guide For Crafting armors introducing some Basic tips For beginners
the Article may Contain some spoils if you Do wanna find out yourself don't Read , if i was Wrong in something plz forgive Me an don't Hesitate to show me my mistakes , for me its all about free sharing of data , thank you for advance and enjoy ....

*tips*

First before we start as crafting Wepons or armors you should know my Young Crafter that its required from you to get a Full Lore of all materials related to your activity "animal materials and metals and textiles " the best way to get animal materials Full lore and textiles is to start as a butcher For some time tell you get them all at 100 .

you may start as miner / refiner also to get full lore on metallurgy and petrology " but if you are start in game u need money for books so better butchery at first to collect enough money for you next projects "

when you start crafting u need to have 400 primary points for crafting skills alone and they will go on : ArmorCrafting - Soft Armors - Laminated Armor - Plate Armors .

rest the 700 primary points Can go to those skills : Textile Lore " Cant help but get it "

optional are :

Animal Materials - Skeletal Lore - Scale Lore - Mammel Skin Lore - Petrology - Metallurgy - Master Alloys - Advanced Metals - Dendrology - Advanced Dendrology .

after you fell your primary and sec skills you be a full lore crafter but you need to get armor books and from here your journey begins .

Heavy Armor Crafting are Called in Game " plate armor " its a " primary skills " :

Primary skill under Category of armor crafting " primary " - soft armor Crafting " primary " - Laminated armor crafting " primary " , and includes armors listed as

" Tindermic plate armor - tindermic Guard armor - Excubilator - Direptor - stadious armantus - Draconigena Armantus - thursar plate armor - Varborgian Plate

Primary Materials are :

all Sort of Woods " very Low Dura better save them for building or shield making or weapons handles or Bows"
animal Extracted materials like "Bone tissue, Molarium , Ironbone , Emalj , Incisium " Recommend thought Incisium Will work great on bow also " Horn, Compact Horn , Crepite, Dense Crepite " Works better in Bows
Mining and extracted materials " Flakestone , Maalite , Jaedite , Nyx , " Better for weapons and handles not armors
Most Scales in General " Keeled , Horned , PlateScale , panser , Cosmoid , Placoid , Ganoid " Except Laptoid scales its a support material and uses Soft armor crafting
Refined Metals " Grain Steel, Steel, Tunsteel, Oghmium, Cronite , Skaadite " Recommend , " , Bleck, Bron, Cuprum " use in making a heavy Armor training set to skill up or cheap metal weapons , " Tindremic Messing, Gold, Silver, Electrum, Pig Iron , Aabam , Messing " better at weapons

Support Materials " starting From best to the .... Lowest "

Ivory Hide - Found in the Ratzar queen in Sarducca the best heat resistant support material and add twice mitigation to slashing and pierce attacks than silk and ironsilk " better used with Varborgian tungsteel or cronite - skaadite pvp Set absolutist no heat damage at all and all the Fun "

BloodSilk - The very Top of Supporting Materials Blood Silk is Found in Huregar Cave near the Water Monster Spawn there are Large spiders called ClothsMaiden where they can be killed and butcherd in the Monitor Dungeon while they are like silk and ironsilk , light and add good mitigation to slash and pierce attacks.

Silk / IronSilk - Found in the spidering , ironsilk comes only from the queen .

Wool / Ironwool - DireWolves and wisents are good sources for these support materials. These add greatly to the bashing protection of your armors. More Common than the silks, and denser.

Leptoid scales - the only Scales that have a textile uses in Nave they can be found in Leptoid , fishes in Meduli - toxi - and Sarducca .

Guard Fur / Ground Fur - the Best Cheapest material you can get your hands on easy to get from almost all predatory animals like bears - wolfs , Dogs , taur Dogs , panathers etc , and These are the all around good support mat for slash/pierce/bash mitigation. They are heavier than both the wools and silks though.

Boild leather : the Finest between leathers will add Good pierce protection , but lower blunt protection Secondary Compared to fur thought " Thank you for pointing that out @grendel "

Other " leathers , cotton " can be used as support materials , The leathers give okay mitigation, but are VERY heavy to use as support " Not as good as the other Materials for what they each specialize in for how much they weigh "

Heavy armors must be designed to take a lot of punishment. It will receive direct blows from all sorts of weapons while protecting the wearer. "Supplying materials Like Leather " are used to make the straps and bindings in all armor the More percent of the Supply material you use the More stronger Binding armor you Get thought you Must Watch for the armor Not to be over Weighted for fighters to wear " highest recorded heavy armor Was ever Crafted Was a 35.8 W while Max player armor W known Capacity was 27.7W " Out Dated information since its been 7 years since some one talked about that part .

that is why choosing the right supply material always Dictated by many Conditions and they are : Weight - Use - Cost and availability of resources or coin - Primary material of the Armor , and we Can Explain them farther as :

- the Weight : is the Most important Condition an Armor smith should but on Counting if he to display an armor for sale or Making special armor For Customer as Most buyers in MO don't have advanced armor training skill which but them in Rank of middle W armors " from 12W to 15w approximately " so its Recommended if the Crafter will display armors on Broker he should keep the W average between 12 to 15 W To target the large amount of buyers " be it MA or MC or FF or even mages " and of course make sure to ask your customer about the w he Want .

this small Respresntaion inspired by @Jatix about Calculation of stamina penalty " Ty again for pointing that one "

* Some times in Your Day time in mortal you Run to buyer who doesn't understand how important his armor W Capacity or Stamina penalty that will get short his Stamina regain when ruining or sprinting or using his weapon so your Duty as a Crafter Forces you make the Mathmatic Equation for him " since your Customer death is bad for business and also for your Fighting chars " to find out the max armor W he can wear and use without any stamina penalty " this Section if you crafting an armor for a FF or hybrid a Mounted combat or Mounted archer wont bather buy stamina penalty much " take in note that your customer wishes are the top so if he Wanted to ignore your words so be it its his neck not yours " the stamina penalty doesn't mean he cant move or mount with the armor he wear if he has the max armor W or the charcter par shows he Can use it "example : armor W 16/17.5 " , stamina penalty sometimes are hidden aren't seen unlike the W penalty stamina penalty drain stamina little faster than normal it doesn't effect moving speed its just most pvpers tend to save as much as they can from there breath in Long fights " .

equation mortal online.png

- The Use : armor use for PVP have more standers than the one use in PVE and the Fight type also "EX if you target a PVP armor For FF you better make mixed Set with steel and Mol or steel and panser scales with max 15 W armor or preferably lighter since Stamina penalty Start from 14W " thought its Rule that the More armor w u have over 14W u get +0.25 on each point , Example if u have armor Weight on 15 W your perfect armor W without stamina penalty will be 14.25 " thanks For pointing this out @Jatix , " you as crafter should focuse if you target a FF buyers or MC ones or MA or Mages " Mages use lighter and middle armor W while MC and MA will use + 20 W armors W preferably steel - panaser - plate - Cronite etc " while if you make a pve armors you mostly use materials with lower cost and middle support .

- the Cost of Resources and market prices and availability of Coin is something changeable that always effected by Diplomatic stances , Conflicts and Raids etc , things you must but in consideration if you to run a successful forge and also keeping your stock supply up to date will give you better advantage than other Crafters and of-course help you out name your prices .

- Primary materials of armor should be Same in market Value as the support material of armor so you avoid Waste materials on shit stuff " For Example you dont use blood silk with steel or cosmoid scales , blood silk used with same Value of primary material like tungsteel or Cronite or oghmim , while steel a 600G per 10k material can be used witb ironsilk 500G per 10k material to make a decent set "

Metals requires a large number of units . A smith might need a couple of dozen k to complete a full set of . Steel armor primarily uses steel with maxed slide and try as hard as you Can to use Lower W Support like ironsilk since Steel is high W enough .

Draconigena armor is one of the best 3 plate armors you can make use from the very book is super hard to get but it defiantly worth it , the armor is probably the lightest heavy armor in whole Nave that offer the best Defines slides i personal recommend in PvP and PvE uses . it said The secret of this book was lost when the dragons Left Nave for Good . Now it can only be found with the Lonely Last vendor up north who is interested in 5 Thorax Eyes for one book , wired right !

Medium Armours also know as " Laminated Armor "

its a Primary Skill same as heavy armors max W can reach is 12 W and they are :

" Khurite Splint - Tindremic Scale - Kallardian Lamella - Expilator Armor - Sarducaan Guard - Imperator Armor - princptor armor "

Due to there Low w they are often used by mages - hybrid - free to play players and players who like to travel , they use Scales and boiled leather as primary material only and they never use other metal or animal materials , as For support materials they can make use of all the support materials .

khurite and tindermic scale and kallardian books can be found in Common Library while the Princptor and imperator books are easy to Get From a Vendor under the Sarducca bridge that Guy accept nothing but animal trophies ..... some times i tend to think those vendors are Real Phonetic Hunters ! .

Kallardian Lamella is the only exception for the Laminated armores since it can use metals - animal items and extracted mining items etc but not scales the scale version of it is an armor Called a Kallardian Padded as i recall it used only scales as primary material .

Soft Armors :

Heavy Robes
Khurite Scout

Cultist Armor
Dall Roba
Bediai Armor

Those sets are the Most Lightest - Heath resistant " sarducca weather " between all other armors infact there primary and Sec Materials are specified only in All Textiles and Textiles alone including Materials :

Cotton, Wool, Ironwool, Bloodsilk , Silk, Ironsilk, Ground Fur, Guard Fur, all Leathers , Leptoid Scale, Placoid Scale , Skin etc .....

the Cultist Armor , Dall Roba , Bediai Armor books are Found all in sarducca , while easy to go lockpicking chest and collecting artifacts yourself to complet cylinder of xi to buy the bedai book from beth jedda vendor and killing the spider queen for her eggs trophy to trade with the cultist vendor its Hard as Fuck to get the Dall roba armor book , generally those books are the most expencivse set of armor books in game there sum Amount of gold to buy is + 9K of Gold they can be real challenge to get them all .

the Guide is done and so am i hopefully i been useful to u my fellow Mortals and a word of advice From a Grand Master Armorer " Dont buy a discounted armor " =D

May peace and prosperity shine you all

Grand-Master Armorer Mingxia ;)

Last edited:

Jatix

Stam penalty starts at 14W. For every max armor weight you have over that you add .25. So at 22 max armor weight stam penalty starts at 16. Ect.

never use silk with steel+, is a waste of steel.

And I only really recommend wearing draco torso, unless you are mounted then more might be ok. Draco is worst heavy armor in the game v anything that isnt stabbing. And people stabbing usually hit head and torso.

All around best set is excu or dire by far.

grendel

Quality leather will add pierce def, but lower blunt def- edit: compared to fur secondary.
Also, molarium is now worse than ironbone. It has lower blunt def and higher weight.
(incisium is the new molarium)

Last edited:
Thread starter #4
Stam penalty starts at 14W. For every max armor weight you have over that you add .25. So at 22 max armor weight stam penalty starts at 16. Ect.

never use silk with steel+, is a waste of steel.

And I only really recommend wearing draco torso, unless you are mounted then more might be ok. Draco is worst heavy armor in the game v anything that isnt stabbing. And people stabbing usually hit head and torso.

thread Edited " ty very much , as for the Draconigena armor we might disagree on it the Worst heavy armor in game i fought a lot with it but you are right draco do have a real low aganist any thing that doesn't do pricing def though it can be modified buy using Expensive materials in crafting " it still Doesnt change the Fact its the Lightest heavy armor in all the game and one of the best 3 "

i also agree with you not to use silk with steel i was just giving example its been edited thought .

Quality leather will add pierce def, but lower blunt def- edit: compared to fur secondary.
Also, molarium is now worse than ironbone. It has lower blunt def and higher weight.
(incisium is the new molarium)
i didnt know that mol nerfed down so bad year ago no one cared to keep incisium they just verdari it or used in making bows :rolleyes: still i edited it for now ty for the comment .

and if u do have any thing else plz comment bellow , sorry for late reply had trouple logging to this thread .

Apsalar

Trial Member
Silk rays doesnt drop silk... It is a fish, it gives you a scale. Placoid scale. Ganoid is from sarduccan fishes mostly, leptoid is common.

Also Blood silk doesnt drop from the monster, its from clothos maiden in Mino cave above Fab.

Ivory hide is dropped by Ratzar queen in Sardu - 3 MA + MM easily farmed.

And that water monster... It drop eye. Also there are cosmoid scales which are far more potent than you think.

Nuff spoilers. Have fun researching

Thread starter #6
Silk rays doesnt drop silk... It is a fish, it gives you a scale. Placoid scale. Ganoid is from sarduccan fishes mostly, leptoid is common.

Also Blood silk doesnt drop from the monster, its from clothos maiden in Mino cave above Fab.

Ivory hide is dropped by Ratzar queen in Sardu - 3 MA + MM easily farmed.

And that water monster... It drop eye. Also there are cosmoid scales which are far more potent than you think.

Nuff spoilers. Have fun researching
Once I finish Legitimate your Words and I make sure all is true I make Sure to 're-type and Modify the thread , Ty in advance For you kind Correction and addition with the help of people like u our Community will achieve perfection , apology in advance if I made a mistake No one is perfect but luckily for us we do fill each other blanks .

Ty very much u shall hear from me Soon.

Add and fixed Thank you very much

some one said to me Cosmoid scales are Equal to steel yet Lighter , the strongest Scale materials are dragon scales i heard some say that info you find it at the end of the Mino cave near the Dragon chest with a Dragon lore book that allow Crafters to use the Materials

Last edited:

Apsalar

Trial Member
It's dragon material. I have some of them. But they are extremely rare and usually people have few units each - you get key for finishing Sator Dungeon iirc.

Ophiocorni
Ophiosquani
Ophium

Once upon the time when old forums were working I spoiled a lot of forbiden knowledge and secrets. I might do it again If I find myself in mood.

Thread starter #8
It's dragon material. I have some of them. But they are extremely rare and usually people have few units each - you get key for finishing Sator Dungeon iirc.

Ophiocorni
Ophiosquani
Ophium

Once upon the time when old forums were working I spoiled a lot of forbiden knowledge and secrets. I might do it again If I find myself in mood.
My New Crush :) :D

Dalacor

Can someone please outline some general rules for best armor types(ie Tindremic Guard. Kallardian Padded, direptor etc)

Heavy Fighter -
Fighter -
Hybrid -
Mage -

I am planning on skilling up an armor crafter on my primary account and want to focus on the armors most used. Also I know a lot has changed armor wise since I last subbed in 2014.

Ta

Thread starter #10
Can someone please outline some general rules for best armor types(ie Tindremic Guard. Kallardian Padded, direptor etc)

Heavy Fighter -
Fighter -
Hybrid -
Mage -

I am planning on skilling up an armor crafter on my primary account and want to focus on the armors most used. Also I know a lot has changed armor wise since I last subbed in 2014.

Ta
there are many Ways to Classify armor types but first i need to state something :

There is no such thing Called " the best armor type " each one serve his purpose

But there is something called the Wildly used - the Commonly used and the Lesser used Gear - Armor " For example Direptor is wildly used than Khurite armors now day "

u can arrange armors from best to worst Based on Statistics " armors offering stronger piercing Resistance or Blunt or Slash " From High to Low or vice Versa " for example u Find armor type A With Higher Resistance For Slashing but low piercing and Armor B pit Lower than A in Slashing and pit Higher in piercing and so on " .

some players use to fill the Gap by using Mixed armor Sets which are Different From one player to another and depending on damage type he receive and where " like FF who gear with Droco torso and Helmet to reduce Piercing attacks on those parts " or a MC who use some bedai parts to Reduce blunt damage etc .

Summary there is no telling for something Called General best armor types if u Want the best choice you have to Define the Best in what and For - Against .

Viscount

I agree!
It's been a year since involved in MO. But at that time, Draco was a fantastic lore but was suitable only for experienced crafters serious about set optimization. Wrote up a little analysis of it (in my sig). Just as Jatix said, I wore a draco chestplate for its relatively low weight and due to the subjective experience that arrows seemed to hit my torso.
In my opinion, a novice armor crafter shouldn't concern themselves with the expensive draco book. Direptor armor is more than suffice. (Although note that any of my advice may be outdated until I get back into the game)