About the Roleplay section wipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhodriTaliesin

Cronite Supporter
Genius, Pockets how would we go about saving it all? Do we have to copy/paste with new posts? Or is there somewhere we can download all the posts and reupload them to the server?

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
Good thing my stuff got backups of the backupts :D

Knights of the Realm FTW ;)

Evrelon

It was probably a mod. Regardless this is sad. Lots of time spent on lore,stories. Come on.... Ridiculous
Thank the gods that saved us from this rubbish xD

Tuhtram

Silver Supporter
Now I can say I've been here since the (latest) beginning of the roleplay section. Mwahaha. Sad that so many peoples' work is gone, but this gives us a clean slate to work off of and fill up with more stories!

RhodriTaliesin

Cronite Supporter
What does it take to wake the goddamn mods to work on this?

If there is a chance to save this section of the forum and all that work, they should take it!

Damn it. I hope the guy that did this will be catch and punish. This section was awesome, I hope people keep doing some post again soon.

Kuroi

What does it take to wake the goddamn mods to work on this?

If there is a chance to save this section of the forum and all that work, they should take it!
it's not like just mods have to do it... you can open the cache threads by yourself

Mavorl

Lead Moderator
All,
Personally I will do what I can when I'm in a position to do so (not at work). But we have some dedicated and smart members of this community so I'm sure this section will return to it's former glory soon enough!

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
A big FU to all the Role Players. That sucks.
Yeah, and I vote for not bothering to restore any of it. SV has yet to show sincere appreciation of the content of that section and the people who posted it and the kind of people who might post more of it. Fail.
Now I can say I've been here since the (latest) beginning of the roleplay section. Mwahaha. Sad that so many peoples' work is gone, but this gives us a clean slate to work off of and fill up with more stories!
You have fun writing on that clean slate. I don't see the point in waiting for someone to come along and piss on the chalkboard again.
Zomg, all those posts Malachi posted! NO! :(

This is a tragedy....
I recommend that no-one repost anything that Malachi wrote, due to multiple intellectual property issues.
  • If it was his original writing, he should be the only one to repost it, if he ever wishes to do so.
  • If it was material originating elsewhere and only his to work on while he was a member of Wessex, then Wessex should re-do the work without attributing it to him or borrowing his contributions subsequent to his leaving the Duchy of Wessex for the Kingdom of Wessex.
  • It certainly is a tragedy of sorts.

Resin

well, actually, after years of 100% PvP focus, we do now have - player written books, drawing paper, and notice boards - but it does seem somewhat like the red-headed step-child of the forums.

RhodriTaliesin

Cronite Supporter
All,
Personally I will do what I can when I'm in a position to do so (not at work). But we have some dedicated and smart members of this community so I'm sure this section will return to it's former glory soon enough!
Sir you have my respect, but also my love.

I'm going to think fondly of you while writing. =3

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
well, actually, after years of 100% PvP focus, we do now have - player written books, drawing paper, and notice boards - but it does seem somewhat like the red-headed step-child of the forums.
This is more like the red-headed child you completely disinherit and disown.

RhodriTaliesin

Cronite Supporter
I don't understand people being butt-hurt over RP. C'est la vie, eh?

*takes a drag on cigarette and flicks it into the water*
It's a tragedy that this kind of damage was done and more steps should have been taken to protect not just this section but the entirety of the forum.

The damage done here was senseless and destructive on the same level that an angry child destroys sheet music or burns a library simply to watch it burn.

Then again I wouldn't understand deathmatch arena junkies to fully appreciate the loss here, all those stories and written works of art. People spent hours, days even to write down their thoughts, their views. Each piece of written work lost is to be mourned.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
I don't understand people being butt-hurt over RP. C'est la vie, eh?

*takes a drag on cigarette and flicks it into the water*
I understand how the mere history of the game without any RP elements constitutes a kind of contributed content when written up on the forums, but then it wasn't the political forums that were wiped, and the Archivist undoubtedly has backups of the gist of it, anyhow. The entire political history of Nave, though, doesn't represent the kind or higher quality of content that the RP forum's contents added to the game.

I'm against handing it back to SV. Find another place or places to post it. Seriously.
Then again I wouldn't understand deathmatch arena junkies to fully appreciate the loss here, all those stories and written works of art. People spent hours, days even to write down their thoughts, their views. Each piece of written work lost is to be mourned.
Even if it wasn't lost permanently, it still wasn't handled appropriately, so tough, hm? And if you never contributed to that RP forum, your negative opinion on the subject has no certain value.

Tuhtram

Silver Supporter
You have fun writing on that clean slate. I don't see the point in waiting for someone to come along and piss on the chalkboard again.
It really is horrible that all of this happened, especially because it means that a member of the forums ran in and did it. I wonder if they can figure out who it was and ban them?

I'm just trying to keep the bright side of things up, if not for others than at least for myself. It really is awful what happened here and it is honestly a major blow to things I (and I'm sure others) have both done and planned.

I'm going to stick in here and try to add some of my own stuff, I hope that others will join me -- but I'm not giving up even if I'm on my own. We can get through this, I'm sure we can. We've lost a lot, but we can keep going.

We'll just have to back up the stuff we care a lot about, I think this sort-of stuff is a risk for any site. Doesn't make it acceptable or right, but I guess we'd just better learn from this and prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

It really is horrible that all of this happened, especially because it means that a member of the forums ran in and did it. I wonder if they can figure out who it was and ban them?

I'm just trying to keep the bright side of things up, if not for others than at least for myself. It really is awful what happened here and it is honestly a major blow to things I (and I'm sure others) have both done and planned.

I'm going to stick in here and try to add some of my own stuff, I hope that others will join me -- but I'm not giving up even if I'm on my own. We can get through this, I'm sure we can. We've lost a lot, but we can keep going.

We'll just have to back up the stuff we care a lot about, I think this sort-of stuff is a risk for any site. Doesn't make it acceptable or right, but I guess we'd just better learn from this and prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
Those who care about the lore of the game and enjoy any form of role play will help develop things of their own again. i sure will, but yes it is a major blow and time lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.