About the Roleplay section wipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rankor

thats nice but maybe the original owners dont want him to post it, did he ask for permission, also what if the original owners wan to change something? do they have to contact rhodri all the time so he can change it?
also the original owners do not get the like, disagree, funny, etc rating!

na delete all and have the original owners repost it or noone at all, since now the orignal owners have no controle at all over there own post
But once a player/forum member posts their RP on an SV owned and run forum might it not become their property? At the very least it falls into the public domain unless the material is protected by a copyright or trademark. Besides, this is the Role Play Section...I doubt anyone will be upset at having their post reinstated without any effort and they can always PM the person re-posting it to ask for credit if none is given.

Should there have been a backup? Probably, but there is not use beating a dead horse. Hopefully the forums will get proper backups moving forward.Those are my thoughts on the matter anyways...

Resin

Should there have been a backup? Probably, but there is not use beating a dead horse. Hopefully the forums will get proper backups moving forward.Those are my thoughts on the matter anyways...
Not use beating a dead horse? There is always a use to beat a dead horse! It tenderizes the meat for cooking ambrosial raw horse meat!

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Should there have been a backup? Probably, but there is not use beating a dead horse.
I disagree, and the beatings will continue until morale and the taking of backups improve.
But once a player/forum member posts their RP on an SV owned and run forum might it not become their property
I doubt if that would stand up anywhere, especially as my Fire Sermon became my copyrighted intellectual property the minute I wrote it. =)

Resin

I hereby declare Rhodri Hero of the RP section.
The forces which tried to destroy this section are thwarted, instead of killing their intended victim the evil ones have only succeded in bringing new attention to the RP section. Long lost gems and turds alike have been unearthed and re-read.
Hoo-rah!

RhodriTaliesin

Cronite Supporter
*Takes a moment to catch his breath, panting a bit*

Alright- it took some doing, but I think that after scouring seven pages of the Roleplay Section that I've managed to save most, if not all of the written works and images that people have shared excluding some random questions and chatter/discussion threads that seemed to have no content other than discussion.

Rillas

*Takes a moment to catch his breath, panting a bit*

Alright- it took some doing, but I think that after scouring seven pages of the Roleplay Section that I've managed to save most, if not all of the written works and images that people have shared excluding some random questions and chatter/discussion threads that seemed to have no content other than discussion.
Where others didn't care or looked the other way..

You deserve a title for this.

People being mad because someone took care of saving the content of many people without taking credits from them. Now I really believe that some do complain just for the sake of complaining.

Hope the breach will be found so catastrophes like this stay history.

Golgotha

Maybe... have a mod make a sticky in the RP section stating what happened and to contact Rhodri to properly have their threads deleted and redone in their name?

Ctrl-C
Delete Rhodri Thread
New thread by original author
Ctrl-V

So those who wish to claim and have the ability to change and such can do so (until such time as good Sir Rhodri decides to leave and would be kind enough to ask another to take on the task.. like a forum mod...)

That way we save everything, and no one can be offended. And those who are confused down the line due to missing this whole escapade can see the sticky at the top and act accordingly?

Just a thought.

RhodriTaliesin

Cronite Supporter
As an update, seeing as everyone is kind of figuring this out already, if you want your post to be reposted under your own name, simply do so. I'll delete the copied posts under my name as soon as I see that yours are up.

Also after PMing Henrik my concerns about this, he assured me that he would look into this and make sure that nothing like this will happen again.

Rockhound

I saw the alert about the roleplaying section being restored, so i took a look at this thread, had a giant ? moment and then took a look at the rest of roleplaying section.

Eat a dick Xhodan, Pockets and Rhodri deserve a very honorable mention.

Kuroi

hurray for Rhodri

Sarkhan

Rhodri really does deserve a title. Its acts like this that warrant the glory of having ones own personal title.

Very happy to see a pointless act of spite be thwarted by the roleplayers.

Mavorl

Lead Moderator
As an update, seeing as everyone is kind of figuring this out already, if you want your post to be reposted under your own name, simply do so. I'll delete the copied posts under my name as soon as I see that yours are up.

Also after PMing Henrik my concerns about this, he assured me that he would look into this and make sure that nothing like this will happen again.
Congratz on a job well done Rhodri! You are now the RP Champion in my mind.

I would like to apologize to the community. As it was stated that it was a permissions issue. We will be addressing it. I would also like to thank everyone who help restore the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.