Ai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hertix

Ok Seb I have 2 huge issues I have recorded for you that aren't necessarily AI (could contribute though) that need to be addressed:

The first is the horse issue everyone knows about, I already had a clip of it from my pvp video so I grabbed it for you:

The Second is an even more game-breaking issue that has cropped up with Awakening patch. Pretty much prediction will lose characters and place them under the terrain (We think) for extended periods of time ranging in the 30 seconds to even minutes. I can be attacked while people are invisible like this and they still won't appear on my screen.

Resin

Pathing horribly - We need to know WHERE these areas are because this stuff is caused by bad navmesh and can be fixed once we know.
Also is this from a tamer or just roaming mobs?
The mountains behind Moh ki are pretty bad for tamed pets.

aramsm

Thanks Sebastian for the answers.
PPl, dont forget about the dungeons. I tried to make Risar Dungeon on september 29th with my whole guild. It was impossible to explore all the place. We stucked about 5 hours in those 2 first risars at the door, that because they simply instant-respawn when we killed them. No joking: when I killed one (I was looking directly to the spawn at the same time) he instantly respawned back. Ofc that is also a good way to infinite farm pig irons. Sewers at Fabernum has the same problem.

Also, I have to say that Navemesh is so important to be fixed since I died many times becuase I lost the mobs from my sight, when they simply get inside me or pass throw me, hitting me at the same time. Remember that perfect-blocking a mob is a matter of getting its time, when this happens makes me confuse and I loose the timing. I died some times for Walking Dead Soldier, Rotten Dead and bandits because of this.

Another thing is that my guild also tried to raid the sewers, a simple dungeon for small groups or new players. We get wiped becuase the bandits we aggroed got inside the walls but keep hitting us, making it impossible to fight them.

Those are some basics issues, just for start. After that we still can see guards glitching each other, running in the sky and warping, passing throw objects, and mobs shooting backwards and throw walls. Its really desapointing when you see a cougar and a bandit side by side, its like if they were from the same faction in WoW. Guards are just respawning infinitly when some red/grey get around, wich I believe that was discussed and shouldnt happen, so the city get crownded by guards.

there is also a bugged "Navmesh" in the bandit area near the tindrem slums. The bandits including the leader will occasionally run through the houses and walls. Under the ground, shoot arrows through buildings. Not to mention that they also block while moving/shooting. I was swining at the leader with my "NORSE claymore" with full stats doing only 5-10 dmg each hit, he seemed to have shields around him or something...

Thread starter #25

sunshiner

much love for taking your time to reply

glad that its a matter of time, and not a matter of "this is were we want it to be".
Looking much forward to the future.

Most dungeons are a nightmare because mobs shoot through walls and behave irratically all over the place. If this could be resolved I would say the dungeons would be enjoyable. Also respawn timers in the dungeons are beyond silly. Most dungeons have instant respawn. Hell the spider cave have Guardians duplicating after they are killed(before the spider queen). Also what is up with animals throwing their head around like they are headbanging?

Kha-Ri

Honored Member
[...] other players will completely dissappear from your screen [...]
I can confirm this to be node crossing issue, group of mounted riders can follow each other and in specific regions the ones in front will disappear and reappear after the region is crossed.

[...] pets disappear from your pet window if you cross a nodeline and they don't follow you quick enough [...]
I can confirm this to be node crossing issue, which is worse when climbing mountains. If the pet falls behind, it will not follow you in your footsteps in a straight line, but will look for a ways around the obstacles. With greater distances the pet will disappear from your pet window or will show 1k loyalty and hunger. But the pet finds the way back to you, even if it takes more then 10 minutes, if it still has loyalty.

Hertix

OK all of that movement stuff is client movement.
This I would like too know more about:

Failing to aggro correct target - Could you explain?
Pathing horribly - We need to know WHERE these areas are because this stuff is caused by bad navmesh and can be fixed once we know.
Not playing proper animations for what they are doing - When?

Also is this from a tamer or just roaming mobs?
Ok Seb, I have put together a video as quickly as I can featuring some of the most critical issues I have with AI and pathing. Their are some things I couldn't do as well as others since I was solo and wanted to get this done before I left for class, and I am sure their are many other issues that people are having but I really wanted to highlight a few things that I think only a video could capture. Its a bit long (12 mins) and I know you are limited on time but if you could please watch the entire video and especially the end where things get really interested I think it will put a lot of frustration to rest for people thinking SV doesn't really know the types of issues we are having.

To everyone else if their if you guys don't have recording software and would like me to do another video featuring some of your own issues with AI I will be happy to oblige. And just some things for viewers: yes I know I started all 3 vids with "ok", and no my voice isn't that lispy in RL, promise. Thanks and I really do hope this helps SV finally put this kind of stuff to rest.

EDIT***** I feel completely retarded I didn't realize the bandit rangers were punching me until after. They use the same animation as sword-bandits and So i think I just got confused. Again the main issue which I couldn't show is that they don't pull the right weapon (bow) out fast enough, and they can block while shooting.

Darran

Ok Seb, I have put together a video as quickly as I can featuring some of the most critical issues I have with AI and pathing. Their are some things I couldn't do as well as others since I was solo and wanted to get this done before I left for class, and I am sure their are many other issues that people are having but I really wanted to highlight a few things that I think only a video could capture. Its a bit long (12 mins) and I know you are limited on time but if you could please watch the entire video and especially the end where things get really interested I think it will put a lot of frustration to rest for people thinking SV doesn't really know the types of issues we are having.

To everyone else if their if you guys don't have recording software and would like me to do another video featuring some of your own issues with AI I will be happy to oblige. And just some things for viewers: yes I know I started all 3 vids with "ok", and no my voice isn't that lispy in RL, promise. Thanks and I really do hope this helps SV finally put this kind of stuff to rest.

EDIT***** I feel completely retarded I didn't realize the bandit rangers were punching me until after. They use the same animation as sword-bandits and So i think I just got confused. Again the main issue which I couldn't show is that they don't pull the right weapon (bow) out fast enough, and they can block while shooting.
Gj, this is the kind of feedback n stuff we need. I can imagine it's hard for devs to understand what people are complaining about when they are just "AI pathing is horrible and broken". Take them fraps, and show them what the actual issues are. I can confirm all those things that are on the video happen daily with AI, also near kranesh bridge there are a couple of guards who are just appearing and disappearing randomly and shooting bandits but bandits aren't aggroing to them. I will try fraps that sometime and post a vid.

aramsm

Thx Hertix. That is pretty much what is happenning, actually, what have happened since 2010 plus more bugs and weird stuff. Thats why I came back after awakenning, I hoped that those stuff was fixed.

You choose the best area where you can quickly see most of issues. Still there is two things missing, if you could record it later: melee combat, when actually mobs get inside you and you loose them (try some Walking Dead Soldier) and dungeons respawn (go to risar dungeon and film those two risars at the entrance).

So really guys, its not dificult to wonder what makes A LOT of new players run away. Would you take serious a game wich you see those issues at the first minute you get in? Only players who are really bored with themeparks, and players that have some really specific and particularly reasons to not play a normal game (like me, that cant play anymore targetting games) will stay and try harder this game. And I have to say that those players are a small niche. My friend Ghuton give hopes into MO, but after Awakenning issues, like those in the video, he hold his breath and came back to theme parks like GW2 and he doesnt like too much theme parks but that is because those games have no bugs etc like those ones.

I saw many ppl arguing that have never met someone that quit the game because AI, well that is because who quit dont stay longer than 2 days. Ive met a lot of ppl that only stayed two days in this game, in other words they even have played their time on trial.

PS: I forgot another thing to say to you hertix: if you could show the infinite guard spawning that would be cool. Like sunday I saw an army roamming between Fab and Tind, thats because some reds passed throw there. This is retarded...

Azaraah

Oghmium Supporter

Nice work, short and strait to the point. If they fix this the pve will be 10x better.

Saphirix

Good job Hertix! Very nicely done and I hope this will help the "fixing" process, because the AI does not only need minor fixes

megatons seem to have certain paths they follow, and certain places they run, THEN they'll correctly attack you. They are the least fun thing ever to fight because of this, they will just run like hell until they get to their little rally point.

Bandits stab from ages away, or it looks like ages away to me, but when I kill them, their loot is not where their body was, what's up with that?

The non-improved Ai is the reason I unsubbed and am only playing till my sub runs out. = (, I love the game, I just don't like paying to beta test

This amongst some other bugs is why I'm not subbed.

Azaraah

Oghmium Supporter
megatons seem to have certain paths they follow, and certain places they run, THEN they'll correctly attack you. They are the least fun thing ever to fight because of this, they will just run like hell until they get to their little rally point.

Bandits stab from ages away, or it looks like ages away to me, but when I kill them, their loot is not where their body was, what's up with that?

The non-improved Ai is the reason I unsubbed and am only playing till my sub runs out. = (, I love the game, I just don't like paying to beta test
How far is "ages"?

Lithius V.

Excellent work Hertix ! That is pretty much the total sum of the AI experience in MO.

Hertix

Would love a comment by SV whether they have looked at this thread today =D

Status
Not open for further replies.