Alchemy for the Masses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #21

NINEN

Trial Member
Agreed.

And nice job finding the volumizer thing. I actually never discovered that effect, which is probably why my potions were always horribly expensive. I'm pretty sure I was using volumizers, thinking they were multipliers the whole time.

I'm half tempted to go sub again just to experiment with alchemy again. I'll probably wait until they make footsoldiers and mages viable again, though. From what I hear, anyone without a high-end mount is dead in the water. =(

Thank you very much! My wish is that Alchemy in general becomes a more widespread profession.

Thread starter #22

NINEN

Trial Member
Well I know you volumizer information is severely lacking, but good start. I think the adders and their ideal ratios and amounts is the "progress" made by an alchemists, and giving it away completely dissolves the class.
I'm sure that I do not have all the information figured out for the entire system. My only hope is that I have clarified a large part of the Alchemy system in order to provide a somewhat helpful service to "The Masses".

Thank you for your support though Hertix, I appreciate it. :p

those voluminizers could quite well be an adder aswell tho, see pirum juice it actually enhances the potion so it would classify as voluminizer/adder hybrid. Then again all "multipliers" act as voluminizers. theres a simple rule for that from my research. If you can make the "multiplier" into a potion of its own, it will add to the volume of the base. Metals cannot work as voluminizers!

for some reason it doesnt let me edit my post: not all multipliers act as voluminizers cuz :GOLD:

reaverx

Very nice guide, I've been looking to get into Alchemy and without a basic grasp of how the system works it would of taken me ages to gain this much knowledge. Still lots of experimenting to do, which I do look forward to, as a key part of the profession.

I wonder if you'd like to comment on the extraction (e.g. pressing to make juices), and perhaps some basics on how to combine to make the potion. Do you just lob all these things in together.

I guess I'll discover more as I get more into it.

Dsn

Honored Member
Very nice guide, I've been looking to get into Alchemy and without a basic grasp of how the system works it would of taken me ages to gain this much knowledge. Still lots of experimenting to do, which I do look forward to, as a key part of the profession.

I wonder if you'd like to comment on the extraction (e.g. pressing to make juices), and perhaps some basics on how to combine to make the potion. Do you just lob all these things in together.

watter ingridients like fruits you get juice from and the stuff you get oil from go into the press, grains go into the grinder and the rest goes into the herbologium table.

You use the potion making skill on a fabricula and throw in all the stuff, then you fill a vial with it. DONE
as for pressing: you need the lores for the appliance, for the input and output material you go to a press and then press on the extraction skill. Put in the fruit as extractant and leave the catalyst blank. DONE

reaverx

watter ingridients like fruits you get juice from and the stuff you get oil from go into the press, grains go into the grinder and the rest goes into the herbologium table.
You use the potion making skill on a fabricula and throw in all the stuff, then you fill a vial with it. DONE
as for pressing: you need the lores for the appliance, for the input and output material you go to a press and then press on the extraction skill. Put in the fruit as extractant and leave the catalyst blank. DONE

Thank you both thats very informative. It does seem to me that there are nearly two separate trades here. The alchemist that makes the potions, and the extractor of juices, oils, grains etc; Although I'm sure the same character can and often does both.

Dsn

Honored Member
you cannot have extractor and alchemist on the same char, you ll lack the skill points for it

Hertix

you cannot have extractor and alchemist on the same char, you ll lack the skill points for it

Even when you don't need the lores for adders? But yes you can't be a full butcher, a mineral extractor, a plant extractor, and an alcehmist on 1 char =D

Even when you don't need the lores for adders? But yes you can't be a full butcher, a mineral extractor, a plant extractor, and an alcehmist on 1 char =D
The problem is you need the lores for extracting them in the first place :/

Hertix

The problem is you need the lores for extracting them in the first place :/

But the only things you will be extracting is the botany things, there might be enough points for that =D.

reaverx

I ment just an extractor of plants, and an alchemist. I already have a mineral extractor, and butchers.

Thread starter #40

NINEN

Trial Member
thx ninen for this guide :)

My goal was to give out enough information so that everyone is not fumbling in the dark, while leaving enough information for the thrill. I feel that part of the allure to Alchemy is that it is the one of the only professions that you can still get a sense of excitement from exploration and testing. I have found friends through Alchemy and feel that it has made my gameplay much more enjoyable.

I will not give out specifics regarding which substances are the best. This is something I would rather people do on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.