Alchemy for the Masses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noted, thank you very much for the clarification! I will update Immediately!

I will have to get Salvia Carpels though.

However, I thought it was 17.5. I may be mistaken, but I thought the numbers jumped between 17 and 18 consistently. This is because all Health Points in Mortal are in decimal values. Therefore, you have to test no less than 4 times to record an accurate value, and you have to ensure you use Mind Blast to lower your health pool. This is because if you lower it using ANYTHING else, then the HP pool of the testee will be in decimal format, not a whole value. Which will skew the results. I could be wrong, so I'll change until I can reconfirm.
you could just kill yourself :D that always is a flat out value, also make sure your character doesnt have passive regen ;)
and yes its red jamburras as green ones dont have direct heal :D
Theres another way to hurt you aswell, that is poison

Zergi

can you do pet attack me anymore? (Like pet protect me, I thought it was gone)
idk go and try
/pet 1 attack target YOURNAMEHERE
/pet 1 attack YOURNAMEHERE
/pet 1 attack me

pretty sure one will work^^

Hertix

Noted, thank you very much for the clarification! I will update Immediately!

I will have to get Salvia Carpels though.

However, I thought it was 17.5. I may be mistaken, but I thought the numbers jumped between 17 and 18 consistently. This is because all Health Points in Mortal are in decimal values. Therefore, you have to test no less than 4 times to record an accurate value, and you have to ensure you use Mind Blast to lower your health pool. This is because if you lower it using ANYTHING else, then the HP pool of the testee will be in decimal format, not a whole value. Which will skew the results. I could be wrong, so I'll change until I can reconfirm.

Well, let's just say there are quite a few testing methods out there to help you find more accurate results =D

A few questions:
1. What determines the base ingredient? Another way to ask would be, can you have enough volumizers in a recipe to decrease the required base ingredient quantity to 1?
2. Are there multipliers that have more than one "bell curve"? An example of this would be a multiplier that adds two hit points to a potion when adding 3 of it in, but adds four hit points when adding 12 in.
3. Is the "bell curve" of the multipliers affected by the ratio of the total amount of ingredients, the total amount of ingredients that add to the PU, the total amount of PU, or the total amount of the base ingredients?

Hertix

A few questions:
1. What determines the base ingredient? Another way to ask would be, can you have enough volumizers in a recipe to decrease the required base ingredient quantity to 1?
2. Are there multipliers that have more than one "bell curve"? An example of this would be a multiplier that adds two hit points to a potion when adding 3 of it in, but adds four hit points when adding 12 in.
3. Is the "bell curve" of the multipliers affected by the ratio of the total amount of ingredients, the total amount of ingredients that add to the PU, the total amount of PU, or the total amount of the base ingredients?

1. I am not completely sure, though I have my theories. As for volumizers, the info on volumizing in this thread is a bit...off.

2. I don't think you understand the bell curve concept....The bell curve means that every adder will be most effective at a certain ratio to the direct healing base, but you also have to take into account the poison and direct heal properties of the adder as well as total dillution.

3.total amount of base ingredient.

2. I don't think you understand the bell curve concept....The bell curve means that every adder will be most effective at a certain ratio to the direct healing base, but you also have to take into account the poison and direct heal properties of the adder as well as total dillution.
Thanks for the reply. I was asking if there were multipliers that could possibly have two significant ratios, but I guess not.

Thread starter #72

NINEN

Trial Member
the info on volumizing in this thread is a bit...off.

If you feel the information provided in the volumizing section in the guide to be "a bit...off" then you should either correct me or remain silent.

Making statements regarding the inaccuracy, and then failing to provide information is being intentionally cryptic on your part.

Strilan

Exalted Member
If you feel the information provided in the volumizing section in the guide to be "a bit...off" then you should either correct me or remain silent.

Making statements regarding the inaccuracy, and then failing to provide information is being intentionally cryptic on your part.

This isn't the first time someone would have said / done this. (intentionally cryptic. telling someone: "oh you're doing it wrong", yet providing no hints, no examples, just gloating.) Take the good w/ the bad, I guess. I appreciate everything you've done so far, and although Pavel is our local scientist, and understands many of the things you've listed, I'm happy to see him dropping by some information, and you providing a platform for many budding alchemists as well.

Good luck to you, all the best.

<3<3<3<3

Thread starter #74

NINEN

Trial Member
This isn't the first time someone would have said / done this. (intentionally cryptic. telling someone: "oh you're doing it wrong", yet providing no hints, no examples, just gloating.) Take the good w/ the bad, I guess. I appreciate everything you've done so far, and although Pavel is our local scientist, and understands many of the things you've listed, I'm happy to see him dropping by some information, and you providing a platform for many budding alchemists as well.

Good luck to you, all the best.

<3<3<3<3

Noted, thanks for your support.

ird

Silver Supporter
Welcome back Ninen, nice post.

You spelled "effect" wrong. Thought you'd like to know :) It's in the "Base" description (first one).

Thread starter #78

NINEN

Trial Member
Fixed, and thank you for the correction. :D

I really would like the know the use of a poison potion? Since everyone can see what's inside your potion, what would be it's use?

They're useless. Maybe if we can poison weapons one day then they will be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.