Alchemy for the Masses

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more random utility, situational and sideways progression features we have the better.

Well if its limited to weakspot hits it will be pretty risky to stab your friends multiple times with the chance of healing them.
well u'd literally neeed surgical accuracy... U stab the body part wich would receive the least damage with a dagger that doesn't inflict that much damage... Any fool can stab u, but I can see how a small puncture in the arm, inflicted by a veteran wouln't be as dangerous as a retard driving a shank in your eye, screaming out "ALL BETTARR!!!"

alahadi

Multipliers also work on a bell curve effect. This means that a material may multiply at 100B+1M=18, then result at 100B+3M=20, then result in 100B+5M=18. Therefore, to increase a DH of a potion more multipliers at varying amounts will be necessary.

Why does it go down to 18 again if 100b+5M?

So I'm doing some heavy testing of how to determine values with decimals. First I need to test how much dmg my Mind Blast does and how much health I really have. This gives some interesting results.

I start at 147/146 HP (Already bugged here)
IF I do not use a Camp Fire to rest up at, when I use Mind Blast I will get 106 HP.
IF I do use a Camp Fire to rest up at, I will get 107 HP.

When I begin my test with ingredients my results varies if I have 107 or 106 in HP (new hp curve).

Anyone experienced this problem?

Notime

Oghmium Supporter
So I'm doing some heavy testing of how to determine values with decimals. First I need to test how much dmg my Mind Blast does and how much health I really have. This gives some interesting results.

IF I do not use a Camp Fire to rest up at, when I use Mind Blast I will get 106 HP.

When I begin my test with ingredients my results varies if I have 107 or 106 in HP (new hp curve).

yea, I just look at my health(mostly on my fighter) with 198/197(same weird stuff), get some fall damage like 33 and im at 165, do it again for 33 and im at 132hp, i mean its not really that accurate but in combat that 0.1-1hp isnt really a killer.

reaverx

I heard there is a way to get the decimals places, THIS IS A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH ALCHEMY.
Worse yet some people claim to know a way; not sure my self if true or not, or even how it might be done.

It's hard.. and I'm not even sure it's possible.. Since there is so many unknown factors and currently I dunno how people can say "it's not 6 HP, but 6.0 HP".

Sometimes when I relog I get a new health value.. It's just making me frustrated xD

Alright... Done some more testing and here's my result:

Everytime I do something to my HP, IF I relog I will have one less HP than before. Like it cannot calculate my real HP when I'm in game but first after a restart.

What I tried: Mind Blast, drinking Red Jambura Juice (took around 20-30 potions and relogged after each one - 1 less HP each time).

Let's continue spamming this thread:

The bug I described is only a visuel bug. It have the same decimal but only a -1.0 value (which is irritation enough). I recommend resting again untill you have the correct value (fully rested, still sleeping, with 146/146 for example. If 147/146 => Lose HP => Rest up => repeat etc.).
I'm not 100 percent about this but haven't got any failures in my calculation... yet

Disclaimer - Before reading this remember I'm still testing and this may be all false info!
So I found a way to determine the decimal. I must say it was kinda tricky and it didn't make it easier that my HP wasn't 146.0 but 145,7. Since my Con is capped at 45 and my height is something too I think no one has 140.0 HP but instead 140.3 HP (just an example).

Some random info from my testing:
  • MO is using 1 decimal (1,0 / not 1,00 / not 1)
  • Red Jambura Juice has a healing value at 9.0 for 10 PU
  • Mind Blast reduces your health at 40.0 HP with minimum skills
  • Do not relog when you're testing!
I need to do some more testing before I can confirm how to determine the decimal value.
If you think I'm wrong please say! (and ofc why :b )

Hertix

Let's continue spamming this thread:

The bug I described is only a visuel bug. It have the same decimal but only a -1.0 value (which is irritation enough). I recommend resting again untill you have the correct value (fully rested, still sleeping, with 146/146 for example. If 147/146 => Lose HP => Rest up => repeat etc.).
I'm not 100 percent about this but haven't got any failures in my calculation... yet

Disclaimer - Before reading this remember I'm still testing and this may be all false info!
So I found a way to determine the decimal. I must say it was kinda tricky and it didn't make it easier that my HP wasn't 146.0 but 145,7. Since my Con is capped at 45 and my height is something too I think no one has 140.0 HP but instead 140.3 HP (just an example).

Some random info from my testing:
  • MO is using 1 decimal (1,0 / not 1,00 / not 1)
  • Red Jambura Juice has a healing value at 9.0 for 10 PU
  • Mind Blast reduces your health at 40.0 HP with minimum skills
  • Do not relog when you're testing!
I need to do some more testing before I can confirm how to determine the decimal value.

If you think I'm wrong please say! (and ofc why :b )

The visual bug doesn't actually change your hp value at all, you just won't be able to see your true hp until you gain hp or take damage. And MO most definitely doesn't use just 1 decimal place. I can test the accuracy of some ingredients to the nearest .005 hps.

Yeah.. I did some more testing and one decimal wasn't enough to get correct results.. Meh, makes it a lot harder

reaverx

The visual bug doesn't actually change your hp value at all, you just won't be able to see your true hp until you gain hp or take damage. And MO most definitely doesn't use just 1 decimal place. I can test the accuracy of some ingredients to the nearest .005 hps.
The cursed question is how to discover this accuracy without testing the same set ingredients at the same levels for MILLIONS of times, in order to gain mean average.
I personally can't see a game mechanic that allows you to get such accuracy without such tests.
*NOTE: I'm NOT accusing anyone of anything!*

The cursed question is how to discover this accuracy without testing the same set ingredients at the same levels for MILLIONS of times, in order to gain mean average.
I personally can't see a game mechanic that allows you to get such accuracy without such tests.
*NOTE: I'm NOT accusing anyone of anything!*
His method is clever, smart, and logical and 100% within the game mechanics, but I would not fret over it at all like it seems that you may be, because you don't need this level of accuracy to run your standard tests and figure out everything from individual multiplier strength to optimum ratio use.

I have never used this particular testing method even tho I know how to just because I didn't find it necessary as I was going thru my tests. But it certainly is a great tool I would consider using once I have all my data collected to go back and see just exactly what each component and then the recipes happen do exactly just for accuracy sake, or to be completely comprehensive, but I don't think it is necessary to make progress and to deconstruct the system at all.

Najwalaylah

Honored Member
His method is clever, smart, and logical and 100% within the game mechanics, but I would not fret over it at all like it seems that you may be, because you don't need this level of accuracy to run your standard tests and figure out everything from individual multiplier strength to optimum ratio use.

I have never used this particular testing method even tho I know how to just because I didn't find it necessary as I was going thru my tests. But it certainly is a great tool I would consider using once I have all my data collected to go back and see just exactly what each component and then the recipes happen do exactly just for accuracy sake, or to be completely comprehensive, but I don't think it is necessary to make progress and to deconstruct the system at all.
You'll do it for your obssession, your devotion, your passion.

Game-makers love players like you. <3

The research I have done doesn't use millions but just some thousands of units.. I don't even know why but I like to know that the result I get is 90% accurate.

Right now Im just figuring out what effects the HP and how to test it properly.. I done all the gathering and gathered nearly every info about the pickables... except the alchemy and cooking info.

reaverx

The research I have done doesn't use millions but just some thousands of units.. I don't even know why but I like to know that the result I get is 90% accurate.

Right now Im just figuring out what effects the HP and how to test it properly.. I done all the gathering and gathered nearly every info about the pickables... except the alchemy and cooking info.
millions/thousands, where's the difference. It's a painfully slow process.

bahhhhhhh.
1. I'm sure it is "clever, smart", but not so sure about "logical and 100% within the game mechanics", yet to be convinced, guess I'll never know LMFAO.
2. " I would not fret over it at all like it seems that you may be, because you don't need this level of accuracy to run your standard tests and figure out everything from individual multiplier strength to optimum ratio use", I'm not freting, just pointing out the pain.... and to be honest, I'm not sure I can do this later part. I've been testing for some time, and there's such little difference combinations I've tested thus far, I can't tell very much at all for certain.

I've still got lots to test, mainly because most of current tests have told me jack all...

Status
Not open for further replies.