Are we Toxic or not? Is the Mortal Online Community Toxic to new players?

I got that Feeling that particular thread is going to take the Whiners way I already noticed someone Whining about griefing, frequently killed by Blues and other saying Bone and Mol isn't a Match to Metal etc well guy's u should know better this ain't 2014 any more things speeding up and already Changed and the So Called Glory old times are Long Gone so Stop pitching around Shake yr Dust and join the Game Forum Fighters personally I see the only thing Changed around MO is the lower population nothing more our So called Toxicity is pretty same Rate since 2012 didn't Go up so High to the blue Sky's or Didn't Go Down Low beneath the Walker tombs

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
I wouldnt really call this community per se any more toxic than any other game.

I must say I have met so many toxic players in games without full loot in the years since I last played MO.

BUT the game itself does push you toward what people can call toxic behaviour since it basically promotes killing and have no real reward for players not randomly killing anything you meet. Defending players has litterally no upside to it, and if you do get flagged while doing so innocent players has no downside to not kill you.

Oh and the lack of things to do beside PvE against terrible AI or PvP or stare at timers dont help out. Andif you do die as a blue theres no downside except a few short minutes of hiding until your blue again for stealing a anti PKs loot.

some are toxic , some are not ; tool of mo are meant for players to be toxic ;

when coming to mo i expected to be killed in the field for no reason other than my loot ; and it happened

i expected a bit less to be killed in the field will being naked ; it happened

i basically expected to have griefing in town , and it happened

what i didnt expect is that griefing take no punishment compared to thieving ( 2 minute grey versus 11 if you die , eternity if you live on ;d)

mo is like that and that's what make it mo ;;

problem is that two third of the player base whine all day that there is barely a ratior of 1/5 nex player that stay , yet the same player continue to kill donkey in town ; kill pig killer in guarden ...

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
Therefore the new player island is a good idea to get rid of red PK killing one hour old players in Tindrem garden or camp the main gate until the new players are leaving after some hours again.

deathshroud

Exalted Member
Your mmorpg is flawed when a player kills you for the sake of killing you without consequence or reward.

When PKing gets to this state it will kill the game, there always needs to be risk, either the penalties are not harsh enough or the reward isn't great enough. Killing a new player is obviously not oging to provide any sort of reward however it should have some sort of penalty.

Either you make everyone evenly matched and turn it into a pvp dm or you fix the issues that drive away the new players.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Killing a new player is obviously not going to provide any sort of reward
You're not wrong, but the title rewards given for murdering successive numbers of absolutely anyone seem to have been left out of your calculations.

Truly, you have to murder a great many times before getting the highest title, and then (only then) does it stop having some kind of reward.

You're not wrong, but the title rewards given for murdering successive numbers of absolutely anyone seem to have been left out of your calculations.

Truly, you have to murder a great many times before getting the highest title, and then (only then) does it stop having some kind of reward.
like i said earlier youre less punished when killing in town than for thieving ...

Yeah, we are really really toxic community. We kill naked boys and girls. We are bad. We are fucking Random Player Killers and we hate RPK. We are hypocrites. Generally saying.

(I was expecting a pool here. ;P)
hate RPK? jajaja ¿why? i not hate I do not hate anyone and I do not know why everyone says that our community is the community of the "bad guys of the MMO" I think we are a very funny group.

I always have a good time with the boys.

Is simply. People kill noobs becouse is funny for guys kill noobs. Kill all becuose is funny kill all. Is part freedom game supose. Yesterday i dead 15 times jajaja. is normal dead in game.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Is simply. People kill noobs becouse is funny for guys kill noobs. Kill all becuose is funny kill all. Is part freedom game supose. Yesterday i dead 15 times jajaja. is normal dead in game.
It's simply that the highest title for blue kills is just a small step above a participation trophy, then; isn't it?