Arena Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reward with no risk? No thanks. I like the general idea, but nothing should be provided. Also are you thinking queue for different style matches like 1v1, 2v2 etc.? It'd be cool to be able to queue for different pre determined tiers or something.

The items could be purchased or certain materials could be traded for gear. I'm not trying to eliminate risk, I just used a sloppy description I guess. Contestants should indeed pay to play.

The thing I'm after is a structured arena with matches and predictability. Think Bernajos prize fights w/out all the dodging.

Spectator mode could make it accessible to non-combatants as currently draw in animations are severely limited.

Chests and prizes don't really work because the vast majority assume they won't make it out alive. It could be a stack of Ogh, the average player doesn't have a chance so won't attempt it, let alone risk losing their gear going.

I think of this as something that would happen weekly, or bi-weekly, and be competitive.

Marcas

Oghmium Supporter
The items could be purchased or certain materials could be traded for gear. I'm not trying to eliminate risk, I just used a sloppy description I guess. Contestants should indeed pay to play.

The thing I'm after is a structured arena with matches and predictability. Think Bernajos prize fights w/out all the dodging.

Spectator mode could make it accessible to non-combatants as currently draw in animations are severely limited.

Chests and prizes don't really work because the vast majority assume they won't make it out alive. It could be a stack of Ogh, the average player doesn't have a chance so won't attempt it, let alone risk losing their gear going.

I think of this as something that would happen weekly, or bi-weekly, and be competitive.

I really like where this idea is headed. I would definitely spend a lot of time at the arena.

I think there should be fights as often as there are people signed up for them. Maybe a prize fight every week between the victors.

There is a lot of things SV could do with a properly implemented arena.. I know lots of people that would play this game purely for the arena!

Resin

I would like to see pay-in elimination or double elimination tournaments. Everyone pays in winner walks off with the amount people payed into the total pot.

Resin

Plus the money betters had bet in the wrong person/group...
An NPC bookey would be awesome, but I think it should be completely separate from a prize pot. Prize pot being specifically for participants, while bookey is specificaly for gamblers.

Cruzxavier

An NPC bookey would be awesome, but I think it should be completely separate from a prize pot. Prize pot being specifically for participants, while bookey is specificaly for gamblers.
well but i think we need less and less virtual money circulating in Nave imo. If a players money would go into another players money instead of an NPC, people would farm inside palisades less. People would see money can be made in tournaments and spend their time in the arena instead of thier palisades farming.

Just food for thought

Resin

Bookee would take multiple players money, give it to winning player, maybe take a cut. Prize pot, would take players money pool it and give it to single winner. No new gold generated.

Cruzxavier

Bookee would take multiple players money, give it to winning player, maybe take a cut. Prize pot, would take players money pool it and give it to single winner. No new gold generated.
Yeah. Sorry i am tired. My previous logic made my head explode just now..

Maxstor

Trial Member
I think if this arena thingy re-worked and tweaked it would be an awesome part of the game where players from distant lands came to see matches in the famous ARENA of the Tindremic Empire. The betting system, spectators, Ranks to achieve by combatants, Unique rewards for ranks, 1v1,2v2,3v3 fighting formats as Wreml said, cheering crowd ambient sounds when going toward Arena which increases with you reaching there, separate path for Reds to join in, Spectators should have places to sit like chairs that you press R to sit and then you will have a better view of the fight at that mode, Name of the Champion cried via NPC's in City when the champ moves around, Basically after one combatant defeated he always go MERCY MODE and not die even on a big hit and the winning side can decide to finish of or let the opponent live but fight ends like after 5 seconds of Mercy Mode, A cheer leader who announces the rules and not the name but like race and information of the each Deva would be nice but it's hard to implement I think or not and Finally keep the Arena open for most of the time.

Note: Actually with some of the ideas I've written and some other guys ideas hopefully we can have an awesome PvP place to go and watch without anyone going red for the sake of some fun PvP and actually come to Arena to spend time! I mean not just grind or breed or level toons but come to the Arena to watch some epic fights. I believe this game lacks this element of PvP without getting red and most of reds are not criminals but pure PvP lovers and they can compete in Arena this way and hopefully this will lead to safer routes between cities, which then leads to more playerbase and fun.

Resin

I bet unique titles that must be maintained periodicly would work well, maybe one per timezone. Arena Champion would be a title people would fight for, and fight to keep.

Cruzxavier

I bet unique titles that must be maintained periodicly would work well, maybe one per timezone. Arena Champion would be a title people would fight for, and fight to keep.
YES!!! Not just arena champion. The master of bets would be a good idea as well. So much!

So much dissapointment...

Maxiumus

Cuprum Supporter
Wish i was there for it...

Perhaps if we showed some interest in game, SV would invest more time into developing it. There are mechanics needed for a proper arena system, but we have plenty of Palisades and combatants looking to fight for gold. We need a Don King in Nave, or Dana White.

Pantero

If the money's right I'll take a dive for a cut of the profit.

Cruzxavier

Perhaps if we showed some interest in game, SV would invest more time into developing it. There are mechanics needed for a proper arena system, but we have plenty of Palisades and combatants looking to fight for gold. We need a Don King in Nave, or Dana White.
How can people show interest in game if the stuff in game is not interesting as you well know?

Status
Not open for further replies.