AS YOU WOULD LIKE IT TO BE THE MORTAL ONLINE 2

Thread starter #1
The idea of an MO2 that solves the errors that ruined the MO and creates a new experience seems fascinating to me.
I will follow the evolution of MO2 with great attention, hoping to see it come true one day.
Now I will cite the characteristics that I would like to see in the MO2

MYRLAND ENVIRONMENT

-A graphics full of brightness and attractiveness, with lots of vegetation, huge green forests, fast flowing rivers, caves, underground passages, many secret caverns, dungeons, mysteries and mythical creatures, such as dragons, giant minotaurs, evil creatures, and many fantastic adventures and unique
One of the things I liked the least about the MO was the poor activity of its creatures, crazy little stimulating that was to hunt them and the few places that were to explore and live adventures. It was very tedious in that sense. It was always the same. Minos, Sator ...
It was not too mysterious or stimulating.
I would like to see great underground caverns with labyrinths filled with orc tribes that lurk in the depths hiding great treasures ... things like that. Great adventures

-NPC ACTIVITY-

For me it is the key issue. When you enter a game, you do not do it for 10 consecutive hours turtles. You want adventure, fun, drama, role playing, battles, stories.
It is time for the grinding to die in the MO and in turn to a different way of interacting with the world. Players enter myrland to ply their sword, or use their magic or their cunning or their business skills and want to be able to focus their playing time on those activities. How to suppress the most tedious parts of the grind and at the same time enrriquecer the game?
Simple.

let the NPCs do that work. Whether as farmers, miners, fishermen, collectors. They will play that part and the players will compete to be lords of the lands where the NPCs live.
In that way, everything will revolve around politics, war, the players will be lords, mercenaries, they will form military orders, they will serve in armies, in search of their sustenance.
The lords, will create castles and from them they will found kingdoms, which will collide with other kingdoms in their objective to dominate those points of interest.
However, the trades should be there anyway. Players must be able to choose to be legendary blacksmiths, great chefs, doctors and for that they should be able to leave their mark on their products. In the MO everything was the same. You reached level 100 of ability, someone told you the recipes and all the weapons were more or less the same.
The only way that each one leaves his mark on each of his products is that by means of some system, (game or something like that) each weapon forged is different, that each dish cooked is different.
In this way players can become legendary blacksmiths or great legends in their professions, for being able to leave a personal mark on their products.

ECONOMY.
If it were done as I put it, the economy should change.
Barter should play a fundamental role. A kingdom that produces a lot of food, could change it for wood and vice versa.
A kingdom with a lot of valuable mineral production could change that mineral for skins, fish, drink, or anything else.
I firmly believe that the game's coins should disappear.
Starvault must deliver the economy of the game to the players.
I personally played years as a trader and lived the limitations that its economic circuit imposed on us. I tried to fight against that, but at the end it was impossible.
The players must craftear whatever they need and to interchange with others.
Gold and silver must be rare and valuable. Only consoling kingdoms must have the ability to coin their own currency in order to recruit troops and give real value to gold or precious jewels.
The gold of the MO had no value. It was a fiction. It was not drawn from anywhere. It was there by magic.
Gold must be mined by NPC in mining villages and then melted and refined by players who will convert it into bullion and coins if they have the ability.
In this way as the guilds and the kingdoms were forging economic relations would appear a valuable currency that would end up being used in important transactions.
I am talking about creating a real feudal money economy from scratch. I never liked how the MO economy was organized.
The figure of the vendor should disappear.
If the players produce excess of a certain resource they must store it if it is not perishable. and it will be lost.
The fish must have a limited time of utility, the same meat, weapons, tools etc.
It did not make sense that food and drink lasted indefinitely. It's stupid.

Starvault should enable some tools to facilitate all this and to help develop the paths of bankers, traders, transporters (please implement carts pulled by horses, is of great importance and will be stimulating)

I can not stop insisting on all this. It is the key to the whole game.
People will fight, but what to fight for but there is nothing to gain?
The reward for hard battles can not be that you are the slave of a tepra or granum mine. You fight to be a lord, not a slave.
What was the point of conquering a land and then having yourself to exploit it in a grueling grind that never ended?
That part of the game was not fun, it was a punishment. It was depressing, boring and terrible. If Starvault does the same the game will fail.
The MO2 is an opportunity to create a vibrant, realistic and motivating economy that reproduces a feudal universe with meaning. Where gold is a scarce resource only available to the most powerful, where the lords can raise armies and fight to dominate land with valuable villages.
Where you can get loot from your conquests. where there may be npc slaves, which is part of the spoils of war and you can be able to work.
It would be great to implement an NPC system where npc would have more or less happiness depending on a series of parameters related to food, protection, religion etc. In case you are not a good ruler they would revolt against you.
It would also be fun to implement ways for spies and secret agents, that the NPC can be bribed and your domains change hands for riots and conspiracies etc.

I can not stop insisting on this. People want to fight for territories but these territories must be the reward, not a punishment.
I was always clear that the economic system of the MO and its territorial system was what ruined the game (not to mention the crazy monthly sub payment) but it is my opinion.

The lore was terrible, disastrous and had nothing to do with what the players did in the game. In the Lore del MO the history of the community was never recorded. Legendary names of MO should be part of the history of Myrland.
Mythical institutions such as ICHcorp or legendary warriors should have their part in the lore of the game.
I myself, through my role stories, tried to crown an emperor, which was voted by dozens of players. Create stories that had an impact on the game and amused people. Other players made fantastic stories that must be present in the official lore. What about the legendary cult of the god Soldeus? It is a wonder that emerged from the community and was integrated into the game. What is the point of doing a lore that ignores and does not record events from the same world where players live, fight, create, etc.
Starvaul must open the lore to the community, record events, enrich the stories. Let the lore envelop the community and the names of those who are legend, are part of the cultural legacy of the game. I met many players who did great things for years or who were mythical warriors, or brilliant strategists, astute bankers, great blacksmiths, powerful magicians ... Starvaul never integrated all that wealth in his lore. He simply ignored our experiences in the game as if nothing we did had transcendence. Even the business of the emperor ... my God, it was a disaster. There was only one royal emperor in the game that lasted only a couple of months. Komodor, who was voted by the community. The rest of the time the imperial institutions did not mean the game, they must give us tools so that we are the ones who write the history of the game, not the other way around.
I showed it with my stories and many others before me.
I want a lore to record our exploits, stories, wars, adventures, decisive events. etc..
It always frustrated me not being able to leave an imprint of all those events that I lived.
Starvault must deliver the economy of the game to the players and must also do the same with lore, adapting it and integrating the experiences of the community. Do not move them to a dark corner in the multimedia sense of the forum or in the role section.
it's about creating a living world, a real sandbox, we need the tools and the stage, the rest we will do.

THE EMPIRE

I hope that before dying some day I can see in the MO2 a human player being crowned emperor, king, or whatever.
It is a fantastic idea. That an imperial palace is created, a great imperial citadel.
He who conquered it or who had enough support to be named as emperor, could make his kingdom have some advantages, such as collecting a tax rate of all myrland, issuing laws, outlaw their enemies, reward their friends with jewelry and gold from the real treasury. It would have access to the royal treasure, with magical weapons, refined armor, items of great value and much more.
to reach this, the route of conquest or the diplomatic route should be used.
That is to say that there is a senate of players with representatives that can elect by vote an imperial leader.
Or that a powerful warlord can raise an army with which to besiege and conquer the imperial city.
This would open up endless possibilities, such as that the gentlemen make conspiracies to establish their own candidate, that a bad emperor has to quell a revolt of caudillos discontent with his mandate etc ...
All this would add a huge depth to the game.

I think all this is possible, it's just a matter of raising it and carrying it out.
On the other hand, they are only my ideas.

When the MO2 is there I will be from day one to be a merchant and travel with my merchant fleet transporting merchandise.
I want to be able to move my products in my big boats to the unloading ports and also to use large trucks thrown from the ground by land. The items must have a real size and occupy space in the cellars (as in star citizen)

SYSTEM CRIMES

I would like them to completely change the horrible penalty system for stealing and killing.
I believe that each kingdom must choose its own laws in its lands. Perhaps in some kingdoms those who comment on crimes that are reported to human bailiffs, the lord must decide if he confiscates his land and house, if he confiscates his treasure and if he proclaims him outlawed. In this way bandits will emerge who will live hidden in the mountains in secret camps and caves even in underground fortresses or photographed caves.
There can not be a preconceived system of blue and gray reds.
If someone commits a crime in front of a human guard, it will stop him, or he will kill him and if he returns he will do the same. That is enough punishment.
No NPC guards are necessary. If the players mistreat, steal and murder the npc inhabitants of the cities they will get angry, they will not support him and will fight when he sees him, they will not let him enter their villages and they will fight him. That is enough punishment.

JEWELRY

please do the jewels right this time. They should be able to show themselves, be flashy brights and have different functions. I did not like the idea of adding statistics. Those that are magical, should be able to have unique powers such as being invisible a certain time, being able to fly or cast a ray of fire, perhaps bewitching the players or temporarily blinding them etc.
They must be extremely rare and valuable and there should only be a handful of magical gems in all myrland. The rest should be jewelry of economic value such as gold necklaces and gems etc ... Items that give you status and you can change for other things. that thousands of different models can be made so that people dress with the jewels that they like the most, as well as clothes etc ...

PRISONERS

This topic is important. He must be able to capture prisoners from enemies. And also imprison the bandits who are arrested.
The jails should be similar to the elder scroll. Dungeons where the player alive can remain handcuffed purging his grief without being able to commit suicide.

Likewise captured players should be able to be tortured, fed, hanged, mutilated, or even enslaved until someone pays their ransom or escape through some difficult method to implement.

I would like to think that I will see something of all this in the MO2 although I could not say ...
I would like you to tell me if you like my idea or if you have other ideas to add things to the MO2 and what you would like to see in the game

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
Great ideas! But will StarVault the right company to put this into a game?

Thread starter #3
Great ideas! But will StarVault the right company to put this into a game?
I think they have a lot of experience now, market boy and a community that played at the MO and is watching them.
I would like to think that they will listen to me in some of my ideas, although I suspect that they will not do it hahaha.
So far they have never listened to me or listened to me.
I even volunteered to help them with the LORE to ensure that the imprint of many of the stories we have lived is recorded in the new lore but they have not answered me.
Still I want to think that I will see things like that in the game.

Do you like my idea?

One thing i'd like which they should hopefully be capable of doing is making all the transitions from one action and animation to another be as fluid as possible. Running around a bit lately after a long time away and I forgot how jarring and clunky everything is. Transitioning from land to water and swimming should be way better than it is. I hate all the seemingly arbitrary timers between things that make it all so herky jerky all the time.

Swapping weapons and equipping and unequipping should be made fluid. Mounting and dismounting shouldn't jerk your camera view all around.

I really think they should revisit how they do magic casting as well, I mean I'm totally used to how MO does it from playing for a long time, but the stopping to charge a spell would be more fun if most spells that are lower damage could be cast on the run and used real projectiles, like the basic junk like a low damage fireball or whatever. And if they balanced it so you could actually cast more spells of that type in a Mana bar for the amount of Mana a typical foot mage would have. Maybe that way doing PvE as a mage that isn't pet based could finally be a thing, and it'd be another option, as long as it's balanced around what it's used for. The basic mechanics of MO casting has never felt fun and fluid to me.

I also think it'd be a good idea to change the map up and break it up so there is more large bodies of water, that way, even if it doesn't get put in game for awhile , they have the option for sailing and boats and junk, it just doesn't really seem like our current map would be very good for that in my opinion.

Edit: Oh ya, they should change how torches work, also a super clunky mechanic for no reason. I like that you need a torch in dark caves, and I liked the idea originally of the dark dark nights, but the mechanics of needing to be in combat mode to have any light from your torch makes it super annoying to fight anything in a cave or even travel around for that matter without sprinting in combat mode, it just feels wrong. not to mention stuff like mages can't cast with a torch in hand and archers or 2 handed melee can't really do anything outside of littering the area with campfires which is just a stupid thing to have to do. Now that I'm thinking about it, even one handed melee is annoying with a torch because of left swing attacking with a torch which no one would ever intentionally do ....so just take it out and let you swing left or right direction with your actual weapon the same way you do if you only have a one hander equipped.

And boiled leather should be craftable like it was in beta when you had the npc butcher/refine your crap.

Last edited:
I agree with most of you fellow, I'd also like to add that I really want them to steal all of the good ideas from Life is Feudal without all the trash.
That game is committing suicide yet a second time thanks to retarded devs but there are a few good things

FoBing out bases you want to siege.
Anticav weapons
Horse Fences
Bowling people over with cavalry
Pre-december TTK
Judgement hour was a good way to do building destruction while avoiding the sleeping contest of games like Atlas or Rust

I do hope for methods to hop into peoples walls as well imo walls should be worthless without people on them which should be 24/7 at any time, but not for building destruction

grendel

This topic is important. He must be able to capture prisoners from enemies. And also imprison the bandits who are arrested.
The jails should be similar to the elder scroll. Dungeons where the player alive can remain handcuffed purging his grief without being able to commit suicide.

Likewise captured players should be able to be tortured, fed, hanged, mutilated, or even enslaved until someone pays their ransom or escape through some difficult method to implement.

I would like to think that I will see something of all this in the MO2 although I could not say ...
If this was ingame, you would still be imprisoned for treason against the emperor. Once every full moon, the emperor henrik would parade you through the streets and have the Eeta mutilate you. Be careful what you wish for.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
If this was ingame, you would still be imprisoned for treason against the emperor. Once every full moon, the emperor henrik would parade you through the streets and have the Eeta mutilate you. Be careful what you wish for.
((I like the spirit & style of your statement, but damn it; it mostly serves to remind me that no such Emperor-involved Event has ever nor provably will ever take place.))

... And at last, we'd all see-- even in the full moon's light-- that no matter how the human skin is stretched, under it we can see the outlines of the Sator within, tail a-swish beneath the trailing cloak of imperial purple.

Thread starter #13
Haha good point.

Well you know that I do not agree with you at that point.
Komodor I was the only legitimate emperor. Voted by the people and supported by many. His arrival in power was the beginning of a golden age. Tindrem was rich, there was work for everyone, people received weapons, armor, food, enough gold, all were happy.
Then the revolt overthrew the emperor and my government.

I have always said that he was the true emperor and I will always say it.
In Myrland there is no emperor.
No longer.
Henrik is not Emperor of Myrland. The throne is vacant.

I wonder if one day some hero will be able to claim it.

It would be great.

Make all the AFK professions like butchery, mining, woodcutting, extracting etc active gameplay.

I played Astroneer and it was so enjoyable to dig tunnels to find minerals, extract them with my mining tool and bring it back to the base to process into other materials through different machines.
In MO I stand around AFK mining, then stand AFK extracting. boring boring boring.

Make all the AFK professions like butchery, mining, woodcutting, extracting etc active gameplay.

I played Astroneer and it was so enjoyable to dig tunnels to find minerals, extract them with my mining tool and bring it back to the base to process into other materials through different machines.
In MO I stand around AFK mining, then stand AFK extracting. boring boring boring.
Astroneer has great pve, kind of boring due to content exhaustion yet quite fun. I'd definitely go with something rust-alike for the pve.

Because MO2 exists as well, SWG2 doesn't. You are a very angry person, want to talk about it?
Sorry, MO2 doesn't exist until proven. I haven't seen a single video or piece of a real idea presented by the company except herink's vague rambling about how he "knows" whats wrong with MO and that they won't develop as shitty as they currently do.

Last edited:

grendel

I apologise for being off topic, and I really think we should have this discussion in the streets of Tindrem, just as we did last you made these outrageous claims. Despite being off topic, I need to make this comment:
Henrik is not Emperor of Myrland. The throne is vacant.
High treason!
I wonder if one day some hero will be able to claim it.
It would be great.
This is instigating high treason against the emperor Henrik the Great.
Just in case you or your cronies have forgotten what happened during your last attempt at a coup, here is a link: https://starvault.se/mortalforums/threads/the-last-days-of-the-company-of-tindrem.124927/

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Have the Great & Powerful Henrik reconsider this excellent but underserved question, as something that could go more right / less wrong with the 2.0 version of Mortal Online:

Mortal online - Just a light penalty for murders! Votes: 15 27.8%​
Ultima online - Very hard life for pks and strong penalty every murder count! Votes: 39 72.2%​
(Votes for Ultima Online-style: Landor, realnaste, ThaBadMan, Groenholdt, Gopsje, bbihah, Blackdemon, Najwalaylah, Evigglad, BigL16, eldrath, Incarnadine, Odino1979, Senruset, androma3, Sebas555, hjanuzzi, Allastar, Sebastion, Diphling, Ovi, Dsn, kenvic1, skulls06, Dovakiing, Strilan, Wartlokkur, Hermz, CorpseJanitor, ird, oykd, DarockyITA, NINEN, Tehsavo, Tonkuh, Ruenkiller, dagnax, Naruchico, LordSix)

Have the Great & Powerful Henrik reconsider this excellent but underserved question, as something that could go more right / less wrong with the 2.0 version of Mortal Online:

Mortal online - Just a light penalty for murders! Votes: 15 27.8%​
Ultima online - Very hard life for pks and strong penalty every murder count! Votes: 39 72.2%​
(Votes for Ultima Online-style: Landor, realnaste, ThaBadMan, Groenholdt, Gopsje, bbihah, Blackdemon, Najwalaylah, Evigglad, BigL16, eldrath, Incarnadine, Odino1979, Senruset, androma3, Sebas555, hjanuzzi, Allastar, Sebastion, Diphling, Ovi, Dsn, kenvic1, skulls06, Dovakiing, Strilan, Wartlokkur, Hermz, CorpseJanitor, ird, oykd, DarockyITA, NINEN, Tehsavo, Tonkuh, Ruenkiller, dagnax, Naruchico, LordSix)
Idd like to see murder penalties be tied to location. Rulers set the laws in their area.

The more severe penalties, the higher requirement for an accurate system. If my house is being sieged by a bunch of blue chars I dont want tones of severe penalties for defending it.

I have an idea about tieing laws to religion. You choose to worship a deity and thus it will bestow its fundamental devine justice within the area. This would be a more imersive punishment then murdercounts and also be a great motivation for religious and idealogical wars.

If you kill someone within a Soldeus protected area he sees the deed and bestow his punishment on you. A debuff or something that you suffer when in his area.
This way you cant slaughter innocents in a protected area all day or they get nerfed out of their mind. But in your own area your still fine.