AS YOU WOULD LIKE IT TO BE THE MORTAL ONLINE 2

I hope Mortal Online 2 comes out with all the continents on ''The Old Map'' as it's called if you google it up.

It includes Myrland, Sarducaa, Nordveld, Lykia, Herabalter, Sidoa and some other islands. I doubt it but I know they said they have planned 5 continents for the new game and it would be awesome to explore everything because I think most of us are quite tired of myrland. (Hopefully there will be more players so that 100 active players dont split up between 5 continents.)

I also hope they take their time working on the game, I don't want it released with having to wait for solid patches.

I hope Mortal Online 2 comes out with all the continents on ''The Old Map'' as it's called if you google it up.

It includes Myrland, Sarducaa, Nordveld, Lykia, Herabalter, Sidoa and some other islands. I doubt it but I know they said they have planned 5 continents for the new game and it would be awesome to explore everything because I think most of us are quite tired of myrland. (Hopefully there will be more players so that 100 active players dont split up between 5 continents.)

I also hope they take their time working on the game, I don't want it released with having to wait for solid patches.
The challage is to let each continent have meaningful content and not spread out population. There is a limit to how far you can spread resources before its no longer worth the travel distance.

If MO2 will be 1 char per account you want to be really careful not to make the game a travel simulator.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Tehmudjin said:
How about some books and scrolls here and there that tells about the shaping of the world, and shady old woman living in huts telling scary stories of the old days etc etc.
-- https://www.starvault.se/mortalforu...t-should-focus-development.88076/post-1510588
Najwalaylah said:
...fixing would necessarily include the databases, the forums, the text, et cetera.
-- https://www.starvault.se/mortalforu...t-should-focus-development.88076/post-1510693
It would be really nice to have the underpinnings of things improved to the point where, for instance, items could have a maker's name attached, or some record of what materials went into them (for those who've always wanted the possibility of salvaging materials); or, something already prepared with the cooking skill could be added to another recipe as an advanced ingredient.

A thorough, final-ish but ongoing proofreading of all the SV-supplied text could use some personal attention-- it's been improved over the years, but slowly, and in a way that must have been a bother-- like, an editorial assistant or consultant whose time wouldn't be taken from development in order to look through it all. Spell-check and grammar-check don't catch everything, y'know.

Teknique

MO2 doesn't exist

It would be more constructive to talk about a SWG2
Your premise is flawed for a number of reasons.

For one how are you defining existence? Few things are black and white, most exist on a continuum. Therefore MO2 is in some stage of existence on the continuum whether it simply be a skeleton engine, or merely thought.

By setting an arbitrary point on the continuum of existence and self declaring that as the point where existence now merits conversation is subjective. Furthermore extending your logic to its terminus all ideas should never be discussed, as they never existed in the first place to merit the discussion. Only until someone actions the idea to manflayer's satisfaction of existence could something be discussed.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Item: There were plans for more types of clothing. Possibly for more types of non-armour clothing. A lot of people would like to see that, and MO2 would be a great place for it. As it was perhaps promised:

"I agree these new rags does look much better than the wooden rags we have today :)
These are the first out of many future planned cloth types."​
-- CEO Henrik Nyström, when the new beginner clothes came out.​

[ADDED] Use these designs, please:
https://web.archive.org/web/2019040...s/tailoring-and-character-vanity-items.84927/

Last edited:

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Perhaps MO2 will have room for a feature much-requested over the years: Crouch.

"In MO, there are many objects overlapping the landscape that are transparent from within and opaque from without, and crouching would allow access to more of them, which I tend to think could never be or have been an intention. For a start."
--Najwalaylah, https://www.starvault.se/mortalforums/threads/add-crouch-skills.89736/post-1538480

That's assuming that MO2 with its improved engine wont have the non-colliding rocks, tree trunks, hay piles and other objects referred to in the quotation above, of course.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Resin said:
"Take out teleport to priests for Reds. Add creatures to the etherworld that consume stats. Make their aggro range based on murdercount."​
It's still a good idea, the bolded part (after, perhaps, a slight reworking of the flagging system to make it a bit easier to keep from going red? Or, not) is one that's been alluded to by Henrik before (IIRC), and MO2 would present a great opportunity for its implementation.

Last edited:

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
For MO2, revisit the way that F2P works-- no special recommendations except to make it more tempting to subscribe, because even though there seem to be magic money fountains in use by SV,

"I'm tired of waiting for game development that can't be funded by the number of subscriptions now active."
--http://archive.fo/RlBbu#selection-2675.13-2675.118​

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Counter to some folks intuitions and personal preferences, including my own: Don't try to make it less about PvP than it is and has been for a long time.

"The thing I see going wrong with that one, now that I think more about it, is that if they market the game a certain way, attract people to the game a certain way, and then change it and stop focusing on what they've been focusing on right-along once they have "enough" they're going to completely alienate that playerbase once people get confused as to why they aren't being focused on anymore. Then old way of things will be the reputation the game has so new players will be seeing it for what it was instead of what it is -- especially if it gets the game more popular.

Suddenly you'll have the members saying "Why don't you care about what your playerbase wants?" and that will be what the majority of the playerbase wants, because those are the people they purposely drew to the game just to make money off of them. And then we'll have the new members who SV is suddenly trying to attract all confused and saying "The playerbase only want that, why should we join if we're going to be meeting so much opposition?"

It could end up hurting things more than it harms them if it's actually very effective. We'd get even less "sand" and bigger "PvP dominating PvE" issues.

On top of all that it seems kinda low to ask people interested in PvP to give you money for a game and market it as a game that they'll like and then flip it around to something else and stop focusing on PvP when that's what drew all that money to the game to begin with."
-- Tuhtram, https://www.starvault.se/mortalforums/threads/resource-gathering-and-its-yields.88043/post-1510228

Keurk

like the first was supposed to be
skill based, without safe zones, full loot.
trinkets? butchery? breeding ? walls? guards? yes , you get my point.

I agree, PvP should always be focus but PvE side of the game could use some love.
One thing to remember about hardcore PvP groups is that they also tend the most efficient at PvE because it's still going to be something you have to do in some form or another to supply gear.
So making the PvE side of the game more fun/interesting never hurts so long as the PvP side of the game doesn't suffer.

as an aside I really want methods to climb over walls 24/7.
as well as a Judgement Hour from LiF type of system for siege/building destruction.
Horse fences and foot anticav weapons would be fun too, I know I bring up LiF a lot and it's s dumpster fire of a game but there are some good things worth stealing from it

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
So making the PvE side of the game more fun/interesting never hurts so long as the PvP side of the game doesn't suffer.
Seems to me that a large segment (not the totality, but a majority) of the PvP side of the game has been for some time populated by players who would be disgruntled if PvE weren't some kind of punishment for those who aren't them. Satisfaction in being at least able to think that other players dread the loss of their (necessarily, hard) work is part of the payoff along with the murder-counts they earn. This is what folks of all stripes & spots are used to; not a good idea to change it all at once now.

Thus, though they might not admit it, many nominal PvPers today would suffer if (will suffer, when) their slaughters don't produce hypothetical tears. If you make PvE too much fun, there are fewer assumptions of tears, and those are
important.

But, yeah, PvE could be more interesting, or fun. Just as long as it isn't made respectable in a way that would impinge on the glories of battle (or what gets called 'battle', even though the outcome may never be in doubt).

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Let the ten or fifteen people who are using the VOIP function (everyone who does *not* turn it off and leave it off, right away) built into the game use their Discord, instead, when MO2 rolls around. It was a pretty cool idea, but how has it worked out?

All the reasons not to have voice chat inside Mortal Online still apply:

https://web.archive.org/web/2019041...ds/push-to-talk-on-mortal-online.95879/page-3

https://web.archive.org/web/2019041...ortalforums/threads/ingame-voice-chat.123721/

Face it, Star Vault: You *cannot* police it. Let the responsibility-without-control for what people say over what is ultimately one of *your* channels go past.

Face it, Star Vault: You *cannot* police it.
That is why it is so much fun, it is the best.
How could we have great moments like Diacule or crazy brooklyn guy without in game voice, or just the plain ol in game shit talk without it?
Insurgency had a mute current speaker key, not sure who came up with that idea but it is brilliant

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
How could we have great moments like Diacule or crazy brooklyn guy without in game voice, or just the plain ol in game shit talk without it?
Unless Diacule is banned from Discord (and he's not, is he? Not everywhere) then there you go, voice activation and all.

Anyway, your lack of problems with it is not the situation Star Vault faces. But don't worry; they will leave it in out of sheer inertia, most likely, and eventually suffer for it, I'm afraid. Maybe they'll skate by. You can hope.

Political offices, especially in Tindrem, and not just limited to 'magistrate', and with actual power and a reflection of the imperial hierarchy. You can have two classes of political office: one of empire and then one of the outside racial power groups, and the two can be in conflict.

Civilian clothes and rent able urban places.

Chariots, carts and wagons.

Boats and meaningful trade.

And dammit, eating a raw black creft or mitten crab is not the height of sophistication. It would be far more sophisticated to cook them in a meal with rare ingredients.

Also in MO2 I'd like my forum account to reflect my orange pants donation status for once.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
And dammit, eating a raw black creft or mitten crab is not the height of sophistication. It would be far more sophisticated to cook them in a meal with rare ingredients.
I could not agree more.

Your suggestion rates:
This Cake is great; it's so delicious & moist.

Thread starter #40
I only hope news about MO 2. I hope they implemented imperial throne room, and Tindrem as conquest location. if they make it guilds try conquest city for put emperor.
the emperor must be some advantajes as take tax all citizens and all comercial operations etc.. it would be very good for political shit and generate role and drama. i love it! the emperor would can designate some nobilan tittles with some advantages. For example if emperor desing you as lord of vadda, you will can take a tax for all comercial operation in vadda and received special armor or weapons as vadda lord etc.. i feel much ideas as posible.