Bring Back Arena Tindrem

Thread starter #1

Sarkhan

I understand there were problems with the older iteration of the Arena. But is it going to be opened anytime soon, or ever? It was a nice addition when it was being used for its purpose, and I personally enjoyed the Arena rankings and glory.

I've often wanted to host Arena fights in Tindrem for noobs but its closed, soo yeah can you give us the scoop SV? :(

just ban the people do doing portal shit, tired of shittys ruining this game for everyone

just ban the people do doing portal shit, tired of shittys ruining this game for everyone
You cant have 24/7 surveillence on the arena. But cant portal blockers solve this issue? Perhaps underground and indestructable.

I find myself growing more and more frustrated at sitting with ideas to solve certain problems in the game but being unable to do so.

arena is useless, I hope it never comes back

only a safezone for reds to run into

Things can be changed to prevent that from happening. Making it blue only is a simple solution. Reds have their Arena at Sausage Lake anyway.
And remove the bank with a warning after a couple weeks of having it outside, tired of camping reds with a free bank right there lol

99% people had use it to hide there, heal mounts etc
it was one of the worst place in mo

Thread starter #12

Sarkhan

In my mind the idea for a 'new' Arena Tindrem is that it cannot be abused to avoid PvP.

Entry into the Arena would only be possible by the interior entrance from Tindrem's Market District. Honestly that alone should solve the majority of the issues the Arena used to have.

Oh and no bank either, it never needed one anyway.

Also, the entire arena ground should be the area where the combat takes place, spectators should be on the seating areas above surrounding the arena like the old Roman colosseum. Put in stairs and multiple hallways for people to get up there and leave afterwards. Don’t know why they put the actual arena in a cage within the arena itself. Amenities like the arena bank should be placed at the arena garden area inside the city, I think.

If SV ever decides to re-open the arena, either in MO1 or recreate it in MO2, I hope they will take some design cues from the movie Gladiator at the turn of the century. Pay attention to the ambient lighting, background sounds like prisoner chains being ‘unlocked’ with a hammer, smoke effects, monuments, decorations and just the epic grandness of the whole place.

Last edited:

Keurk

i have tried so many times to suggest things to make this arena locked, reworked, tweaked, fixed. I ended up realising MO devs were completly unable to see the impact this arena was having on the game. The arena have been locked due to us in Rage as well as a few other players we were fighting arround september 2018. Many different abuse could be done. You could kill people and crawling hand their loots in unreachable places for the guards to kill you. You could etherportal, attack a guy, take your portal in and out, and repeat to kill people very fast. A few others stuffs could be abused in here, but ill not go further detailling this. We successfully and finally made developpers realise how fucked this place been since the begening.
The bank should have never been here. It was one of the dumbest thing added to this game, this and the gate mechanics that was in place for 2years or so.
fuck tindrem arena, it invalidated Necromancy scribing, it invalidated most pvp 1Km² arround tindrem, it fucked us all, and never accomplished its purpose. Never re open it again untill it is 100% fixed, working, and balanced for the game world. Don't even take the risk to please 5 players who beg for it to be re opened, while probably having no clues at all how it fucked the game

Last edited:
The arena should just follow the same flagging rules as everywhere else, the only difference here is that we get seats for good viewing and the feel of the old Roman colosseum gladiatorial combat.

Let the players control how things play out, and what consequences there would be if someone not involved in the combat went and took loot that don’t belong to them.

Let the players who are spectating and duelling take responsibility for their own belongings, leave whatever items they have in their inventory in the arena bank (that should have been its purpose, in my opinion).

Keep it simple, fix the glitches and bugs, and make the arena a place that people want to visit.

The arena should just follow the same flagging rules as everywhere else, the only difference here is that we get seats for good viewing and the feel of the old Roman colosseum gladiatorial combat.

Let the players control how things play out, and what consequences there would be if someone not involved in the combat went and took loot that don’t belong to them.

Let the players who are spectating and duelling take responsibility for their own belongings, leave whatever items they have in their inventory in the arena bank (that should have been its purpose, in my opinion).

Keep it simple, fix the glitches and bugs, and make the arena a place that people want to visit.
to many things concentrated in Tind.

there is arena in the middle of myrland. it doesnt work?

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
there is arena in the middle of myrland. it doesnt work?
Is that area used by anybody? Or empty since it came into the game?