Change riding to secondary skill.

Thread starter #1
Please. Put skills foot equal to skills mounted as fast as possible. Also make riding a secondary skill.

The game will become much more fun.

Speznat

yes please SV give us more opportunity to do stuff please.

i also hate it that my fighter cant gather rocks efficently i mena come on everyone can collect a huge bulk of rocks fast i dont get sv logic here, or atleast make 50mining secondary and the last 50 primary points, rework your skill system sv and make some skills have a base secondary value THX!

because that would allow players to do more variety of stuff instead of one simple thing.

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
You players are creepy sometimes!
What are you? Mind readers?

I actually worked on quite a few skill tree changes yesterday!

Now I need to check my computer for spyware...

Dalacor

In players defense, riding to secondary was asked for 73 times over the past 5 years so its not so creepy after all.

Yeonan

Trial Member

Is this one specifically happening?

Dont play games with our hearts

I actually worked on quite a few skill tree changes yesterday.
how does this kind of skill tree 'work' happen and get balanced? i.e. how can you be reasonably sure you're not simply swinging the pendulum the other way.

also as dalacor mentions, changing riding and mining (also woodcutting) to secondaries has been suggested ad nauseum in the past, how can you pretend these ideas are yours? <insert 'i made this' meme here>

-barcode

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
how does this kind of skill tree 'work' happen and get balanced? i.e. how can you be reasonably sure you're not simply swinging the pendulum the other way.

also as dalacor mentions, changing riding and mining (also woodcutting) to secondaries has been suggested ad nauseum in the past, how can you pretend these ideas are yours? <insert 'i made this' meme here>

-barcode
Hi barcode!

How can you pretend that I've said that every change I do is my idea? :D

Teknique

Cool man, awesome to hear.

Can you look into the trinket drop rate? Its like 1/100 at least if not lower and then you need to get a good roll so its double rng.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member

It's like you don't even know the cam is there.

(Don't worry. I'll never show any screen-caps.)

While you’re at it, Herius, please also change the base Armourcrafting (which only has a secondary Heavy Robe underneath it, followed by three primaries), and Athletics to secondary as well.

We armourcrafters know how hard it is to balance out what we need and want, having Armourcrafting as a primary is just unnecessary and a pain at this stage of the game where more and more primary skills have been added and we’re still stuck with 1100 primary points per character and maximum of four character slots. It shouldn’t be so difficult to craft the weakest armour which is essentially just dense clothing.

Now that every character looks like they’ve worked out extensively with six-packs and the lean muscles everywhere, surely the least you can do is enable them to run without being forced to use up primary points, unless they then decide to be a sprinter with the lung capacity to keep themselves going for long distances with Breathing Technique or Sprinting (either one of these two can be primary instead, but not both).

Last edited:

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
While you’re at it, Herius, please also change the base Armourcrafting (which only has a secondary Heavy Robe underneath it, followed by three primaries), and Athletics to secondary as well.

We armourcrafters know how hard it is to balance out what we need and want, having Armourcrafting as a primary is just unnecessary and a pain at this stage of the game where more and more primary skills have been added and we’re still stuck with 1100 primary points per character and maximum of three character slots. It shouldn’t be so difficult to craft the weakest armour which is essentially just dense clothing.

Now that every character looks like they’ve worked out extensively with six-packs and the lean muscles everywhere, surely the least you can do is enable them to run without being forced to use up primary points, unless they then decide to be a sprinter with the lung capacity to keep themselves going for long distances with Breathing Technique or Sprinting (either one of these two can be primary instead, but not both).
The changes made are currently being evaluated on the test server, exactly what these changes are will be revealed when the patch goes live.

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
@Herius Does the next patch already include the new starter island or will it be a fix patch with minor changes only? Ok, changing the skill tree would not be minor and it will be interesting to see if the primary Athletics will also change.

@Herius Does the next patch already include the new starter island or will it be a fix patch with minor changes only? Ok, changing the skill tree would not be minor and it will be interesting to see if the primary Athletics will also change.
No, noob island is next year

Wow theres forum activity. Oh hey a dev responded.

Sv pls talk to us more it would really keep players interested. Gloria and other games devs talk a lot keeps players hope up. MO has so much potential.

hope the skill tree changes are good. Theres a lot of work that could be done just to make life in mo easier with removal of useless skill trees, long timers, etc.

But any skill tree changes are good. MO needs to try and remove the time sinks and random limitations that can prevent players from being able to have fun (travel times, so many build limitations like riding, timers) while keeping the game MO.

Also this isnt going to happen, but I do think it could be a good idea to slightly simplify crafting so that items can have a identity in game so that they can be balanced and changed without having pre patch. Like make it require a skill to make a specific weapon, and after the req lores it doesnt get better. So that you can make the game know what weapon it is (cuz theres only max lore steel blademaster, and diff handle. So game could give each weapon an identity to be able to change them later. something like that). Would be extremely beneficial for ability to balance.

I like mo's crafting but it has some mega flaws. 1- you cant nerf stuff cuz theres prepatch. makes it harder to balance. A system where the game knows what the weapons are so they can be nerfed / buffed would be massive. Second, nubs should be able to make max low tier weapons. You shouldnt need 100 all lores to make a bone spear max stats. would buff nubs ability to craft.

Last edited:
The changes made are currently being evaluated on the test server, exactly what these changes are will be revealed when the patch goes live.
Finally an exciting change coming to the game..wish they had this change 3 years ago

Hopefully the skill tree changes aren't simply stupid pandering to stupid people.

Any skill that is available to unlock and use at 1 should not be touched. The difference in effectiveness between 1 and 100 can be changed without changing skill point distribution and diversity of builds. Make mining, riding, athlectics etc, better at 1 (if you must) and don't break interdependence even more, please.

How can you pretend that I've said that every change I do is my idea? :D
Fair enough, but I notice you didnt address the far more important question, how do you manage balance when making changes to skill trees?

and no you dont have to reveal the methods to me or any one else, but sweet jesus take some time and think about the changes you're making and how they can be subverted and abused. consider various playstyles and how they can abuse the changes to their advantage in ways you almost certainly havent considered before.

-barcode