Changelog - (Dawn Expansion) Version 1.50.00.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mauzi

Status King
Gotta disagree, BadMan. I doubt that the path you outlined would solve anything but trash the existing game and playerbase right away. Instead I think that such 'going back' would kill MO right away.

Surely the way SV does it is crappy by all means (speaking of software development with proper time and budget for planning), but they do what they can with their limited ways. And indeed I better not argue where the limitation is from 'cause that for sure is by far not only the budget... Despite all this, in the end the bugs I by now saw seem solvable and it's just a matter of time until Dawn is running smoothly.

Unless they f*ed up something serious, of course, so the fix would require a year again just like the last time until before Dawn. And while such would finish this attempt of creating this MMO right away, I have hoped that they'll need much less time.

Nevertheless, the current status of the released Dawn is worse than bad. Despite all the fancy fluff one can see, pretty much everything is broken in some way - I wonder what they called 'testing' the last two months, they for sure seem to have no clue what proper software testing is about. (Says someone who once was working in huge project's software QS.) Whatever - I am fine with this bullshit of a release if it gets on track within a week; but that's just me.

Lahuzer

Well this can´t come as a chock for anyone that´s played the game since BETA. Every patch has had bugs. Some bigger and badder then the other. Now they release this Godzilla-sized patch, and ofc it will have bugs. I was ready for it, and I´m not nearly as pissed as some here are. Let´s see what state the game is in within a week or two. Then we can bring out the chainsaw and go nuts. But give SV some time to sort it out and report bugs like crazy so they can fix em. And on that note, I wonder if it´s only up in north, that wisent and juton spawns has completely disapeared. Is this a bug, or is the north of Nave suppose to be without these animals now?

Hydras

Well this can´t come as a chock for anyone that´s played the game since BETA. Every patch has had bugs. Some bigger and badder then the other. Now they release this Godzilla-sized patch, and ofc it will have bugs. I was ready for it, and I´m not nearly as pissed as some here are. Let´s see what state the game is in within a week or two. Then we can bring out the chainsaw and go nuts. But give SV some time to sort it out and report bugs like crazy so they can fix em. And on that note, I wonder if it´s only up in north, that wisent and juton spawns has completely disapeared. Is this a bug, or is the north of Nave suppose to be without these animals now?
I wondered the same thing :)

Try to low your graphic details.

since the last patch i don't crash anymore. anyway, my cpu is from the N.A.S.A ,no worries about performances and my graphics details.
But it seems the game crash more without "Use DX10" enabled.
Well, i'm fine actually, and enjoy the game, even if i am Underweight and have statlosses xD

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
Gotta disagree, BadMan. I doubt that the path you outlined would solve anything but trash the existing game and playerbase right away. Instead I think that such 'going back' would kill MO right away.

Surely the way SV does it is crappy by all means (speaking of software development with proper time and budget for planning), but they do what they can with their limited ways. And indeed I better not argue where the limitation is from 'cause that for sure is by far not only the budget... Despite all this, in the end the bugs I by now saw seem solvable and it's just a matter of time until Dawn is running smoothly.

Unless they f*ed up something serious, of course, so the fix would require a year again just like the last time until before Dawn. And while such would finish this attempt of creating this MMO right away, I have hoped that they'll need much less time.

Nevertheless, the current status of the released Dawn is worse than bad. Despite all the fancy fluff one can see, pretty much everything is broken in some way - I wonder what they called 'testing' the last two months, they for sure seem to have no clue what proper software testing is about. (Says someone who once was working in huge project's software QS.) Whatever - I am fine with this bullshit of a release if it gets on track within a week; but that's just me.
Well one big thing they have and are still doing wrong about MO is they started out to have a grind free game which they had, and now its grind on grind and even more grind.

First it was extracting, then farming and then more and more features is getting more grindy and now with reserves, sleep, cooking and all that shit that just takes away game time from people that aint into cooking in a MMO.

Healing can make fights last forever, everything is getting more grindy and takes longer time to do.
Combat gets worse and worse ( i hope Dawns blocking will change this to some extent) farming gets retardedly fucked up for fighters who aint got an extractor and needs to go to town with that heavy carcass with 2 gold worth and might wait for hours until someone can buther it.

What this game needs is less grind, better combat, better farming, better extracting, better PvE, better everything.
And it needs to be less time consuming to do most of this shit.

Its suppost to make u be able to do what u want and be who u want, but with the current shit u just cant cause u need to do so much more to be able to do the thing u want to do, all this gets worse and worse with the current path SV is on, but they where once on the right path......

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
grind? the first cooker in my guild maxed his cooker in...less than an half day, only few hours. It's what you call Grind? ^^
Ok perhaps not cooking, but u get my point, to get any good mats u either need to grind extracting, farming or some shit like that.

Ok perhaps not cooking, but u get my point, to get any good mats u either need to grind extracting, farming or some shit like that.
...or buy them from other people and sell the finished item to buy more mats with some of the profit.

If you try to play all aspects of the game yourself to avoid interacting with an economy, you will find it to be a grind.

i got your point but i still think it is not "too much" grind!
i'm a pvp player so any action others than pvp seems little grind to me, but when i remember what is grind from my others mmo experiences, i find in MO the pleasure to up what i want / need without TOO MUCH grind :p

Ok update today.. but still chrash in loading screen :mad:
does it make sense to send the 'unreal-v680*.dmp' crashlog files, or are those useless for SV?
If yes, who wants them?

Well one big thing they have and are still doing wrong about MO is they started out to have a grind free game which they had, and now its grind on grind and even more grind.

First it was extracting, then farming and then more and more features is getting more grindy and now with reserves, sleep, cooking and all that shit that just takes away game time from people that aint into cooking in a MMO.

Healing can make fights last forever, everything is getting more grindy and takes longer time to do.
Combat gets worse and worse ( i hope Dawns blocking will change this to some extent) farming gets retardedly fucked up for fighters who aint got an extractor and needs to go to town with that heavy carcass with 2 gold worth and might wait for hours until someone can buther it.

What this game needs is less grind, better combat, better farming, better extracting, better PvE, better everything.
And it needs to be less time consuming to do most of this shit.

Its suppost to make u be able to do what u want and be who u want, but with the current shit u just cant cause u need to do so much more to be able to do the thing u want to do, all this gets worse and worse with the current path SV is on, but they where once on the right path......
I have to agree 100%

Truth is cooking and sleeping shouldn't affect too much the people who wanna fight but this happens due to luck of an existing economy and the low availability of the player-made stuff and also due to the fact that a lot of crafters aren't interested in selling stuff outside of their guild and due to the poor implementation of the systems.

carp3

Trial Member
I have to agree with TheBadMan... there is too much grind, plain and simple. We need value to be in recipes and secrets, not as much in the material itself (skills are fine), the way it is now, mostly only guilds will be getting finer items (since they dominate all the markets, they overcharge) so you will never see real innovation in recipes if genpop can't get their hands on materials, not to mention that genpop tends to contribute to things like a wiki, while guilds tend to keep everything underwraps, which just slows down progress for craftables as a whole. I think SV needs to seriously sit down with a fresh pair of eyes, and re-evaluate the poor peoples economy. I feel like all the empires are being built on the backs of slaves, and one day everyone's just going to say,"whelp, this isn't fun anymore."

Vendors are the only reliable source of gold... therefore until we have a much more sandy environment, with completely player based economy...we need artificial injection through price manipulation imho. My suggestion... bring vendor buy prices up to challenge player buy prices and implement the ability to sell more things to vendors. You can't maintain the controls system of a player based economy when that is not what we have yet without running into these kinds of problems.

tldr - wtbgold

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
I mean it was fine when we had unlimited nodes and could mine throught the night without loosing the axe to durability loss, but now its just plain stupid with the limited nodes where u can mine 2.5k and its depleted and the time it takes to even get steel, cronite and Ogh is just retarded, 100k rock to get around 1k steel !?!?! Either it should yield better in general or u shuld have MUCH larger nodes.

And they really need to fix the farming bit or get ALL humanoids drop armor and weapons to sell at a DECENT price so people can get moeny better. It was fine before buthery but now it just takes AGES to get gold for the most expensive shit.

Pancake Effct

I mean it was fine when we had unlimited nodes and could mine throught the night without loosing the axe to durability loss, but now its just plain stupid with the limited nodes where u can mine 2.5k and its depleted and the time it takes to even get steel, cronite and Ogh is just retarded, 100k rock to get around 1k steel !?!?! Either it should yield better in general or u shuld have MUCH larger nodes.

And they really need to fix the farming bit or get ALL humanoids drop armor and weapons to sell at a DECENT price so people can get moeny better. It was fine before buthery but now it just takes AGES to get gold for the most expensive shit.
I kind of agree with this. Back in beta "despite the lag and crashes" was some of my most favorite times. Maybe not as pretty, but there was hardly any grind, just fun. More user friendly I might add too.

Retepet

Either it should yield better in general or u shuld have MUCH larger nodes.
/this

It took one of our guys ~4 weeks of straight mining (and I mean straight mining, he did it like 20/7) in MK to get enough Tungsteel to max out his weaponsmith (~6.000 Tungsteel I think).
He was mining with 3 accounts, 2 characters had donkeys, so he did it quite effectiv. His extraction skills were pretty much maxed before he started.
Dont get me wrong, the grind isnt 'darkfallish', but it's coming close...

And its getting worse.
Now we have cooking/hunger/thirst/tiredness which will take a lot of our gaming-time... and even if there might be a few RP guys around here that find it cool to take care of their character, most ppl play this game for PvP and not to be a nanny for a virtual person.....

Somewhen we will see the heat/cold-system which again will be quite complex and time consuming... and some day we wont be able to play the game as we were promised: with total freedom.

Gameplay and fun > Realism and complexity ....

Mauzi

Status King
While I stronlgy dislike the thinking that MO is to be mostly about PvP, the current food system drains your reserves way too fast. You can't hunt more than once (at least with stamina draining bow) and fill up a packhorse before needing to sleep and eat again.

I'll not comment my current problems of feeding myself properly, 'cause cook training and finding useful recipes is still in progress. Meanwhile I can use Bean Stew from the NPC grocer, it works somewhat okay.

Yet, 'total freedom' doesn't mean you can play the game like you want. This includes e.g. being able to fight 24/7 without any exhaustion or while (much later) ignoring the weather system. If you'd call such freedom, I would think that living in a democracy (for reasons of social limits) or on earth (weather, must eat, etc?) must feel like jail or worse. I only agree that the needs to care for your character shouldn't be overdone - which must cater for the average target audience and not those who e.g. want to PvP only.

Retepet

Yet, 'total freedom' doesn't mean you can play the game like you want. This includes e.g. being able to fight 24/7 without any exhaustion or while (much later) ignoring the weather system. If you'd call such freedom, I would think that living in a democracy (for reasons of social limits) or on earth (weather, must eat, etc?) must feel like jail or worse. I only agree that the needs to care for your character shouldn't be overdone - which must cater for the average target audience and not those who e.g. want to PvP only.
Are you comparing a game with real life here ? Really ?
"freedom" in RL and "freedom" in games are quite different things.
While I COULD play a game just the way I want (if the frameworks allows it), it's common sense that I will NEVER be able to do so in real life.

And that's the point... I'm not playing games to face the same problems there as I do in real life.
I'm not playing a game because I like to sleep and eat.
I'm playing games because they give me the opportunity to do things I'll never be able to do in real life... like riding around on a horse slaying everything that moves, hunting gigantic monsters, finding treasures etc...

What I want is a framework, a sandbox, call it how you please, that allowes me to: eat and drink when I want to, fight when I want to, explore when I want to, tame and train animals when I want to, sleep, sit and rest when I want to, mine, chop and craft when I want to.....

But atm it's not me, it's the mechanics that wants/forces me to do things.
And the more mechanics force you to do certain actions, the less of a sandbox feeling comes up imo ...

Status
Not open for further replies.