Changelog - (Dawn Expansion) Version 1.50.00.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
You missed the patch note were it states that you opened Tindrem.

Sindas

Horse Breeding. Okay well that gives limited fun only to people who are tamers.

We have to eat and sleep now. Gives only limited fun to cooks. It's cool but now it's just one more thing to grind away at for us players. It's not like we have anything cool like taverns or anything to drink/eat at for the cooks. Or roaming guard system to protect those taverns out there if implemented etc.

And we got a task/mail system. That is great news. But again that is a core feature for any game, not really any expansion. Bug fixes are nice, but that's just make up patches for the past few months, not a expansion.

So pretty much the only thing the "expansion," expands on is the task/mail system. Which is really a core feature, not expansion. But it's all good for the economy.

Cooking and Breeding is the only things worthy of being called a expansion. But if you already have 3 characters rolled out and maxed, what the heck does this offer us???? We can explore a few new shiny place I guess, that will give me a few weeks to look at some things I guess at most.......

I hate being ungrateful, I really do. But I dunno. Most of us having 3 slots already can't take advantage of most of these features to have fun with them. Reminds me of fishing lol. I think they should of spent time on the AI/Roaming guards/UI/Banking between characters/Tindrem etc*. Now that would be amazing. You have to lay a good foundation before putting up the building.....
First, breeding isn't until after Dawn. This expansion has the gene system.

You're also ignoring a ton of features, like gathering, herbology, cooking, eat/drink, sleep, reserves, tons of new skills, new areas, and many other things you are not including in your "review".

- Mail system.
The new mail system allows players to send a package to any player; the sender may also request a payment for it. Each package charges a “postal” service fee for the players. This helps players to send/trade things between each and other without having to be online at the same time.

Does anyone think this sounds exactly like the mail system from Rift or WoW. It didn't mention that players will have to actually deliver the packages instead of magically appearing in your mail box.

Hew

"It doesnt matter how much storage houses have, they are still completely useless empty shells that cant even be accessed by their owners characters."

What do you mean exactly by this, im looking at getting a house, do you mean that you cant use the house with other characters? It seems unlikely to me.

Pancake Effct

First, breeding isn't until after Dawn. This expansion has the gene system.

You're also ignoring a ton of features, like gathering, herbology, cooking, eat/drink, sleep, reserves, tons of new skills, new areas, and many other things you are not including in your "review".
But what does this bring to the player who already has 3 maxed out characters, besides exploring a few new areas and eat and drink? That was just kind of the point of the longer post I made above. Don't get my wrong, I'm currently subbed, I was just hoping for a different direction personally. It just doesn't seem like I'm getting much more to do, unless I re-sub my second account, which I'm not going to do again :\

Only people complaining are those who didn't read the notes very well :p

Houses are getting a new chest per tier (3 chests at tier 3) and theirs bank buildings AND storage modules now..
u so silly i wanted guild banks "Bank" being the key word in my crying

But what does this bring to the player who already has 3 maxed out characters, besides exploring a few new areas and eat and drink? That was just kind of the point of the longer post I made above. Don't get my wrong, I'm currently subbed, I was just hoping for a different direction personally. It just doesn't seem like I'm getting much more to do, unless I re-sub my second account, which I'm not going to do again :\
Wow really? You whine beacuse u have 3 chars and dont want to reroll? What did u want? So all the new skills are secondary? Or is it just that u just want stuff that u like? Really start thinking alittle.

Sindas

u so silly i wanted guild banks "Bank" being the key word in my crying
You are complaining because they worded it "storage" instead of "bank" in the notes, even though the guild bank building itself is called Bank? I don't get it.

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
Yesterday we hoped for patch notes to the first birthday of MO. Here they are! Thanks, SV, and lets pray for a patch without game breaking bugs and with lots of new functions to test. Especially guild system, house stuff, cooking and mail/task system for a growing economy.

deathshroud

Exalted Member
No mention of
New changes to equipment and how armour works along with armour skills
100s of new skill mentioned for dawn no real info on most of those
graveyards and new mobs no real info on those either :(

rest is of course great news but there are many many tweaks needed for MO. Such as changing up the statloss/murdercount system, changing how blocking works. Adding magic resistance skills etc etc that would improve the current gameplay in MO.

edit- that tailer does look amazing, those graphical changes really have made a difference and the jungle looks brilliant just hope we now have a reason to go adventure there now.

In the video bows are really fast. Wondering if they have increased the speed off them :D

Darran

That doesnt say anything about the heavy armor skill?

lionlol

It doesnt matter how much storage houses have, they are still completely useless empty shells that cant even be accessed by their owners characters.
Have you ever played the game? As far as I am aware as long as the chest and door are unlocked in a house anyone can use the chest, furnace, stable or w/e. Unless they changed something since the last time I have played or there is a major bug. The new list will now make it possible to do these things without a flag penalty simple as that.

Sindas

This note may not be final.
I also do not think they are going to go into detail about everything they added.. I doubt they will go any further than they did, by saying "new skills added".

Status
Not open for further replies.