Changelog - (Dawn Expansion) Version 1.50.00.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunshiner

weeell sounds amazing to me.
-on question though, will that friend list go for palisade gates too? dont wanna build my house if i cant access it.

The only two bugs I cared about were not addressed:

Invisible weapons from switching between bows and melee. Confirmed in the bug tracker and been in game for ~8 months.

Sniper bows where having massively too low strength to pull something ends up causing ridiculous amounts of damage, while you do half normal damage if a bow is just slightly too difficult to pull. Confirmed in the bug tracker many months ago... The early beta 'this bow is too strong for you' check made this bug impossible until they took it out.

Those two bugs and the thing I hate the most in game:

Ghost scouting... it makes real scouts pointless when you can have risk free scouts that have perfect stealth. Bring back the importance of real scouts and provide some counter to spying ghosts.

Not asking for much here but if I can't see two old bugs from the tracker fixed, and some kind of balance for a truly awful game mechanic... the new 'content' won't be enough to entice me.

Sindas

They have said in the past that they do not list every single bug that they fix.

Some things may be missing, and other things are purposely listed with little detail. Much will have to be discovered by the players..

You mean like the fact that Tindrem is open in the Dawn expansion?

They have said in the past that they do not list every single bug that they fix.
That's fair enough, but if they are wise they _will_ list bugs that result in completely game breaking behavior like an invisible sword or a bow that does 120+ damage that Henrik said should not exist. I guess I will have to wait for people to manually verify the bugs after it is released and post them, but they could get my sub a lot quicker if they displayed some thoroughness with what they actually fixed in the notes.

Mauzi

Status King
Guess that's not too shabby for a patch note (why isn't is called expansion patch note, afterall?!). Time to see if it's worth getting called an expansion. Whenever we get it.

Also I noticed that Dawn is called MO 1.5 now - while Henrik recently announced we'd be getting an MO 2.0 with Dawn. Something got cut off here ?

weeell sounds amazing to me.
-on question though, will that friend list go for palisade gates too? dont wanna build my house if i cant access it.
Nope, as Henrik stated somewhere that's not feasable right now.

Coors916

It doesnt matter how much storage houses have, they are still completely useless empty shells that cant even be accessed by their owners characters.
I think it is pretty clearly spelled out here, below.

2011-06-09

------ ADDITIONS AND CHANGES ------

General:

- House friend system.

Each house owner will have the option to add friends to his house. This friend will not be trespassing inside of the house anymore when accepted by the house owner. They will also be able to sleep and log out safely in the house. This system also adds better security of our player houses. If the doors are closed and locked, no other player will be able to enter the house. A player who sneaked in the house will not be able to log out inside of the house.
I know they haven't listed all bug fixes, but I hope the OH swing fatal error has been included. Actually, I would assume it will be due to those types of hotkey skills being grouped into the one location?

Nice work SV, I hope this is a sign that it will allow further development on a more frequent basis now.

Zeeraha

What about trading tools, will it make it into Dawn first release?

Amelia

I have a pc with very low specs.

dual core duo 2.13ghz
windows xp 3gb ram
gc nvidia 1gb ram

This patch will require a computer more powerful?

Ty

Thread starter #52

Henrik Nystrom

CEO
Staff member
I have a pc with very low specs.

dual core duo 2.13ghz
windows xp 3gb ram
gc nvidia 1gb ram

This patch will require a computer more powerful?

Ty
The requirement have not gone up, pretty much the opposite, since we made some optimization overall.

There is storage buildings to houses.. its in the note..
what i think he means is: You can decide that an account already has a house attached to it. Why can't you actually attach the house TO the account? All character be able to access, make keys, change the friend list, everything. Or: Make it so each character can own a house. I think it's totally worth it, the cost of account storage is the price of the house. Like a true reward.

All in all, looks good. I hope they were very liberal with that terrain smoothing tool. I also told everyone to expect the mc reset. It's too big of a change to not "allow" one, imo. Especially, considering the current arbitrary murdercount system was not what was intended.

PoeX

Silver Supporter
Thank you Henrik and SV for this. Good job, mates.

This sounds good and from looking at the screenshots and videos, I'm excited about getting my hands on Dawn.

Im at work right now, so I can't see if Dawn's live or not, is it?
If not, when can we expect it to go live?

Thank you.

// PoeX

The requirement have not gone up, pretty much the opposite, since we made some optimization overall.
I'm really glad to hear this, I was afraid of could'nt play anymore until I buy a new graphics card.

Which I don't like is the new mail system, you can transfer goods without any risk? I don't like this at all...

Tizio

Focus Group
I'm really glad to hear this, I was afraid of could'nt play anymore until I buy a new graphics card.

Which I don't like is the new mail system, you can transfer goods without any risk? I don't like this at all...
no lol, I'm sue it's not working so.

Lithius V.

Nice, but seriously... it's been 1-year since release and we are still missing the capital city of Nave, Tindrem ?!

It's like WoW without Stormwind City, or Ultima Online without Britain. It's awkward.

My fave addition is Tasks. That is a serious game maker, if done properly. Very nice.

Now time for PVE AI improvements, go go go !

I'm getting that funny itch I usually get just before I decide to sub again. But, i've learnt my lesson and will wait till AFTER patching to re-sub and play.

EDIT: Henrik - Is dropable items still on the cards ? Or have you ditched the idea ?

Lets see if it works ;)

We have also been preparing a new section on the Mortal site where you will be able to see real-time status updates of wars, territories, guilds and characters in the game. The first iteration of this section will go online any day now so more information will follow shortly. Displaying information about your character will of course be optional.

When will we see this?

Strates

<font color="#570054"> Arena Champion </font>
Handle hitbox and left swing on poleaxes are a silent fix then, i assume? Or should i rather assume, knowing SV, that is is indeed not fixed in Dawn? Don't make me sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.