Chicken Spirit Event

Thread starter #1

Discord for the event: https://discord.gg/mpu6dAH

For those who don't know when you attempt to summon a spirit on a chicken it summons a gigantic spirit boss thats like the size of a keep and has more orbs than you can count. Generally the harder the creature you cast transcendental seance the more orbs it has and the more orbs a spirit has the more spirit boxes it can fill and the higher chance for it to drop chaotic melds. I have never heard of anyone doing a serious attempt on this and certainly no one has killed it.

If we can amass enough spiritists it may be possible to kill.

I would like to get as many people as possible to try to kill it, preferably spiritists but any character with a reasonable amount of mana is welcome, even f2ps can channel on the orbs and can help to spread out the drain caused by the spirits orbs.

Even if you have never farmed spirits before you can be very useful in this.

I would like to do the event next saturday during NA primetime, though whatever date and time people want we can attempt it. Location will be decided at a later date but will be somewhere central. I can provide spirit boxes for people that might need them.

We will need as many people as possible anyone from any guild is welcome to come.

It is very possible it will kill us all instantly.
It is very possible it wont drop anything useful.

Feel free to join the discord and spread the word. If you have any information or ideas that might help feel free to post them here or in the discord.

Thread starter #2
Maybe @Herius or @Sebastian Persson can confirm or deny if this thing is even killable or if it drops anything useful. If it doesn't maybe we could get it fixed in the next patch.

Trismagi

Maybe @Herius or @Sebastian Persson can confirm or deny if this thing is even killable or if it drops anything useful. If it doesn't maybe we could get it fixed in the next patch.
I doubt they would tell you but I bet they don't know if it's killable either :)
I'm sure they know if it has a chance to drop something cool and what but no way they would tell us that either

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Hey what was the result here?? Did you post any videos?

Thread starter #12
My planning for a real attempt was interrupted by a civil war.
The attempt we had did not go well, not enough spiritists, we were all banished very quickly. Not sure its even possible with the change to how long spirits stay spawned and I doubt. If we could get a confirmation from @Herius or @Sebastian Persson its even possible or if anything cool would happen if we did do it we might see more interest.

I mean they're super into us figuring everything out for ourselves, I'd be surprised if they dropped a hint like that. At the same time, as a programmer and a DM myself, hiding that kind of encounter in the world in such a way (a heckin chicken??) is way too much work and far too specific to be just for the lulz. I'd put money on there being a pretty decent drop! Besides, even if there wasn't, nobody has beaten this before, right? Even with no drop, being the first to defeat the damn thing is a historical achievement! Worth it no matter what way ya look at it; this is gonna be super fun!