Cooking for the Masses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
when did this change someone mailed me my head stew just a day ago
Some time between Jun 6, 2013, when I posted it (when it was accurate) and now, over a year later.

It was only a matter of time. I was prepared to fly to Sweden and camp in Henrik's office with my lament over it, pausing only to send out for fresh handkerchiefs, until he made sure it was changed back*.

* This is sheer hyperbole. But thank you, Henrik.

albanjoo

Hey golgotha, amazing guide dude! Wanted to ask about the shrinking food, im planing to make one, recently a friend told me u can do like 36oil with 100 gamun. So i want to test it in a oghmir char, have u ever tryed an oghmir? and could you lower the size under the low cap? :)

Thread starter #264

Golgotha

Well, if you are going for shrinking strength in the mix than you want to make a decoction. You can use a 9water/1oil ratio for the strongest mix in a decoc. You will currently make a soup with your ratios. The level of shrink power will be lower in a soup.

As for size caps. Yes I have tested this. You cannot go above or below your caps. THOUGH, I do want to add in this... when you make your character max, or min height... it isnt actually the minimum, or max. The amount shown will not change, but the micro number that we dont get to see (which when moved enough intervals we see a visable change in our size.. like decimal places.. ).

In doing this I made a character who was taller than the starter 216, though only shows 216 still. He is decimals taller. I know this due to having him unable to go through areas my other 216 can go through (He cannot even go to the second floor of a house, bumps his head on the way up).

I did the same with shrink, and found a few places where I could get through that my other min size (matching char) couldnt.

It isnt overly noticed, wont change you dmg base or show anything on your char sheet... but you can move some decimal places above and below where you start as "max and min" height.

Notime

Oghmium Supporter
Hey golgotha, amazing guide dude! Wanted to ask about the shrinking food, im planing to make one, recently a friend told me u can do like 36oil with 100 gamun. So i want to test it in a oghmir char, have u ever tryed an oghmir? and could you lower the size under the low cap? :)
So your friend told you, you get 36 oil out of 100 gamun?(if not I misinterperted it). But no. He forgot 1 extraction step.
100 gamun --> 20 gamun seeds, and 100 gamun seeds --> 36 gamun oil. So you need 500 gamun for 36 oil.

Thread starter #266

Golgotha

So your friend told you, you get 36 oil out of 100 gamun?(if not I misinterperted it). But no. He forgot 1 extraction step.
100 gamun --> 20 gamun seeds, and 100 gamun seeds --> 36 gamun oil. So you need 500 gamun for 36 oil.
OOh.. I misread. Listen to Notime... he seemed to pay a bit more attention than I did.

albanjoo

Ok thnks a lot guys, very helpfull. Btw how much height can u go down from the min size at char creation? Trying to see if i can get some extra att points, and maybe reducing even more the hitbox of the char. Oh, and i guess u cant get att points if u go under the min limit,(and by limit i mean the creation lower size), can you?

Notime

Oghmium Supporter
Ok thnks a lot guys, very helpfull. Btw how much height can u go down from the min size at char creation? Trying to see if i can get some extra att points, and maybe reducing even more the hitbox of the char. Oh, and i guess u cant get att points if u go under the min limit,(and by limit i mean the creation lower size), can you?
Nah, like galgotha said before, its a decimal number, so if your minimum height is 160, you'll get to 150.6(or something like that) which is noticable on your character itself, but not with stats. It would also take 2 cm for 1 attribute point.

albanjoo

Btw guys, have u tested shrink/growth food on pets? ive heard it works. but it only changes size? how about weight or str?

I have to ask one hundred tanks to this genorosity posting this guide.

Malathion

Oghmium Supporter
Without reading through the walls of text here.
Can someone share one of the better recipes for
-health (ambrosial)
-stam (using rye flower)
Thanks!

Unatural

Without reading through the walls of text here.
Can someone share one of the better recipes for
-health (ambrosial)
-stam (using rye flower)
Thanks!

HP food, Cook pig meat.

Stam Food Cook Flour

High soph HP food Urial & Cream and fruit juices Using campfire and Fermentation jar

High Soph Stam Food Oak Flour & Fruit Juices Or Cream. Using Campfire and Fermentation jar.

Iv done the hard part. you can work the numbers

Why do people even care about soph?

Titles, and it shows that you're not a barbarian.
Titles, sure, but you can't even see how much soph a person has unless you check their chronicles page and they don't have the stats hidden.

Thread starter #277

Golgotha

Titles, sure, but you can't even see how much soph a person has unless you check their chronicles page and they don't have the stats hidden.
Which is why you have titles in game (though I have stated many times in other threads about needing to see all your statistics from chronicles in game).

Only a pleb can't flash a soph title to show he isnt eating mud.

Malathion

Oghmium Supporter
HP food, Cook pig meat.

Stam Food Cook Flour

High soph HP food Urial & Cream and fruit juices Using campfire and Fermentation jar

High Soph Stam Food Oak Flour & Fruit Juices Or Cream. Using Campfire and Fermentation jar.

Iv done the hard part. you can work the numbers
Is the high soph stam / health better then plain meat and flour/
looking for something better

Unatural

Is the high soph stam / health better then plain meat and flour/
looking for something better

Figure it out :) you can use Pig and cream in the fermentation jar as a tester, urial is mainly a soph modifier

Status
Not open for further replies.