Cooking for the Masses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #281

Golgotha

I dont even use pig or urial in my Health foods. I used to use urial as a mod to my main meat, but found other mats which made up for, and more, than what urial did.

EDIT: As well, the HN and soph are much higher than ambro pig.

Unatural

I dont even use pig or urial in my Health foods. I used to use urial as a mod to my main meat, but found other mats which made up for, and more, than what urial did.

EDIT: As well, the HN and soph are much higher than ambro pig.

im telling them basic recipes, if people like your self would like to show the more elaborate ones then by all means please share.

Thread starter #284

Golgotha

Im pretty sure in the OP I talk about modifying stats of foods, and possible materials to do so in said tasks. Im sure I even list your recipes (or equivilant) in the OP as well...

As for more elaborate, find higher soph meats and modify them with HN additives (oils, small injections of high soph meats, etc) and proper cooking tools (not a fermentor for meats.. use the steamer). But I do think this is also all in the OP.

Ah this post made its way to sticky heaven.

I wonder why it died.

Thread starter #286

Golgotha

So, not sure yet if it will need amendment, but I have been playing with growth and shrinking foods recently, and now I have a Thur/Kall with a higher than normal Damage bonus, and height. He has stayed this way for some time now...

27%.jpg

I have waited a few to see if the stats reset, but thus far he is just a bigger guy it seems. I knew he had gained height (though numerically it didnt show above 261) awhile back due to certain places he had gotten stuck where previously he had not (he could not go up any stairs in a house, when a normal 216 guy can go up the stairs, but cannot use upper floor doors... he had lost the ability to go upstairs at all). Then this evening he actually gained the height to 217.

I had been changing the recipe around a bit, to see if there was more to it than originally put out.

Nothing overly huge, just a contridiction to what I had previously thought about NOT being able to go above or below racial Min and Max. As of right now it appears I was wrong.

alahadi

So, not sure yet if it will need amendment, but I have been playing with growth and shrinking foods recently, and now I have a Thur/Kall with a higher than normal Damage bonus, and height. He has stayed this way for some time now...

View attachment 10296

I have waited a few to see if the stats reset, but thus far he is just a bigger guy it seems. I knew he had gained height (though numerically it didnt show above 261) awhile back due to certain places he had gotten stuck where previously he had not (he could not go up any stairs in a house, when a normal 216 guy can go up the stairs, but cannot use upper floor doors... he had lost the ability to go upstairs at all). Then this evening he actually gained the height to 217.

I had been changing the recipe around a bit, to see if there was more to it than originally put out.

Nothing overly huge, just a contridiction to what I had previously thought about NOT being able to go above or below racial Min and Max. As of right now it appears I was wrong.

I wanna buy whatever you fed him to get over 216!

I didn't bother reading much, I just skimmed over the build, but there are 15 primary skills. Is this all supposed to fit into one character?

Notime

Oghmium Supporter
I didn't bother reading much, I just skimmed over the build, but there are 15 primary skills. Is this all supposed to fit into one character?
Nah for example you dont need alchemy, alchemical dissolvements, not sure if zoology is secondary but dont really need that one and no petrology.

Ah I see, what about all the extraction skills? Also what could alchemy and the dissolvements do for a cook?

Thread starter #292

Golgotha

Ah I see, what about all the extraction skills? Also what could alchemy and the dissolvements do for a cook?
Dissolvants can be used as fuels in Smoked and Spit cooked items.

I see.. So what about the extraction skills such as Milling, Herbologium, and Herbalism? Assuming those can be done on a different character?

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
I see.. So what about the extraction skills such as Milling, Herbologium, and Herbalism? Assuming those can be done on a different character?
Yes, you need those skills to prepare all materials to be used in your food, e.g. press fruits to juice or extract herbs and later get oil. This us usually done with an alchemist build.

Yes, you need those skills to prepare all materials to be used in your food, e.g. press fruits to juice or extract herbs and later get oil. This us usually done with an alchemist build.
Oh, thats pretty cool. Thanks :)

Soo on my butcher, I'm trying to be Butcher/Cook with full lores and cooking tools and have an alchemist with rest of skills needed, but on my butcher I can get either Dairy Product Lores or Arthropoda and Athropod produce. Which is better to get for a cook. Wish i could fit both in

Thread starter #298

Golgotha

Dairy Products is a very useful skill for a cook making food for reserve gain (most all food is for reserve gain, and cream is the best liquid base to use for most Health Nourishment and Stam Nourishment foods).
Arthopoda Produce is more specialized uses.

Thread starter #300

Golgotha

I see, specialized how? Like for sophistication etc?
Or Named recipe crafting, and Honey has a natural HoT to it... as well adding honey has some nice effects on alcohol crafting.

Status
Not open for further replies.