Cooking for the Masses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Najwalaylah

Honored Member
Correct. You need a heat source, that is all. Kiln, campfire, blast furnace...
Apparently, the Natorus might be a heat source for cooking, if it's not lying. Again.

I've been wanting to know how to make dumplings, thanks for the guide.

StrongMad

Does advanced cooking make the food better or only allow you more slots (which is currently bugged)?

Thread starter #45

Golgotha

Does advanced cooking make the food better or only allow you more slots (which is currently bugged)?
You can create ambrosial food without having advanced cooking.

So this either means two things:
It has no effect, or
The highest of normal cooking value is ambrosial, and the highest of advanced is ambrosial, so if there is an improvement, it all falls within the range of ambrosial (and I guess that depends on the range in which ambrosial will cover).

Necromantic

There are things that get better with advanced cooking because they don't get ambrosial that fast, just not anything that anyone is usually working with. Either way the general quality of the results from normal secondary cooking need to be reduced and boosted with advanced cooking.

Thread starter #47

Golgotha

On that then, there are things that never reach ambrosial as well.. even with all skills maxed. I did not overly equate this to just advanced cooking, though. Moreso the type of food item it is, when cooked in conjunction with certain tools. As in: certain foods just naturally got better results from certain types of preparation.. and other foods will never be at as good of a level (in the same cooking method) no matter how good of a cook you are.

realnaste

Honored Member
Can I ask a stupid question?
Why?
Why should I leave the easy to get by ambrosial pig?
What makes it so worth it to do something more than get that ingredient that just stumbles around next to your area, and "cook it" without the need for anything apart the said ingredient?
Why even think of sophistication?

Never the less- a 5 star thread.

If no one can convince me it would be a proper gamechanger I will only be reminded that all that is the strongest point of MO has just been wasted by SV through lack of backbone.

Thread starter #49

Golgotha

You shouldnt, if you dont want to. You dont have to. Ambro raw pig and Salutary raw rye will get you by just fine.

There is MUCH better food out there (and easy food too), and you will gain soph. Right now soph does nothing, one day it wont though (SV??). Or has been said that there will be more to soph than just a number.

As well there is the RP side of it. There is a HUGE amount of named recipes to find. They effect reserves in their own unique ways too.

And, you could also make a midget dexmage like me. FU mouted guys! Or the monster hulk at 225 cm height. Meh.

EDIT: I must strike this from the reasonings to go below or above min and max, since thus far has not been shown as possible. It is only rumoured right now. I have not been able to drop my guy below minimum thus far (and have been trying). Though as I had earlier thought it could be related to how close you already are to the min / max... or maybe you cannot go below / above.

Thread starter #51

Golgotha

So far in my testings, I have NOT been able to shrink below minimum height. I have tried much food that has cause shrinkage in my ThurKhur, and it has proved to be ineffective against a guy who is at the minimum for his race. He has eaten WAY more than my guy who did shrink.

Possible issues could be the amount of food needed when at max height vs lowest height. Will not be an update in this for some time, as I am not actively pursuing it. I thought I would just let people know that I dont believe you can go outside your racial max/min currently.

Please prove me wrong?

Same goes for growth food, i have refined mine to make it stronger, it appears you cant go above cap!

Either that or you need really STRONG food

Mordon

Gold Supporter
is cooking the new fishing as we cant fish now come on starvalt fix fishing

Thread starter #54

Golgotha

is cooking the new fishing as we cant fish now come on starvalt fix fishing
How is fishing broken? They fixed the 11x weight bug (those specific fish now weigh 2x normal) I fish daily and am confused...

Prag

I believe aged 22/23 Veela Veela's get to 162cm at character creation although 161 is their supposed minimum, would you be able to test whether shrink food on a Veela Veela reclaims 1 extra attribute point?

Thread starter #57

Golgotha

I believe aged 22/23 Veela Veela's get to 162cm at character creation although 161 is their supposed minimum, would you be able to test whether shrink food on a Veela Veela reclaims 1 extra attribute point?
This is what I have been trying on. I cannot get it to the 161...

kenvic1

Gold Supporter
can i buy some shrinking food please, i need for my butcher,will pay well

Status
Not open for further replies.