Cooking for the Masses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xhodan Xeus

So, in prepping some food for sale at the Meduli Market, I did an ingredient switch while attempting to make my 98% soph food (as you can see by the name of the food)... but instead came up with a 100%+ soph food :).

This is with advanced cooking not working either. We only get 7 of the slots still SV. How come I cannot use all 14 ingredients yet??
i know i askd you a few months back
so im ganna ask and try again selling soph food now?

This is with advanced cooking not working either. We only get 7 of the slots still SV. How come I cannot use all 14 ingredients yet??

Wouldn't really matter though, I doubt that sophistication food uses more then one juice/liquid and one oil.

Thread starter #104

Golgotha

I still use that one for my extraction totals :)
i know i askd you a few months back
so im ganna ask and try again selling soph food now?
Ill have something set up here right away. Inet was down all day yesterday mostly so I was put behind... but I am opening up a bunch of stuff to the Meduli Market here.
Wouldn't really matter though, I doubt that sophistication food uses more then one juice/liquid and one oil.
Uhh... hmm.

I was wondering about the foods with special effects, like size increase and decrease.

Do you need advanced cooking, full material lores, or any skills to see that the food has these effects? Can a F2P make this food?

A F2P can't learn Herbology, so they cannot process Gamun or Salvia to get carpels and oil because you must know Herbology to run them through any appliance. If they were to obtain the extracts, though, could they make these size foods, for example?

Thread starter #106

Golgotha

I was wondering about the foods with special effects, like size increase and decrease.

Do you need advanced cooking, full material lores, or any skills to see that the food has these effects? Can a F2P make this food?

A F2P can't learn Herbology, so they cannot process Gamun or Salvia to get carpels and oil because you must know Herbology to run them through any appliance. If they were to obtain the extracts, though, could they make these size foods, for example?
To see that it has an effect? No you dont need any special skills. To see what % it is on the bar though I assume you would need taste ID to narrow it down.

As a lower skilled char you could make the food, it just would not be as potent.

Yeah, I'm wondering with 60 cooking, no advanced cooking, 60 cooking pot, and no Herbology if the recipe you provide would be potent enough to get the effect at all.

Xhodan Xeus

I still use that one for my extraction totals :)

Ill have something set up here right away. Inet was down all day yesterday mostly so I was put behind... but I am opening up a bunch of stuff to the Meduli Market here.

Uhh... hmm.
awsome let me know asap want to buy some soph food

Thread starter #109

Golgotha

awsome let me know asap want to buy some soph food
The soph food is made (85%, 90%, 95%, 98% and some 100%), the growth and shrink foods are ready. While playing with stam food, I was getting some up to a SRG of 96 (Salutary raw rye is 79) and was seeing if I could find a cheaper way of making it. I have a bunch of 93 SRG Stam food ready that does not have negative soph like sal raw rye does. Takes forever to grind up and press all those damn materials though. My night passes with so little done... Still have some health food to get in there too... I have a 40HRG recipe, but it is costly (Ambro Raw pig has 29 HRG) so Im going to see where I can get things for a more reasonable price while being sure to stay above negative soph... Im going to have to get the sales started here before everything is finished though I do believe.

My plan is to load up the Meduli Trade broker full with smaller batches, like 1k stacks not 10k on multiple characters....and not sell large amounts to single people on the forums.... focus on the broker and get Meduli some tourism! Though Im sure many won't care.

Xhodan Xeus

The soph food is made (85%, 90%, 95%, 98% and some 100%), the growth and shrink foods are ready. While playing with stam food, I was getting some up to a SRG of 96 (Salutary raw rye is 79) and was seeing if I could find a cheaper way of making it. I have a bunch of 93 SRG Stam food ready that does not have negative soph like sal raw rye does. Takes forever to grind up and press all those damn materials though. My night passes with so little done... Still have some health food to get in there too... I have a 40HRG recipe, but it is costly (Ambro Raw pig has 29 HRG) so Im going to see where I can get things for a more reasonable price while being sure to stay above negative soph... Im going to have to get the sales started here before everything is finished though I do believe.

My plan is to load up the Meduli Trade broker full with smaller batches, like 1k stacks not 10k on multiple characters....and not sell large amounts to single people on the forums.... focus on the broker and get Meduli some tourism! Though Im sure many won't care.
lol sounds good im always happy to see lots of people in Meduli
i guess i have to buy the trader stocker empty than haha

I'm interested in learning about food and being "Stocking" materials from all around Myrland from some time. I do have all extraction skills and was thinking on selling all kinds of juices and flours.
Would you be interested in supply agreements Golgotha?

Thread starter #112

Golgotha

Im always in need of more suppliers! We can continue conversations in PMs to discuss items, pricing and amounts ;)

This thread is amazing! I had a specific question.

Don't worry about why, lol. What primaries do i need to only smoke my fish and brew my own beer?
My guess is -
Adv. Cooking
Adv. Cooking Tools
Animal Materials
Flesh Lore (i don't think i'd NEED anything else under animal mats for just fish?)
Ore Extraction Appliances (to use the grinder on all my grains)
Butchery
Butchery Appliances
Botony

Am i missing anything? Should i have Zoology - Pisces?
Do i need milling?
It said in the main post -
  • Meat and Carcass – From either flesh lore (for the meats), or Zoology (for cooking whole animal and fish)
So if i use whole fish i should have the Zoology? that line kinda confused me.

Thread starter #114

Golgotha

This thread is amazing! I had a specific question.

Don't worry about why, lol. What primaries do i need to only smoke my fish and brew my own beer?
My guess is -
Adv. Cooking
Adv. Cooking Tools
Animal Materials
Flesh Lore (i don't think i'd NEED anything else under animal mats for just fish?)
Ore Extraction Appliances (to use the grinder on all my grains)
Butchery
Butchery Appliances
Botony

Am i missing anything? Should i have Zoology - Pisces?
Do i need milling?
It said in the main post -
  • Meat and Carcass – From either flesh lore (for the meats), or Zoology (for cooking whole animal and fish)
So if i use whole fish i should have the Zoology? that line kinda confused me.
Thank for the kind words, first.

Second. You cover the needed skills there. You dont need advanced cooking to do this though, and right now you do not get the extra slots from it either. Botany will cover the use of woods only for the smoker's fuel though, just remember.

When it comes to the fish question. You use zoology when cooking whole carcass, or fish. When you butcher it up you will need the appropriate meat skill trained up instead, and zoology no longer plays a role in the quality of the finished product (as you had thought).

Thread starter #115

Golgotha

Wait, you forgot milling.

You have ore extraction appliances, but forgot the action. Milling, under extraction.

Wait, you forgot milling.

You have ore extraction appliances, but forgot the action. Milling, under extraction.

Excellent ty.. btw the botony i was thinking more for the grains (Agrostology) in me beer. My lazy ass, useless character is well underway. :)

StrongMad

Doesn't having adv cooking increase the quality of some foods?

Thread starter #118

Golgotha

Doesn't having adv cooking increase the quality of some foods?
It does, you just dont get the extra slots.. even though I remember reading patch notes once that said it was fixed..... SV?

Cearbhall

Exalted Member
Advanced cooking does make difference,I don't know how accurate it is since only done few test but AC make difference when there more then 3 ingredients(cooking equipment counts aswell)

Status
Not open for further replies.