Development roadmap for MO1?

The number one fan of Mortal Online (Henrik N.) is the one saying "we will try to keep them" (patches) "more steady again yes". And I believe Henrik as much as anyone can-- I just believe it after he does it (whatever it is): that is, after it turns out not to be impossible, and/or when contradictory statements have been resolved, and when "it gets done". Before then may be too soon, so until something happens I try to stick to just reporting what he said and when.

It's up to everyone to keep reminding him of pending promises that haven't proved impossible yet. I guess it works about the same as eminent domain in Real Life-- your local or state or federal government decides if and when and why it will take your property and for "how much" compensation, and it's declared fair <because reasons>. You may not like it, but the bulldozers are coming nevertheless, and the people who i.e. drive on the new i.e. freeway mostly won't care, but if they do they'll send you their 'thoughts and prayers' after i.e. your house is a pile of rubble. (Is that too dramatic, Albanjo?)
Absolutly, if u didn't post that i wouldn't have seen it at all. Henrik's ramblings are priceless, its like hes brainstorming in discord to see what it comes out. Funny is that they don't ever mention stuff like that in the forums, precisely because its just wishy thinking.
Fair analogy, dramatic but on point lmao.

Is this really true for all new players? I ask because there's at least a trickle of new players now, isn't there? And they are by definition 10 years behind the og(h)'s now.

Slightly related: it's my definite impression that Henrik thinks that they can lure back many people from Steam who tried the game before, briefly (when they were several years behind those who'd been playing longest).

View attachment 12943
I really can't believe he said that. Can't blame people for not giving Mortal a chance, specially when the game is so old* and unbalanced. The whole missconseption that a newbie island is all it takes to capture people into the game. Noobs can't compete in a grind simulator thats been up for years, shit is designed to be a zergfest. hat is so hard to understand.

No matter what engine is MO2 made off the game is going to be a failure unless they actually adress the most pertinent problematics, which im sure they are unable to.

If you think of it COmlete Wipe would be awfull.
you could try wipe any other game, guess what will happen.

i personally dont wont my hard earned shit, and all the countless of thousends of hours wasted for nothing, just because some playdoo kids that haven't even played 1k hours want a wipe, because they are to lazy to do grind thier own shit.

Guess what will happen 3years after a wipe???
exactly you guessed it right, it will be nearly the same as now.
Only differents people invested thier lifetime in this and believed henriks never wipe policy gets pissed.
and maybe gone.

much emptier game and much more people lost wow.

Maybe they shoudl instead balance the gear and stuff instead of wipping all to shit. if you invest 10years PP in 30 fucking guards than it should be like it is. these people farmed and grinded years for thier guards, but they cant sustain that in long run. to who gives a fuck, i dont say npc gards are good they are shit. but if people grinded thier half life in this game than this cant be for nothing.

just my opinion, salty posts incoming.
Maybe you shouldn't be so attached to pixels, that doesn't sound healthy at all. I mean, what are you going to do when they shut down MO1 servers and transfer nothing you been collecting for 5 years in the game.

Games where u gotta compete are not fun when you can't compete, is it really that hard to understand?

But yeah, crafting requires balance, grind requires balance, TC requires balance. Can't really say SV cares about you grinding for years, it doesn't matter.

I think it's fair to say that at this point, MO1 is an "as is" product.

They may at some point introduce or tweak a feature, but that would only be to test it ahead of MO2.

Right now subs are probably just helping to cover server hosting costs and maybe some coffee for the office while they work on MO2.

SV wouldn't come out and say it either as that'd be pretty bad publicity.

But I wouldn't be expecting any updates of substance for MO1 anymore.
Fanbois told me MO1 is going to keep having regular updates while they make" MO2, stap lying.

Bicorps

Trial Member
i personally dont wont my hard earned shit, and all the countless of thousends of hours wasted for nothing, just because some playdoo kids that haven't even played 1k hours want a wipe, because they are to lazy to do grind thier own shit.
Wut lol

I hope they close the game soon and work on MO2 because the state of the game is pathetic, all you need to do is check the rpk keep location, you literally have guards killing each other. Thats the end game pvp. And territory control, npcs fighting other npcs.

Atrosion

I hope they close the game soon and work on MO2 because the state of the game is pathetic, all you need to do is check the rpk keep location, you literally have guards killing each other. Thats the end game pvp. And territory control, npcs fighting other npcs.
This.

SV has zero reasons to keep this game alive. Imo MO went straight downhill after releasing another continent thus splitting the population.
They should have focused on Myrland.

Wabbajack

Guards fighting guards would not be so bad if the guards actually had mana and stamina as well as a real combat system baised on aim and not some turned based autolock combat. Heck if the guard supplies were based more on a rts type of system were the owner needs to make housing to unlock guard capacity, gold purchase and upkeep as well as food it would all balance itself out.
Maybe throw in some training grounds to unlock better guards and a blacksmith to unlock better guard equipment.

It would allow the players to still be able to add guards but at a much more indepth cost, making it into a very end game goal for a large and wealthy guild/empire. Every guard lost would be a much larger issue than now .
When it comes to the enemy they could choose their approach of either destroying the blacksmith to reduce the equipment of the guards, training grounds to lower their health/base damage or simply destroy the housing to remove guards all together.

Not that this matters at all for MO1 but hopefully we'll see something more in-depth for MO2.

phyzm

Its not thousands of hours wasted. We are all here for a reason, and we keep coming back for a reason and its not how many gold coins we have in a bank. If that were the case instead of sitting here for hours on end farming crap i could just spend that time at work and buy more gold then i could farm in a month. But Im going to be honest with you bro, the only selfish lazy one here is you. Its the wealthy people of nave speaking out about how important wiping is. Your looking at your own personal interest over the interest of MO and its community. At what point can a game evolve and grow and do the things it has to do to be great without people crying about their pixels. Ive also been playing under the assumption that mortal is in beta and when that finally changes, it could all be gone. This expectation people have that what they are doing in mortal is permanent and should be here forever is absurd.

Also calling MO a cashgrab is ridiculous. The team has always been small and they work tirelessly. I do believe in their passion i just think they are too hopeful for things they dont have the means to make happen. All i ask for is more transparency and communication. The best MO2 info is in screenshots of conversations Henrik has had with people instead of forum posts... And 2 character slots....I dont play mortal for gold. I play to delve into all the different complex things to do. 1 character is a romantic notion with annoying and boring consequences. Its also more meta inducing as making unique characters will too greatly impact other areas. I also love making characters unique to my circumstances im making them for. I dont want to log in and have my choices of things to do so limited, your making people walk a straight line @Henrik Nystrom

Last edited:

Speznat

Its not thousands of hours wasted. We are all here for a reason, and we keep coming back for a reason and its not how many gold coins we have in a bank. If that were the case instead of sitting here for hours on end farming crap i could just spend that time at work and buy more gold then i could farm in a month. But Im going to be honest with you bro, the only selfish lazy one here is you. Its the wealthy people of nave speaking out about how important wiping is. Your looking at your own personal interest over the interest of MO and its community. At what point can a game evolve and grow and do the things it has to do to be great without people crying about their pixels. Ive also been playing under the assumption that mortal is in beta and when that finally changes, it could all be gone. This expectation people have that what they are doing in mortal is permanent and should be here forever is absurd.

Also calling MO a cashgrab is ridiculous. The team has always been small and they work tirelessly. I do believe in their passion i just think they are too hopeful for things they dont have the means to make happen. All i ask for is more transparency and communication. The best MO2 info is in screenshots of conversations Henrik has had with people instead of forum posts... And 2 character slots....I dont play mortal for gold. I play to delve into all the different complex things to do. 1 character is a romantic notion with annoying and boring consequences. Its also more meta inducing as making unique characters will too greatly impact other areas. I also love making characters unique to my circumstances im making them for. I dont want to log in and have my choices of things to do so limited, your making people walk a straight line @Henrik Nystrom
the main thing i mean ist, what would change?

in 3years of MO2 we will have the same economy as now, so why wipe anyway?
it just dont make any sense, it will be the same as before or do you think many people play different than they did since 10years? they will grind and hoard and sell again. so what exactly does a wipe change?

you just fuck some veterans literally in the ass for nothing. It will change nothing it will evne go faster to high end again because people know how to make high edn stuff now without needing to research thousends of hours.

it just make zero sense.
im not only saying here stuff formy personal interrest. its just plain stupid to wipe. can you tell me the differences in a 5 year old MO2 and right now?you guessed it right, it will be the same shit, and people will beg for wipe again in 5 years and again in 10 years because all babay cryers whant low tier pvp again, but guess what? change game mechaniks could solve the issue not wiping. WTF is wrong with you.

Speznat

Main Problem I see is in the Mechanic not in a wipe.

I just dont belive that wipe would change anything. We will have low tier pvp for maybe 3years ("MAYBE")
and what after? the same as now? High end gear everywhere will happen sooner or later.

and than what we do than? Wipe again or what?

sry is this rust or what?

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member

it just dont make any sense, it will be the same as before or do you think many people play different than they did since 10years? they will grind and hoard and sell again. so what exactly does a wipe change?

you just fuck some veterans literally in the ass for nothing. It will change nothing it will evne go faster to high end again because people know how to make high edn stuff now without needing to research thousends of hours.

it just make zero sense.
im not only saying here stuff formy personal interrest. its just plain stupid to wipe. can you tell me the differences in a 5 year old MO2 and right now?you guessed it right, it will be the same shit, and people will beg for wipe again in 5 years and again in 10 years because all babay cryers whant low tier pvp again, but guess what? change game mechaniks could solve the issue not wiping. WTF is wrong with you.
You do know there are insane amounts of duped gold/resources in the game ?
You do know there are insane amounts of manufactured gold/resources in the game from cheap ways to make that never should have been ingame ?
You do know there are insane amounts of gold/resources farmed cheap in Sarducaa that should never have been possible ?
You do know there are insane amounts of gold/resources from fishing exploits through third party programs that never should have been possible ?

If SV is not braindead these things will not be allowed to happen in MO2 and thats the difference between wiping or not.
There are also insane amounts of gold/resources around from players farming in low pop times which is not dangerous as farming in MO should be and are almost as bad as a dupe.

Again unless SV is braindead and has learned nothing from MOs failure, no you wont have the same economy in MO2 in 5 or even 10 years. With harder ways to make gold and a simple working anti cheat system would make sure MO2s economy would NEVER become as bad as MOs.
Just the duped/exploited/third party farming and afk farming gold and resources present in MO is retarded and so huge that if made right in the right way MO2 could never become as ruined in such ways.

All players are new in MO2 when it does launch since noone has played it.
Why should you be allowed to take gold/resources from another game thats riddled with dupes, ecploits, cheap ways to create wealth and has a history of GMs handing mass amounts of gold/resources to guilds and players ? That in itself is retarded, and for you to ask for it when you should know about these issues is imo retarded.

You do know there are insane amounts of duped gold/resources in the game ?
You do know there are insane amounts of manufactured gold/resources in the game from cheap ways to make that never should have been ingame ?
You do know there are insane amounts of gold/resources farmed cheap in Sarducaa that should never have been possible ?
You do know there are insane amounts of gold/resources from fishing exploits through third party programs that never should have been possible ?

If SV is not braindead these things will not be allowed to happen in MO2 and thats the difference between wiping or not.
There are also insane amounts of gold/resources around from players farming in low pop times which is not dangerous as farming in MO should be and are almost as bad as a dupe.

Again unless SV is braindead and has learned nothing from MOs failure, no you wont have the same economy in MO2 in 5 or even 10 years. With harder ways to make gold and a simple working anti cheat system would make sure MO2s economy would NEVER become as bad as MOs.
Just the duped/exploited/third party farming and afk farming gold and resources present in MO is retarded and so huge that if made right in the right way MO2 could never become as ruined in such ways.

All players are new in MO2 when it does launch since noone has played it.
Why should you be allowed to take gold/resources from another game thats riddled with dupes, ecploits, cheap ways to create wealth and has a history of GMs handing mass amounts of gold/resources to guilds and players ? That in itself is retarded, and for you to ask for it when you should know about these issues is imo retarded.
When the population was low I was able to make ~70g+ per lockpicked chest in sarducaa. (Only counting the gold and silver coins, not the resources, artifacts and other stuff I got out of it). And that's just retarded, compared to how much money you can make on Myrland by normal farming.
Then there were self farming mines for a certain period of time, a shitload of Demons that were farmed while bugged at nodelines, logging off inside dungeons to just do the boss repeatedly without needing to do the whole dungeon. Then there are ofcause DK's that solo all kind of bosses.

And I really hope that all that stuff doesn't exist in that way in MO2 and there will be less ways of abusing "game mechanics" to farm insame amounts of money, that never were supposed to be farmed that way.

And then of cause all the TC stuff at the state it is right now...
If someone wears Ogh armor in MO2 he should have farmed it by farming it with competition, and not by a walled in tephra crater with a shit load of guards and lots of mines.
I don't even want to mention all that duped resources and afk farmed fish...

I just dont belive that wipe would change anything. We will have low tier pvp for maybe 3years ("MAYBE")
and what after? the same as now? High end gear everywhere will happen sooner or later.

The wipe is not supposed to be a punishment for the ones that farmed hard. It's needed to remove the damage caused by bad game mechanics, that hopefully won't exist in that way in MO2.

Speznat

If you see MO2 from a other perspective than its more an engine update, if its a different game than it make sense.

but its more an engine update, same game same features, other implementation of that feature like 11 char instead of 4.
why wiping a game that is not completly new?

Speznat

The wipe is not supposed to be a punishment for the ones that farmed hard. It's needed to remove the damage caused by bad game mechanics, that hopefully won't exist in that way in MO2.
hopefully, we all know these mechanics will exists in some way and than we are her ein forums again 5 years later and sicuss another wipe. because same people will demand a wipe again. what the point in wiping a game over and over? if i want wipe than i play rust or other shit.
Does FF14 wiped after it got destroyed no, it didn't. because its an mmo and not some shit alpha pre shit on steam.
Example: hear on the people in wow forum that want a wipe. guess what will happen after they wipe the game.

they need to change the mechanics instead of wiping

it just make zero sense.
One of the massive mayor problems with the economy are safe banks and the TC grid system bank. Not saying people shouldn't be able to hoard shit, but can't have infinite safe storage and expect economy not to be a stagnant garbage.

phyzm

Maybe im wrong that wipe wouldn't change anything:

i would like to hear some opinions about that. what you guys think will happen after 3-5 years in MO2?
what are your expectations, that all roam in Ironbone? like @Rhias

Some opinions please:
@Stowater @phyzm @Atrosion @Albanjo Dravae @finegamingconnoisseur @Najwalaylah @Yeonan
Its about everyone starting at the same point in game and what a fresh start brings to the table. About some players not having a massive advantage over others. This is not the way to bring new and old players back. The possibilities for marketing are much better as well. As Henrik himself has said, its best to look at mo1 as the beta for mo2. There is also a very shotty past with absurd amount of duped gold and items. I recall one video of a guy flying around the air one shoting people in tindrem from outer space, talking about his stacks of duped dragon material. Just enough already. MO2 is suppose to have a sense of wonderment right, that wont be the case if people roll out day one in ogh or gold. Actually i promise you nave would be a shit show with so much abuse of mechanics, so much more griefing and horseshit then should be possible. Is this really what u want for mo2? More of the same? @Henrik Nystrom needs to take after UO and EQ and put more weight and consequence into killing a blue. There needs to be a price paid to grief blues. Instead they actually reward it and boast numbers so people can compete at whos the bigger cunt.

Last edited:

Atrosion

hopefully, we all know these mechanics will exists in some way and than we are her ein forums again 5 years later and sicuss another wipe. because same people will demand a wipe again. what the point in wiping a game over and over? if i want wipe than i play rust or other shit.
Does FF14 wiped after it got destroyed no, it didn't. because its an mmo and not some shit alpha pre shit on steam.
Example: hear on the people in wow forum that want a wipe. guess what will happen after they wipe the game.

they need to change the mechanics instead of wiping
Dude what are you talking about? They even replaced the original team that was working on FFXIV. The original game was replaced with FFXIV: Realm Reborn in 2013 because it was incredibly buggy and horrible in any possible way. Legacy players who played the original got some free cosmetic items, but that is not as gamebreaking as getting thousands of materials and gold.
Why are people always comparing WoW with MO this is just ridiculous.

We all know that there going to be bugs and exploits in Mortal 2 as well, i'm not against a full wipe as i know there were ways of duping gold and one of them i came by it myself just by making a mistake of putting 1 unit of Sator Carcass as buy order for 2 gold coins instead of 2 cuprum coins per unit and i get 2000 gold in my inventory, of course i made 3 stacks of gold but i just couldn't forgive myself and contacted the support and there was a fix and they took the server few hours back so i had no gold when i logged back in after, it is just that i can't see myself making friends to run the Sators dungeon for the Animal Magnetism, and i don't want them to make it easy to get either, that's if Necromancy is going to be in Mortal 2, otherwise i will just play a focus mage, so yeah i say yes for full wipe and if there going to be some compensation, it should be limited to capes and titles. that is just my opinion, see you all in Nave

phyzm

We all know that there going to be bugs and exploits in Mortal 2 as well, i'm not against a full wipe as i know there were ways of duping gold and one of them i came by it myself just by making a mistake of putting 1 unit of Sator Carcass as buy order for 2 gold coins instead of 2 cuprum coins per unit and i get 2000 gold in my inventory, of course i made 3 stacks of gold but i just couldn't forgive myself and contacted the support and there was a fix and they took the server few hours back so i had no gold when i logged back in after, it is just that i can't see myself making friends to run the Sators dungeon for the Animal Magnetism, and i don't want them to make it easy to get either, that's if Necromancy is going to be in Mortal 2, otherwise i will just play a focus mage, so yeah i say yes for full wipe and if there going to be some compensation, it should be limited to capes and titles. that is just my opinion, see you all in Nave
For sure, thats why i dont mind them taking their time. Ya the wait sucks but i like to look at the bigger picture. MO2 needs to be in as complete and tested a form as possible when released. First impressions are going to be very important. If they just release a skeleton of a game and slowly implement things already in mo1 its going to be a facepalm. Can you imagine a 4x size myrland with say only twice the number of players. Yes when MO2 releases its going to have thousands of players making a bigger world needed. But can they hang on to good numbers. A lesser version of MO1 is not the way to make that happen. Unless they release it as a true beta with expectations for wipe but this is not the path they want to take. And when it comes to marketing the more you have to show the better.

Last edited:

its about marketing, the MO2 launch is the only chance to get an actual population for the game, if u dont wipe most new players wont even bother trying a game where they cant possibly compete with vets and very soon it will be the same 100 ppl playing again. So you prefer to play a almost single player mmorpg only to stare at ur pixels? Maybe u should have focused into grinding something that cant be wiped like your skill at the game...