Development roadmap for MO1?

At least with TC and later steam release small groups started to show up again, TC polarized the game even further than before and it became clear that this was not a game for small crews. And gear and pets became a real problem after TC and sarducaa. Specially with TC mines and sarducaan pets.
Yeah TC fucked up the game real hard.
MMOs are not for small crews , get over it bro .

MolagAmur

They should be for all crews. That was the beauty of Mortal...it used to be a skill-based MMO. The combat allowed better players to consistently win due to outplay and kite potential. Most MMOs are a numbers game....both in gear and how many people you have...which makes it just boring and predictable.

I've tried many many times to play with a larger guild. And everytime I get so bored. They are literally for people who just want extra cushion and protection during fights so they dont have to do as much or have as much risk. It's a completely different game when running a smaller crew...and much more rewarding imo.

So yeah. A good MMO is one you can play solo, with your best friend, five friends, or fifty people. Both with have advantages and disadvantages.

Ashes of Creation has an amazing system they are doing to help with this. Basically...the less players in your guild...the more buffs your guild mates get. If you want a large guild, you spread your buffs/power more in exchange for more bodies. If they balance that well...it could be really nice.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
It seems like MMOs could be for small and for large groups; the problem is that they'll never be quite the same, and it would be difficult or impossible to make them equal in all situations.

They should be for all crews. That was the beauty of Mortal...it used to be a skill-based MMO. The combat allowed better players to consistently win due to outplay and kite potential. Most MMOs are a numbers game....both in gear and how many people you have...which makes it just boring and predictable.

I've tried many many times to play with a larger guild. And everytime I get so bored. They are literally for people who just want extra cushion and protection during fights so they dont have to do as much or have as much risk. It's a completely different game when running a smaller crew...and much more rewarding imo.

So yeah. A good MMO is one you can play solo, with your best friend, five friends, or fifty people. Both with have advantages and disadvantages.

Ashes of Creation has an amazing system they are doing to help with this. Basically...the less players in your guild...the more buffs your guild mates get. If you want a large guild, you spread your buffs/power more in exchange for more bodies. If they balance that well...it could be really nice.
I'm against any kind of buffs for smaller guilds. Pretty sure this mechanic would be heavily abused.

MolagAmur

I'm against any kind of buffs for smaller guilds. Pretty sure this mechanic would be heavily abused.
Meh it depends on how they structure things. I'm sure they have plans to make alt guilds basically not work. Who knows what kind of "buffs" they will even be. We will see.

deathshroud

Exalted Member
The more members your guild has the more upkeep you need to pay each month for the guild stone have it increase in the following way...

X amount of default tax
20+ members 10% increase in payment over X
30+ members 23% increase in payment over X
40+ members 38% increase in payment over X
(take into account it is 1 character per account)

The higher your Guild population the more work is required to keep your guild running. With larger increments for each guild pop milestone you have a significant jump.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of the wipe and the single character limit; the fun in the game is supposed to be the rise, not simply existing at the top. Plus think of how much more fun the rise will be with all the new mechanics made possible by UE4! I've played around with it before and it's SO much better than UE3, especially with the native VR ability!

As for the limit of one character per account, I strongly believe its for the best. This game wasn't meant to be solo'd, its meant to be a community effort! A player-driven economy would be useless if you could just do everything via a crew of yourself.

Once MO2 is released, I don't believe there will be much of a reason to continue working on MO1, and I don't think that's a problem. Obviously it kinda sucks all the hours you put into the game are gone and you'll have to start over, but isn't the point of the game to put in the hours? Isn't that the fun part? I think I'll enjoy it even more the second time with the improved engine! :D

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
(T)he fun in the game is supposed to be the rise, not simply existing at the top.
I'm afraid that some folks now at their peak had much less fun than others getting there, so they don't look forward to doing it again. That would explain so much. But their extreme bitterness isn't a good guide to what little future remains for MO1-- nothing will please them enough, so SV will have to (and should) please themselves.
Obviously it kinda sucks all the hours you put into the game are gone and you'll have to start over, but isn't the point of the game to put in the hours?
Yes; especially since the hours are gone no matter what pixels they now have to show for them (including pixels on the forums, YT, etc. -- if MO2 succeeds at all, it will almost have to become too big for what happened in MO1 to be very relevant).

History is cool, but it's history.

I'm afraid that some folks now at their peak had much less fun than others getting there, so they don't look forward to doing it again. That would explain so much. But their extreme bitterness isn't a good guide to what little future remains for MO1-- nothing will please them enough, so SV will have to (and should) please themselves.Yes; especially since the hours are gone no matter what pixels they now have to show for them (including pixels on the forums, YT, etc. -- if MO2 succeeds at all, it will almost have to become too big for what happened in MO1 to be very relevant).

History is cool, but it's history.
What happened in MO1 might not be relevant anymore. However, knowledge in the core mechanics of MO1 will bring them an advantage in MO2. Even through some mechanic might change, most will stay similar in the core. I'm pretty sure those who succeeded in MO1 will rise in MO2 pretty fast.