Do people RP on MO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

omera

This decides whether or not I buy the game. Do people RP here?

FML

Trial Member
If you're into that sort of thing there is a wide range if interests throughout the Mortal Online community. I don't think you will see people all dressed up in none pvp gear in towns talking about the weather but you will most likely find a guild that do enjoy to RP and as I said if you like that then the community will offer!

There's also a section on the forums for Lore and Role playing you could check out, see what comes of it!

princereaper

Exalted Member
There a huge roleplayer base in Mortal Online, you got most people roleplaying as random player killers :p

You got people roleplaying as anti player killers :D

You got people roleplaying to be crafters :p

Sharpeye

Trial Member
Several guilds RP, but they small and far between. The RP people have been neglected a bit in the game design decisions. But it's getting better.

My suggestion is try for a month, and see who you run into. Goodluck!

gotcher

It depends on what you call RP
If you are a fuckign Zealot screaming "REPENT!" - it will work out just fine
If you try to rob a guy instead of murdering him - all you get is him bitching about you :(

There are RPer's, you just have to keep your eyes open.

If you try to rob a guy instead of murdering him - all you get is him bitching about you :(
That's actually how I met Monica the Pleb! She tried to stick up my poor tamer, then she found out I was a bonafide Tindremene and we had a nice chat. In character! It was wonderful.

But in general, while I like RPing, it's kind of hard in this game unless someone else is willing to go along with it. I usually end up only RPing when I meet another roleplayer.

Trismagi

There was once a red bandit named Godkin. He RP'd everywhere he went in MO that he was a religious zealot and he had to "cleanse" us of our sins. After many encounters with him, I can say...he never broke character.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
There was once a red bandit named Godkin. He RP'd everywhere he went in MO that he was a religious zealot and he had to "cleanse" us of our sins. After many encounters with him, I can say...he never broke character.
There once was a red bandit, named Godkin
He carried a wicked keen bodkin;
He'd follow their scent,
Then tell 'heathens', "REPENT!"
Before looting their carcass and corpse-skin*.
* Do you have any idea how hard it is to find even a near rhyme for "godkin" and "bodkin"?

Who would literally kill his own kin
If they wouldn't repent,
They would surely regret,
While he chops arms and legs like a gherkin

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Who would literally kill his own kin
If they wouldn't repent,
They would surely regret,
While he chops arms and legs like a gherkin
This is best read in a voice that pronounces 'God' as it is in "Ermagerd!"

That first syllable, though.
In English, the first syllable doesn't need to match for it to be considered a rhyme. It is typically the last syllable only that counts, but as with everything, there are exceptions.

I role play... many different characters, from a cruel and barbaric Hun, to a competitive and egotistical Chinese warlord, I enjoy my Afghan RP too... raiding... scavenging... and sharing out goodies after a battle.

Sortin

In beta, there was a guy that wanted me to teach him bowcrafting. There was one catch- he was vegetarian, and wanted his character to be vegetarian, which would mean no animal parts.

Rather than dumping all of my information on him, instead I stayed with him over the course of several days, helping him test different combinations, which would really only include variations of wood.

I thought it was an interesting way to approach the game, even though I don't know that it's necessarily 'roleplaying' to everyone.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
In beta, there was a guy that wanted me to teach him bowcrafting. There was one catch- he was vegetarian, and wanted his character to be vegetarian, which would mean no animal parts.

Rather than dumping all of my information on him, instead I stayed with him over the course of several days, helping him test different combinations, which would really only include variations of wood.

I thought it was an interesting way to approach the game, even though I don't know that it's necessarily 'roleplaying' to everyone.
Vegetarian could be a role, or at least a personal lore, with veggie roll on the side.

I knew of (not knew personally) a pair of players in EverQuest years ago who leveled up from the beginning without killing any animals or living human(oid)s. This pretty much restricted them to killing the undead, wisps, vampires, man-eating plants, clockworks, etc. They seemed as if they were having fun.

But, even though I go about MO in some kind of character most of the time, the general answer to the OP question is "mostly, no". The only way to have it be different is for more to dive in and do it, however they conceive it should be done.

BobgevLa

The closest I got to Roleplaying was a guy in Tindrem saying he has an ohgmium book and hell give it to me if I blow him

Status
Not open for further replies.