Dyes in MO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #181

Golgotha

Boiled Leather.
It is not usable in the Light sets, like robes or scout...
But can be used in the Mediums, like padded, splint, scale and expilator.

Can all materials take dye? Like for instance, can I dye keeled-scale padded armor exactly like the boiled leather padded armor in the image?

Thread starter #183

Golgotha

The parts that change color in the picture will change, no matter what the base materials are when dyed.

Zyconnic

I tried to raise the skill by using the method you destribed Golgotha

After adding a whole keg with water in the tub I still get the message when trying to due my rag:

"This dye is to weak to use"

Adding a whole keg with water will give you around 1½ skill points :( 50-100 seems so far

Thread starter #185

Golgotha

Why would your skill stop at 50? Even if the first of the dyeing book only brought you to 50, you can read another book to bring yourself up to 70 (80 with stat bonus). I never grinded my skill up from that point, I experimented and played with dyes and raised it naturally.

If you find a faster way, please let us know.

EDIT: Also, what are you using to make your dyes with?

Zyconnic

Just water. Had hoped to raise my skill this way

I will read another one :)

So water is just not good to use.. It will never give you anything you can dye with. It skills up a little when you put it into the tube but that's it

Notime

Oghmium Supporter
Just water. Had hoped to raise my skill this way

I will read another one :)

So water is just not good to use.. It will never give you anything you can dye with. It skills up a little when you put it into the tube but that's it
Maybe diluting the dye extremely, like make a keg with 990 units of water and make 10 red dte from roses, then combine it, this might not give you the message about the dye being too weak since there is actual colour in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.