Dyes in MO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #142

Golgotha

All my guys are coloured up and pretty. Even my guys that wear rags, have coloured rags. And they never drop on death!

All my guys are coloured up and pretty. Even my guys that wear rags, have coloured rags. And they never drop on death!
I was actually thinking of stocking up and selling colored rags to people who deleted there's after making sure every one of my guys have some of course

Ademes

Champion of Nave
Wait, why isn't anyone using this, it actually look good!
Myself and others have the skills and provide the service. People don't seem interested unless they are dying tabards. The level of color change is just too low on a lot of the armor pieces (which many have mentioned). Cant wait for the armor patch and see changes to the system.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
Myself and others have the skills and provide the service. People don't seem interested unless they are dying tabards. The level of color change is just too low on a lot of the armor pieces (which many have mentioned). Cant wait for the armor patch and see changes to the system.
This, I would dye so fucking much if the whole armor was coloured, especially draco armor :(

But its SV we are talking about....

Dhan

Honored Member
This, I would dye so fucking much if the whole armor was coloured, especially draco armor :(

But its SV we are talking about....
Well if you wanted to color the entire armor you would need to use paint on the metal instead of dyes. Maybe they can add that in the future.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
Well if you wanted to color the entire armor you would need to use paint on the metal instead of dyes. Maybe they can add that in the future.
Why continue to overcomplicate the systems, just make fucking dyes dye what the fuck we want, adds more spice to the game while ruining nothing.

Dhan

Honored Member
Why continue to overcomplicate the systems, just make fucking dyes dye what the fuck we want, adds more spice to the game while ruining nothing.
I hear ya man, just saying that some people would respond with "wtf that's not how you color armor, wut r u doin SV!?!" so I think they will just avoid that type of shit by not putting it in unless it's how it's supposed to be. Although I'm sure that they can just copy and paste the dyes and make them paint by adding something else, like oils for example.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
I hear ya man, just saying that some people would respond with "wtf that's not how you color armor, wut r u doin SV!?!" so I think they will just avoid that type of shit by not putting it in unless it's how it's supposed to be. Although I'm sure that they can just copy and paste the dyes and make them paint by adding something else, like oils for example.
Yeah and imo more customization = awesome. Specially in a MMO with low armor choices.

Should already be able to dye cotton robes then in as many colors as we like but can only do little parts of it
I agree with TheBadMan let us customize every thing with color if I want a rainbow suit of armor then let me

Ademes

Champion of Nave
Well, in some of the previews it looked like the armors had different designs and shit on them which would be open to be dyed.

Not sure if it would be a good or a bad thing, but if everything could be dyed and you could change the actual color of the metal as a whole, it would be almost deceiving going into a fight and not really knows what type of armor (generally) the other is wearing.

I think I am in the middle on this one.

Dhan

Honored Member
Well, in some of the previews it looked like the armors had different designs and shit on them which would be open to be dyed.

Not sure if it would be a good or a bad thing, but if everything could be dyed and you could change the actual color of the metal as a whole, it would be almost deceiving going into a fight and not really knows what type of armor (generally) the other is wearing.

Good point, it would be a bit annoying not knowing whether the guy is wearing steel or just some wood that's painted gray. And those weird swirly designs are supposed to be enchantments that you can put on your armor, so I would imagine that the different colors are different effects instead of the same one just dyed different colors.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member

Imo it would be alot more fun, atm I look for 2 secs on a guy and I know everything he is wearing, would be refreshing to not know stuff again.

Wood has a grain to it so if the grain was keept you would still know it's wood
Same with the size of the scales they show what scale it is
Only time it could become deceiving would be if some one had steel armor and dyed it to look like cuprum
I think wood also should be able to be dyed along with spw/any wood handle hilts

grasthard

one question to the dyes masters. when you make dyes do the lores of the items you use to make the dye potion matter?

for instance if i use a fruit to get a red dye does the fruit related lore matters for the yield/strenght of the dye or not?

Thread starter #156

Golgotha

one question to the dyes masters. when you make dyes do the lores of the items you use to make the dye potion matter?

for instance if i use a fruit to get a red dye does the fruit related lore matters for the yield/strenght of the dye or not?
No, they shouldnt. Use of the fabricula is all that you need. And even then, you just need the minimum points in the skill to use the tool.

Osmethne

Ok, I read this thread and this one, and I seem to be missing a step.

Is this basically the correct process when using a single vial:
  • make potion
  • dump in to the keg
  • repeat ten or more times to get color instead of just white nothingness

Thanks in advance,
Frustrated Dye Maker

Thread starter #159

Golgotha

Yea, if I was making smaller batches, Id bring the vials to the fabricula. Then bring them back to the storage and put them into the kegs.

YOU MUST have the kegs with the colors you want IN YOU INVENTORY when the dye tub is opened. If not, they will not be able to be added into the tub during the mixing process. So, if you might want to mix a few colors, have all the kegs and the tub in your inventory as the tub is opened.

Open dye tub. Put kegs and tub back into storage. Tub UI stays open until manually closed or ESC is pressed (even if the dye tub is not in your inventory). Pull out kegs and add color into the tub, as needed.. keep a tabard on hand to toss into the mix to see current batch color.

When not using a keg of color, put it back into the storage... pull out the keg you want to add in (but again, it must have been out as the tub was opened)... keep doing so until you find the color you want. And remember, the tabard is your friend. Test often so you dont overdo the adding, and bypass the desired color.

Leoni

The problem Im having with dying is so frustrating - I only make grey.
I will sit there, and fill up a keg with whatever - and the keg is red. How do I use the keg to dye things?
Because if I dump some from the keg into the dying tub - its grey!
What am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.