Dyes in MO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #161

Golgotha

If your dye keg is showing a strong red, then it should dye the item. If you are not adding enough, it will just start to go off from the white.

Your skill in tailoring/dyeing could also be playing an issue with how much dye you need to make a strong enough color in the finished product.

How many drops (drags of the keg to the tub) do you add? Is the color of the liquid in the dye tub showing the change in color towards red, and just the item is showing nothing?

EDIT: What are you using to make a red? Carcass is horrible btw. Roses?

Leoni

Ok, this could be the issue. Once I add (drag keg to tub) - I can do it only ONCE. I cannot add any other drags of keg tot he tub - it does not highlight, and the color in the tub does not change.
Im working on roses right now yes.

Rillas

Ok, this could be the issue. Once I add (drag keg to tub) - I can do it only ONCE. I cannot add any other drags of keg tot he tub - it does not highlight, and the color in the tub does not change.
Im working on roses right now yes.
The main issue I had was once you have the Keg Tub open and do something else, for example empty and fill vials, your opened Keg Tub becomes inactive meaning you can't interact with it anymore. I have found no way around this other then preparing every single vial before opening up the Keg Tub .

Thread starter #166

Golgotha

Indeed, have everything preparred before opening the tub. Have it all in you inventory. So if you are using a bunch of vials to dyew with, they all have to be in your inventory before the tub is opened.

Once that tub is opened, you cannot make any new dyes at the fabricula, or bring anything new from your bank.. the only ones that will work, will be the ones that were in your inventory when the tub was opened.

Leoni

Ok, I have not made a dye yet. All I'm getting is white.
This is the process that Im going through.
1) Use Fabricula - minor vial+roses = some red "potion"
2) Use "combine" that red potion + keg = keg now is showing red
3) repeat step 2 until I have about 100/1000 in the keg (its showing red) -> I am assuming that now there is dye in the tub.
4) this is where it all goes crap. If I drag the keg unto the tub - it's white. If I reverse combine red keg + empty vial - I get red potion. But dropping it into the tub - its white.

:oops:

So, I get a keg full of coloful stuff. But from there on - I cannot get the dye out!

Leoni

AH, OK, so that's the problem. Sorry, I posted the last before seeing the previous replies. Ok, Ill try that. I thought I was loosing my mind.

Thread starter #169

Golgotha

And do note, the dye tub will show white until you add more drops in. The color will progress and get darker, the more you add in.

So you can mix colors so long as all the kegs are in your inventory from when you get the tub?

Osmethne

Thanks for all the info, everyone. It helped us get through some of the more unclear spots in the current guides.

My problem when I tried was not having all the colours out when I got the tub so I assumed you couldn't
Good to know how to

Thanks for posting this I like being able to see all the colors you can make.

Dhan

Honored Member
Thanks for posting this I like being able to see all the colors you can make.
If you want to know all of the colors and ingredients, there is a dye calculator on the same site that brings the weapon and armor calculators.

Thread starter #177

Golgotha

Indeed. I just showed which kegs I had mixed and readied. Mixing materials for the pots, and adding different colored kegs to the tub will create endless possibilities.

What base material did you use to make the padded armor in the image? (not the dye, the actual armor)

Status
Not open for further replies.