Event 17/04

Thread starter #1
Ratmen.. Ratmen everywhere.. in the plains to the Northeast of sausage lake the Ratmen appeared in droves, guarding what was regarded by some a strange artifact..
After awhile, the Ratmen where beaten back, and it was discovered that the Artifact was in fact giving us hints to sacrifice wood and ore and metal.. after awhile we managed to achieve this and with a sudden.. eruption.. a giant structure whom some regarded as the Wall of Ancients sprung from the ground bewildering some and trapping others..

As we circled the wall to the cries of "OMFG" and "wtf is this?" it soon became apparent that this was a vessel for creatures not seen for an age.. Minotaur.. they tore from the wall, slaying the worshippers of the Ancients mercilessly..

around this time I got hungry.. and needed to go fix my bodily functions.. so I left..

Rathius

I noticed in the screenshot from Electrum's post that it looked like that dragon-like statue was there. Am I seeing that right? And since I wasn't there and saw no other images, was the wall just a normal palisade section called "Wall of the Ancients" or was it a special model?

Rankor

It was a serpant/dragon shaped relic. The wall seemed to be the standard wall seen at palisades....but labeled "Wall of Ancients"

Rathius

Alright then, thanks. Just all kinda seems more entirely random than anything connected. Just to have something to do rather than an actual storyline piece. I know they've wanted to draw out the Risar invasion and give them a break, so it seems they've been doing these random events instead. At least that's how things are running through my head.

Although, if this event was announced via server message, does anyone have the text that would have been displayed on screen?

Thread starter #6
Yeah.. it was a dragon statue.. sorta half buried in the ground.. I think this was just random stuff.. the key was called "testKey" or something like that..
there is a video somewhere too.. Im not sure where it is tho..

On a further note.. I have discovered that after the Minotaurs were killed.. two white rabbits appeared.. not sure exactly the source of the information.. but I was told it came direct from the GMs.. but apparently killing those rabbits would have garnered 2000g and something else.. instead they were tamed..

Rathius

Yes, I saw your post, didn't remember seeing your damn video though. And your snide remarks and general trollish behavior lately is why I didn't give a damn to post in your thread, not to mention I'm trying to talk about the possible lore related aspects of it while most of the general section would give a rats ass less about that. The fact you just come in here and post the thread only, and leave a remark like that only goes towards proving that sentiment...

Electrum

I describe the entire event and the reasoning behind it fully in that thread. That's all I was trying to say.

Man I hate that I missed that event. I didn't get a chance to see the minotaurs back in open beta, and by the end of beta the game was in such shambles I refused to pay for it until the free trial, then when I finally came back I learned they had removed them, so that would have been nice to attend.

Sando

all this work for this?

and now you have changed the numbers in white? I have lost 10points in eye view!
It's the Makara. Symbols related to it can also be found for example on the bridge to the jungle and to the island south of the WSX keep. What it relates to I don't know, and I'm afraid I don't know have the time to work on this stuff as much as I'd like.

Edit: The makara is the mount, that is. It might be the real life equivalent or inspiration for something in game, or who knows?

Kuroi

It's the Makara. Symbols related to it can also be found for example on the bridge to the jungle and to the island south of the WSX keep. What it relates to I don't know, and I'm afraid I don't know have the time to work on this stuff as much as I'd like.

Edit: The makara is the mount, that is. It might be the real life equivalent or inspiration for something in game, or who knows?
Makara in astrology -> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/it/7/7d/Pleiadi_it.jpg

you remember this in game? -> http://i51.tinypic.com/2501op2.jpg

Sando

There is a certain likness there, yeah. Another possible idea is that the Makara is the astrological sign of the Capricorn, one of the 12 parts of the zodiac. Another possible astrological sign could be the Taurus aka Bull aka Earth Bull aka Greater Kimuru. Can anyone think of other possible references to the zodiac?

The full list is:

• Aries (The Ram)
  • Taurus (The Bull)
  • Gemini (The Twins)
  • Cancer (The Crab)
  • Leo (The Lion)
  • Virgo (The Maiden)
  • Libra (The Scales)
  • Scorpio (The Scorpion)
  • Sagittarius (Centaur The Archer)
  • Capricorn ("Goat Horned", The Sea-Goat)
  • Aquarius (The Water Bearer)
  • Pisces (The Fish)

Some ideas could be the twin statues in Tindrem representing Gemini. Any more ideas?