Event: 3/29/11

Thread starter #1

Rathius

Invasion at Meduli!

Massive amounts of spiders burrowed out from under the desert south of Meduli's extraction zone. The event was announced and quickly spread through the continent, so MANY people showed from different factions, and from around the world. The initial turnout was a cluster of randoms killing each other, large groups killing the spiders, and then some larger organized groups in a large scale skirmish. From one viewpoint it almost seemed as if there was one group defending from the spiders while another group defended the defenders against invaders from afar. After fending off the spiders and raiders for some time, a champion spider spawned, a Guardian of guardians. This beast was tough, on average enough to kill an unprotected man in one fell attack. The mob of all whom were there then focused on this Guardian, pulling it further and further from town, for both personal reason and to protect the weak. With much death over the duration of this battle, we all eventually brought down the beast!

The haul from the Guardian was said to be 1,000 gold pieces, the champion vanquished. And some oddity among man occurred... it was actually rather civil. There was not massive bloodshed over who receives the reward, just confusion. Somewhat limited to nobody knowing who received the reward and some of it because of those involved being worn down from the fight itself.

And thus ends this spider invasion at Meduli, for now...

Sounds pretty awesome. Why am I always logged out when these things happen? :(

Me thinks the GM hates me; killed me twice and my horse! The second time I was just asking around for my stuff then the Guardian runs right out of the crowd and hits my nude, beautiful form! (and then ate my horse)

Thread starter #4

Rathius

Was a very interesting turn-out. They announced it on a server message, so pretty much anyone on saw it, so there really were tons of people there. My video card decided it didn't want to take anymore at one point, and it's a nVidia GTX 285. But overall, technical standpoint on the game itself, it seemed to handle probably a 100ish spiders and maybe just as many people pretty well. Well, probably less people, but there were a ton there, and even those that were just hangin out in town watchin things.

And hopefully.. I can get more people to make write-ups about the events in here so people know things are goin on, and so we can keep track of em. I know there are many different writing styles, and mine's not the the greatest, but I'm workin on it and tryin to keep a record in a somewhat neutral and rp fashion.

I was logged out too :( I want to see this kinda stuff.. oh and Hi :D I havent been able to post on the forums since I started playing until now.. and Im loving all this stuff..
Keep it up guys.. Nice write up Rathius.. hehe.. if I witness some, I will write stuff up aswell..

marioch666

Was a very interesting turn-out. They announced it on a server message, so pretty much anyone on saw it, so there really were tons of people there. My video card decided it didn't want to take anymore at one point, and it's a nVidia GTX 285. But overall, technical standpoint on the game itself, it seemed to handle probably a 100ish spiders and maybe just as many people pretty well. Well, probably less people, but there were a ton there, and even those that were just hangin out in town watchin things.

And hopefully.. I can get more people to make write-ups about the events in here so people know things are goin on, and so we can keep track of em. I know there are many different writing styles, and mine's not the the greatest, but I'm workin on it and tryin to keep a record in a somewhat neutral and rp fashion.

Nah, it's great even for non RPers, i just could see the server messages in my chat screen, my character was afk for the night and i though: Damn it! again! What happened? you solved my doubts :)

1,000 gold pieces? so one man looted 1,000 gold pieces?

marioch666

Yeah, i guess this events are just to avoid people duping, they just give huge amounts of gold to random individuals :p

Flintwick

Bahh, missed another one!

Not so sure about server-wide messages, but good it had decent turnout.

I think rather than server messages, they need to throw heralds in the towns to shout such messages (like the guy did in Fabernum for the xmas event).

In other news, did anyone get any screenshots of the spider swarm?

I was informed that the drop rate was between 100-1000 gold. If 1000 gold was dropped that would be one lucky person who got it.

Rankor

I have many screenshot as well as some high quality FRAPS.....I'll see what I can do.

Oh, forgot this part.,...

ALL HAIL to The KooT!

;)

Thread starter #13

Rathius

Ya, and apparently got away without anyone even knowing. We'll probably hear about who when they get it back safely to where ever they base out of, much like any other high-yield looting that's occurred.

Kuroi

damn i missed it :( i was sleeping T_T

Rankor

Rankor

Electrum

I know, why not just have the mobs drop fully crafted Oghmium blades!

Thread starter #18

Rathius

Maybe whoever is controlling the spider was using it to guard their coinpurse and forgot to remove it before starting the invasion. XD

From what I now understand the gold has been shared out between the guilds who helped kill the spider.