Fólkvangr-The Roleplaying City

Thread starter #181

Cearbhall

Exalted Member
The idea pop up again in my mind and had some time to fantasize over it so I expanded on it.

As Travelling merchant Vermundr had alot of opportunities of meeting fanastic people on his travels.Every night he would go to nearest Inn ,drink sweet mead till darkness faded and sunlight appeared,one of hobbies while being there beside eyeing beautiful women was share and listen to tales.On particular day a name caught his attention on mention of camelot,it was city where his Pagan king was crowned and converted to new gods and as young lad would fantasize visiting it and still does.

It was city that was rich and well provided town and stood strong at the side of river.The walls stood strong which kept all the dangers that darkness brings,so no fear ever penetrated the walls and people lived in harmony in these walls.All around camelot was ocean of trees that expanded to all direction of world,huge flat plains where tournaments and fest were held and most important it was rich of game/fish so nobody starved or frozen to death.The Town was also rich of gold and knowledge.It owned a library so big where people would be lost in different worlds reading them ,no one manage to read them all but many went crazy trying.

Over the years it became a hub of sophisticated,where people and nobility would meet up and tell their tales,music would be played so much that at night you would still hear the songs echo .Laughter and happiness rang the place and atmosphere was out of this would. .The greatest part about it was crackling you hear from campfire where we shared our meats and mead and don't get me started about the Inn called Drunken Sailors.Mead and wine overflowed the place,people wore gaerish clothing and women were most beautiful of all the worlds,when entering the inn all welcomed you as brother and sister no matter where you came from .All weapons stood at the entrance since nobody feared for their life and it is tradition few still follow.

Little bit up the river towards a stronghold stood a haven where all new comers can go to learn and earn .It was little outpost which was perfect for people who wanted little bit of quiet but still maintained the atmosphere of Camelot,it had all game you need to earn some coins and library to gain knowledge about everything and perfect place to start off before going on adventure.

If you dare wander and enter the ocean of trees to north you will eventually come across the Colosseum where all dispute are ended between the knights and where knights can show off their skill.It was only place were blood touched the floors but still it had very magical feelings towards it and was location of standing stones which old men placed.Bears stood tall as men and roamed the area , the trees stood even taller then giants in the stories.In horizon you could see lonely mountain.Tales have been told of minotaurs and mother of all spiders living in those mountains,but these beast are least of worries.

After all years of traveling to ever continent Vermundr decided to retire and put all his wealth and knowledge towards a kingdom greater then stories you hear about Camelot.This place will be name Folkvandr,where all men and women are equal no matter what sigil you wear or where you are from.

It is unsure when and where he will build this kingdom but tales have appeared recently which reawaken his interest in his final quest in his long and hard life which he hopes he can achieve before he joins the Freyja in Real Folkvandr.He seeks men and women who wish to help fufill this quest

Thread starter #182

Cearbhall

Exalted Member
Background
The city will be called Fólkvangr,it will have few guilds and individuals living out of it on daily basis.On weekly basis it will open for public where people can gather and in general Roleplay in-character.It will be location of events like prizefights and other gambling games.The City itself will have it own ranking system which will include Jarl of Fólkvangr.Jarl will be chosen ever week by combat,the citizens can challenge the jarl to combat ,if citizen defeats the current Jarl he will become him.It is his job to create his own trusted household troops which will protect the city on its opening against everything that can endanger the city(Uniform will have to be also be create to easily distinguish his guards)

When it opens on weekends a new story line will be writing and it is up the participants to role-play it out,if you die during it you will die permattely unless you find witch with resurrection skills and will be given white robes.This will also open up window for bounty for certain players or even jarl himself!

Plans
At the current state there are three cities in Folkvandr
  • Hub,is the capital of Folkvandr,it will have everything you need in the city,hopefully over time
  • Haevn,Is where RP new players who wish to spawn in Folkvandr,it will smaller city then Hub but everything a new players needs including breeding grounds with urials which can farmed to help them start of
  • Colleseum is the arena where prizefights are held or where people can set their differences.
How it works
I will contact a selecting few guilds/indivuals and invite them and help me build this city.When a guild joins they have option to help build on top of The capital or have option to build their own village.They will be given a TC tower and Alert tower and location and name is up to them.They will offcourse have to pay for all expenses and prominence points,also the option is there to have their own tag​
If you are individual player it will total of 100g(Anybody is welcome to join even if you are in different guild and just wanna roleplay)for untagged citizens will have the tag [Folk].This money will be used to expand the Hub and help pay for the taxes​
Benefits
The benefits of joining will be you will have stables to do all your training and breeding for your mounts,you will also will be able to use priest for all your red toons and all workbenches for your crafters/extractors to craft in peace.You will also be part of community which will be using public teamspeak so it is also social thing and a place where like minded players who dont want to tie down to a guild but still want to be able to socialze if wanted.​
Any feedback/ideas is greatly appreciated
Disclaimer:Each guild that joins will have it own politics if you have problem with certain guild in it and gone to extend to asset destruction please let me know.I also have right to kick whole guild or individual if they cause too much drama but in-general I am looking for neutral guilds​
I updated the information about folkvandr​

I'm sorry, been away awhile with work and school. I thought you had this town already up/planned? Did something happen or are you expanding.

Thread starter #184

Cearbhall

Exalted Member
I'm sorry, been away awhile with work and school. I thought you had this town already up/planned? Did something happen or are you expanding.
I started in mage field,real life took over.Gave it tuhtram he lost intrest and tower went down.

Kentalis tried pick it up but same like me Real life happened.I Tried to pick up again last week,did not go as planned.

Basically ever single time it falls through at the very last second.

One day this will happen, but I think Cearb, Tuhtram, and myself will all need to be playing and active at the same time for an extended period of time first.

Necromantic

Why is there no progress on this? At this rate AI will have to take over and we don't really have many people at the moment either but we get shit done! ;P

Thread starter #188

Cearbhall

Exalted Member
Why is there no progress on this? At this rate AI will have to take over and we don't really have many people at the moment either but we get shit done! ;P
In hospital for past 6 months and can play only on weekend if am lucky.I should be more frequently online now on weekends if it goes as plan

While I support this idea, I think it might be better taken in smaller steps. Perhaps a first goal would be to have a public registry of RP guilds. Who they are, their rp, their leadership, their goals, their locations, etc. (I personally like to give the majority of my attention to other RP guilds; it's more fun to know WHY someone is doing what they do. Otherwise I might as well play against the computer.)
Get more dialogue going among the guilds, see how their lore's intersect, start creating standards for RP with benchmarks, symbolism, colors, races involved. You have to know where people are at to move them.
Doing this might be much easier and helpful to the guilds you want to work with, and make for a more stable city in the long run.

Zyconnic

^ I like that idea Godkin.

Thread starter #194

Cearbhall

Exalted Member
I will be building along side Principality and since we have exactly same thing in mind I will be working along side him.

So finally after 2 years it is finally happening :D

Zyconnic

GZ Cearbhall! :) i will come visit

While I support this idea, I think it might be better taken in smaller steps. Perhaps a first goal would be to have a public registry of RP guilds. Who they are, their rp, their leadership, their goals, their locations, etc. (I personally like to give the majority of my attention to other RP guilds; it's more fun to know WHY someone is doing what they do. Otherwise I might as well play against the computer.)
Get more dialogue going among the guilds, see how their lore's intersect, start creating standards for RP with benchmarks, symbolism, colors, races involved. You have to know where people are at to move them.
Doing this might be much easier and helpful to the guilds you want to work with, and make for a more stable city in the long run.
and videos...!

Angelicus

Hand of The Emperor
Btw cearbhall, we are trying to make the keep look more like a castle, and we are going to build the first public section of the city in coming weeks, sooooo TS is something we need to catch you on.
Much much time on Mspaint. And we need to decide on layouts, sooooo yea.

Just don't pay some guild 5,000 gold to blow our hard work because you don't like a few people who live in the City..
Zazak, if you knew who I was you would know thats not the case. I love the sort of projects you and carebhall are undertaking and will support them in any was possible.