Fólkvangr-The Roleplaying City

Well guys, this was on Hiatus for a long time, but I'm finally in a position to start.

For reference, Tuthram, Cearbhall, and myself were planning on building a city that was open to the public, with a heavy emphasis on open RP, including those RP'ing bandits and such. Neither of them are playing currently, though I am trying to amend that.

I envision a sprawling city with several districts to accomadate different tastes and playstyles, A tindremic town, a guardless ghetto, etc, that can all be worked out at a later time with community input with a player run government composed of the leaders of each district, and political intrigue and community events aplenty.

What I want to know is if there is still community interest in this project? I'm in a position to start on this as soon as Monday in Sarducca by putting up a lot of my own gold, but I would like to gauge community interest as this is, at the end of the day, a project for the community. The location would be near Belrim and the jungle, with spawns aplenty nearby.

Well guys, this was on Hiatus for a long time, but I'm finally in a position to start.

For reference, Tuthram, Cearbhall, and myself were planning on building a city that was open to the public, with a heavy emphasis on open RP, including those RP'ing bandits and such. Neither of them are playing currently, though I am trying to amend that.

I envision a sprawling city with several districts to accomadate different tastes and playstyles, A tindremic town, a guardless ghetto, etc, that can all be worked out at a later time with community input with a player run government composed of the leaders of each district, and political intrigue and community events aplenty.

What I want to know is if there is still community interest in this project? I'm in a position to start on this as soon as Monday in Sarducca by putting up a lot of my own gold, but I would like to gauge community interest as this is, at the end of the day, a project for the community. The location would be near Belrim and the jungle, with spawns aplenty nearby.

Nuclear journeyed across the sands of Sarducca soon after the bridge went up.. We pushed further into the desert, finally arriving in Belrim. This has been our home since then, and we have a great vision to make it the seat of Sarducca. Kentalis came to us through a storm of sand, having also made this pilgrimage. As we know, only the worthy can survive the cleansing light of the great crater to make it to Belrim.

Kentalis told us the tale of how he had been wandering the land for years in search of place to set down a city the likes of which has never been seen. We told him of our own desires to bring civilization to the outskirts of Sarducca. To bring light where there is darkness. We now have a shared vision to make Belrim the first city of free people; Bound only to the land. It will be a place for the young and unsure, and for those that already know their path. We will guide the young to become children of Sarducca, and teach the old to follow the ways of the free people.

The settlers of Nuclear hope, as Kentalis does, that you will join us in this great undertaking.

May the great light wash over you...

Thank you Daniel.

I look forward to working with JUNO, NUKE, and EDEN to build and make both the NPC city Belrim and the nearby player-run RP stronghold a great place, but I need the community's help with this. Activity, inspiration, etc. What we have done is lay the bedrock for this, but it's going to be a pretty boring city without anyone there to enjoy it. :)

Hey guys I'm really interested in looking into a roleplaying side of this game and am wondering if anyone else is actively doing it? I'm generally not much of a forum poster but I feel I've had more fun reading some of the stories and ideas people have than I actually have playing the game. Not because the game isn't fun, but because there are just so many great minds and stories out there to hear and read. If this is the wrong place to post this I apologize in advance, I'm just looking for some like-minded players.

gotcher

Hey guys I'm really interested in looking into a roleplaying side of this game and am wondering if anyone else is actively doing it? I'm generally not much of a forum poster but I feel I've had more fun reading some of the stories and ideas people have than I actually have playing the game. Not because the game isn't fun, but because there are just so many great minds and stories out there to hear and read. If this is the wrong place to post this I apologize in advance, I'm just looking for some like-minded players.
Check Zeal, they are probably the most consistent ones in their RP

Is that a guild or? Sorry for the noob question but without knowledge that statement doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me :p

Zeal are a religious guild that attack anyone on site. They are really heavy RPers, and focus on PVP. There are fevv other RP guilds, JUNO and AI live in Sarducca, and so some RP. ID and RIT do some RP in Myrland as vvell.

gotcher

IF you want something new which RP elements contact me for guild name,

We live in good ideal town for RP and eventually going make our TC city one
Yeah, MagnaAtsu is goodness
Need any help?

Necromantic

Zeal are a religious guild that attack anyone on site. They are really heavy RPers, and focus on PVP.
If by RP you mean they are good (relative) at making up excuses to kill people I agree. :p

If by RP you mean they are good (relative) at making up excuses to kill people I agree. :p
It doesn't take much to be considered "RP", and honestly they put more effort in than most.

I do sometimes wonder if their famed "Religious documents" actually exist, or if they are more like SV's "Ancient Sweedish files waiting to be translated" which I doubt the existence of.

Azidano

But isn't all RP just coming up with excuses to do something?

gotcher

It doesn't take much to be considered "RP", and honestly they put more effort in than most.

I do sometimes wonder if their famed "Religious documents" actually exist, or if they are more like SV's "Ancient Sweedish files waiting to be translated" which I doubt the existence of.
When Godkin tried to recruit me, he totally was expecting some "truth" to be said by me. He confessed of being not into religion IRL though, so i don't and was pretty sarcastic in general, so i don't think it's anything serious

When Godkin tried to recruit me, he totally was expecting some "truth" to be said by me. He confessed of being not into religion IRL though, so i don't and was pretty sarcastic in general, so i don't think it's anything serious
Snazzy concept though. Guerilla warfare against the civilized builder tribes by raiding from the depths of the Jungle. I was tempted at one point. Only time I've ever really been tempted to RPK.

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member

Necromantic

But isn't all RP just coming up with excuses to do something?
If you are the kind of person that is completely pretentious in his RP, yes.

Good RP is about interaction and reaction and being part of an ongoing process, not about trying to manipulate a situation the way you want it to go.

Roleplay is a dynamic process.

If you want your own story the way you want it without giving in to circumstances stick to writing text outside of any actual player interaction.

If you are the kind of person that is completely pretentious in his RP, yes.

Good RP is about interaction and reaction and being part of an ongoing process, not about trying to manipulate a situation the way you want it to go.

If you want your own story the way you want it without giving in to circumstances stick to writing text outside of any actual player interaction.
I don't understand how it's pretentious. I'm creating an excuse (RP) to justify my actions in game.

I'm an exiled Tindremic Loyalist living in uncivilized lands, therefore this is the reason I want to build a walled keep and put in modern amenities, so that I can enjoy the taste of civilization I grew accustomed to in Tindrem out here in the wilds.

That sounds a lot better than "I put up walls so I don't get ganked by my keep while butchering".