Fish Encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shibaroo

Cronite Supporter
Has anyone successfully used those rod slots that are now avaliable?
Haven't even tried to myself... Just assumed it was another graphical issue associated with the patch/expansion. The slot never lights up when I select any items in my inventory to indicate "Hey! Drop that here!!". That slot used to be populated by the default Rod that you initiated fishing with. Would be weird to have a Rod already drawn, then the ability to drop another Rod on it as well... But hey, if you manage to accomplish something like that let me know! I might try just for the heck of it later when I get a chance to log in.

I was hoping it was a new creative way to get more out of your fishing experience by customizing your rod. Also a way to add more value to the wood working profession.

Ocean Water
105cm(was a rather shallow pool)
Hook Size 1
Quality Leather Bait

Anyone know what bait/hook to use to consistently catch mitten crab in ocean water?
Trade secrets... psh, like I care.

I just used the same set up I did for Oasis mitten fishing. In fact, it was the ONLY fish I was able to catch in the ocean the first time I tried.

I just used the same set up I did for Oasis mitten fishing. In fact, it was the ONLY fish I was able to catch in the ocean the first time I tried.

Send me a PM cause i'm doing it wrong. Please.

Send me a PM cause i'm doing it wrong. Please.
Maybe after I perfect my craft. :p As it stands, I'm having quite the trouble myself catching certain fish. One thing I will say, though: Fish really seem to like Full Grain Leather. It is by far the most consistent bait I've found.

Also, anyone know why it seems like it's impossible to catch fish with a hook size above 10? I get big splashes, but the hook never sets.

Maybe after I perfect my craft. :p As it stands, I'm having quite the trouble myself catching certain fish. One thing I will say, though: Fish really seem to like Full Grain Leather. It is by far the most consistent bait I've found.

Also, anyone know why it seems like it's impossible to catch fish with a hook size above 10? I get big splashes, but the hook never sets.

Yea i've been using fullgrain and quality leather. As well as compact horn, branches, different herbs and meats as well as other fish. I use the same set up as i use to get mitten crab in oases and have not caught a single one lol. I catch bassle all day tho :s

I'm currently going to a diff spot. Maybe that'll help.

Ever since the last few fishing 'fixes' it's been hard to catch anything at depth or with large hooks. Line breaks constantly, hard to see splashes, and you better reel in the freaking second the bite occurs or another line break. On top of it all its frequently hard to tell you even have a fish hooked at all.

At this point I rather the price of fish get nerfed more than how hard/annoying it has become to fish.

Yea i've been using fullgrain and quality leather. As well as compact horn, branches, different herbs and meats as well as other fish. I use the same set up as i use to get mitten crab in oases and have not caught a single one lol. I catch bassle all day tho :s

I'm currently going to a diff spot. Maybe that'll help.
Believe it or not, RAGS work well as bait too (the bottoms at least). I'd use them more, but I only have one set... and I like them. Redline Torp is a pretty reliable bait-fish in Oases. Haven't caught jack with Aloe Vera though, which makes me sad. I did successfully catch a fish in Myrland with water.

have you guys tried the more than common molarium in the dookie?
Don't got any. :/ I might just list off all my baits for common fish. It's really frickin' annoying as a new fisherman (like me) to not know anything about what's good for bait or not. I mean, I can put a freakin' worn shortsword on a hook as bait.

Believe it or not, RAGS work well as bait too (the bottoms at least). I'd use them more, but I only have one set... and I like them. Redline Torp is a pretty reliable bait-fish in Oases. Haven't caught jack with Aloe Vera though, which makes me sad. I did successfully catch a fish in Myrland with water.

I caught a fish with a bandie today. Cuprum/Silver/Gold also get bites. Twigs work too.

I've had a lot of nibbles using aloe, not a single bite though. Gallardia gets bites and am currently curious about moon sponge now that we're talking about plants.

Don't got any. :/ I might just list off all my baits for common fish. It's really frickin' annoying as a new fisherman (like me) to not know anything about what's good for bait or not. I mean, I can put a freakin' worn shortsword on a hook as bait.

I couldn't care less about secrets and competition. Especially when fishing.

I couldn't care less about secrets and competition. Especially when fishing.
fair enough.
...Meh, might as well make fishing easier for future generations.

Here's what I've caught and what bait I used (catch--bait):
Bassle--Redline Torp, Full Grain Leather, Gippu
Redline Torp--Leathers, Redline Torp (cannibals!)
Beekfish--Reline Torp, Leathers, Bassle?
Gippu--Redline Torp, Gippu (this one makes me fair bit of change)
Quett--Redline Torp, Quality Leather?, Gippu?
Mitten Crab--Quality Leather, Full Grain Leather, Redline Torp?

Quett's been the hardest to catch for me. Haven't tried too much ocean fishing, but you can catch mitten crab there too.

WARNING: If you use a fish as bait, reset your rig after you catch a fish of the same name as your bait. The catch will automatically be added to your bait, so if you lose the bait, you'll lose everything you caught.

fair enough.
...Meh, might as well make fishing easier...
Does your fisherman's name start with a T and end with an A? Your rhetoric and warning there is very familiar.

Thanks for info btw :)

Try using quett at depth to catch more quett.

I can't wait to make....

...wait for it...

...Ambrosial Raw Pigg.

Pantero

I caught a fish, it was worth 53c at the vendor. It was Brown. I think it was a quett. I used five fingers at elbow depth in someone's backpack.

I caught a fish had a syringe in its neck found out it was a drug haddock

Status
Not open for further replies.