Fish Encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just one new one today :(. Dont' think it's been posted yet -

edit: incase you're putting down record catches again -

CAGEFISH 30 c , 50 c meat

How much meat do you get from a stack? :)
I got a decent setup for cage/tail and have a stack of each atm but i really dont wanna sub my butcher account so thinking of selling but don't know what to sell for

Fishing gives the best dye colors, the best soph materials, some of the best additives for foods and potions... and some of the nice gold per hour, if you have the time to do so... and will to learn the casts. There is much already listed in the thread if you take the time to go through it.

Misora

depends if you good or not, and if you can figure out what to fish with, leathers work good for whatever reason, Try at 3250 down if you can find the spot for it in tindrem, can catch some sand rays, worth a decent amount, them, silks, venomcup, and black creft are some of the more valuble fish in myrland, calx fish aint bad either

I would like to ask, if someone can tell me the best set up for calx fish and black creft. Been getting those, but very very few. And not very consistant.

Obtained DURP in Sarducaa
When butchered it gives you meat and scales.
Price at vendor is fish 14 c, meat 55c and scales 1 c
Got three four new types of fish in Sarducaa
STRAYFISH 9c at vendor, 22 c meat
CAGEFISH 30 c , 50 c meat
ARROWFISH 1c, 6 c meat

MALSHARK 40 c, 140 meat

To add some vendor prices (don't have a butcher atm)
Beekfish - 2c
Tailfish - 21c
Meck Eel - 58c
Bassle - 1c
Gippu - 54c
Mitten Crab - 17c
Redline Torp - 16c

So a question for you Sarduccian fishermen: does it seem as if the Sard fish are just a reflection of the Myrland fish but with different names and images?

Pantero

I used a silver coin as bait. Caught 3 of the new fish and mitten crab. Though they sell for very little and have very small yields I noticed. Butchering probably helps, I suppose it still feels like it's easy to fish, but isolating the catch you want from the trash is the hard part.

I used a silver coin as bait. Caught 3 of the new fish and mitten crab. Though they sell for very little and have very small yields I noticed. Butchering probably helps, I suppose it still feels like it's easy to fish, but isolating the catch you want from the trash is the hard part.
Try quality leather. should have better yields for mitten crab, though hook size could make a big difference.

So a question for you Sarduccian fishermen: does it seem as if the Sard fish are just a reflection of the Myrland fish but with different names and images?
I'd say no, Favonius
fish in Sarducca seems to be much more "linked to locations" and not almost everywhere like in Myrland.
Lots of fish give you scales in Sarducaa, and large hooks seem to be much less efficient than in Myrland.

I have not experienced any similarity at all... apart from the fact that there is one place in Sarducca where you can catch only Myrland fish and not Sarducaan, which is a bit weird.

Can anyone confirm for me whether or not hooks size 10 and larger are bugged? I seem to get a lot of big splashes but the hook never sets.

Got two new fish today
RODSPINE (vendor price 30c, meat 98c)
CONGER EAL (vendor price 2c, it seems it cannot be butchered... though Herius said it should, he is looking into it)

Carb fish sells for 27c at vendor, meat for 60c

Just realized that this one wasn't posted yet -

I mean i guess this should be a bug thread but not totally sure where the bug is.

Been fishing in Ducaa alot and sometimes i'll set the hook and get the reel-in animation... play that out til i land the fish. Then i get nothing, no message in chat, nothing new in inventory, nothing lost, nothing gained.

This seems to always happen when i'm pretty late on setting the hook. Not sure if it's an invisible fish or just a bug with when i set the hook or... idk

Didn't want to put in ANOTHER bug report without some hard info :p. Anyone else experience this? and maybe do some good testing to understand the bug more?

Status
Not open for further replies.