Free to Play Limitations explained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Gilder

Well since this is partly an Big Mystery I would like to ask about this.

Would someone be able to line out the complete F2P limitations in place ?

What are the concrete restrictions.
How effective are these restrictions.
Where exactly starts the value of an item you cant carry.

All such stuff.

The Restrictions in itself are not clear anyways.
And most are using terms like valuable items ot skill limit 60.

But what that means is entirely unclear.

So if I butcher an Animal there are several skills I need.
Now if all are at 60 does that mean you get 60% of what an Premium Player gets.
Same for Combat skills.
Are you basicly 60% of an normal players Damage and so on.

Then the valuable stuff.
What exactly is an valuable item how is this defined.

What skills can an F2P player reach in the first place.
He cant reach Heavy Armor training yet its not really statet somewhere.
Its statet he cant use thiefery I think.

Greetz Gilder
ps thanks in advance :p

MolagAmur

F2P is useless. Speed is everything in this game, as well as stats. Without proper stats you are good as dead. Don't try it.

Diphling

The Desperado
F2P is useless. Speed is everything in this game, as well as stats. Without proper stats you are good as dead. Don't try it.
Quit being such a poopy pants. For top tier PVP speed is a must, but not to try the game out and enjoy it for every other aspect.

WHat about damage for free players how bad does this effect the damage? I was going to max speed with a pet and roll as a archer. Will I live or die?

Whats the chance of this game going full f2p with a item shop? or buy to play? I really hate paying monthly =P

Can I build a house or a tower as a free player?

Necromantic

All skills are capped to 60 instead of 100, the only skills you can't get are the thievery related ones, you can't build a house, some items can not be traded to free characters. Those are really the biggest things.

And free to play is when you get to play for free, duhr, so it is free, you even get all the content aside from being able to be a thief yourself. Just because some min-maxers can't live with the fact that you don't need all your skills completely maxed in every situation or with every build doesn't mean it's not free to play.

All skills are capped to 60 instead of 100, the only skills you can't get are the thievery related ones, you can't build a house, some items can not be traded to free characters. Those are really the biggest things.

And free to play is when you get to play for free, duhr, so it is free, you even get all the content aside from being able to be a thief yourself. Just because some min-maxers can't live with the fact that you don't need all your skills completely maxed in every situation or with every build doesn't mean it's not free to play.
You literally did nothing for this thread.

But if the game was fully f2p with a item shop with pets mounts and things like that OR buy to play with a item shop that would be sweet. I understand my skill cant get up to 100 but how would a f2p archer look vs a p2p archer? As far as damage.

What if I see a p2p player and they dont see me I get a few shots off on them with a long bow or something would I stand a chance?

Necromantic

You literally did nothing for this thread.
I've literally answered the questions that were asked even yours factually.
Everyone else was literally going off topic and hence did nothing for this thread.
There are many skills and attributes involved in things like damage calculations for example and they are not all linear. So you can't really say how much less damage you do. You have to look the complete setup and evaluate it on a build to build basis.

But continue telling all the people that actually answer questions that they are not doing anything for anything. You'll get a lot of questions answered that way.

Thread starter #9

Gilder

So to sum it up.

Nobody actually knows what exact limits the F2P has because theyre so bad that even after half an year theres no real F2P community.....

Dont get this wrong I am an older Player.
I hoped to hear that something changed.
Or that someone has found out the limits by now.

I hoped to be proven wrong on what I said half a year ago.
(I said that this wannabe F2P system wont get players into the Game as its not possible to play on it properly)

But it seems I was right with my statements.....

Greetz

I do not even know how the game is free to play is it free to play for 30 days or what that's what it says in the terms of service. And what i mean is the i saw some people play free to play quite a lot and have no limits.

Kora

Silver Supporter
In my opinion fully F2P with an item shop is a bad idea because it completely makes crafters useless. Why would someone buy crafted goods if they could just make another free account to craft their own items. Right now at least the F2P can't really make good crafters.

As it is.. the gatherers are pretty well screwed already unless you go gather something that takes high skill to get. I used to be able to sell granum all day long for 5g per stack... now I sit in town and try forever til I just get tired and bank it. Its too easy for someone to just make a F2P account and mine their own granum.

Kora

Silver Supporter
I know how to extract and refine, but thank you for the advice ;)

Tehmudjin

We fougth IX with f2p accounts before our alliance. We killed alot of them before Garahel logged in and fucked me up.
Like you say, the movement speed is what pushes it over the playable edge. You cant chase wounded players and you cant run away and heal. Other then that its kinda semi-playable.

Thread starter #17

Gilder

Well problem is Semi Playable aint enough ^^

Also theres other stuff as well.

F2P Player has 60 in all Skills
He cant learn Havy Armor training and cant even skill out Armor Training.
So he can basicly at best reach an EQ weight of 9-11....

And this dras a whole rat tail after it.
His Crafting Skills are also only 60 so everything he crafts has lower dura and higher weight.
Well the Dura is not really mattering but the higher weight will kill any chance to sell the item on the market and at the same time makes it impossible to carry it yourself cause you anyways got lower EQ limit..

As if thats not enough you also are getting far less in all extractions.
Means except the basic raw materials you cant really sell at the same price cause you need far more materials.
Buying Mats to extract em is wholly impossible cause you would get less out of it than its worth.
So you are limited to being the lowest step of the chain and even there your basicly wasting alot of mats.

So result.

1. F2P Player cant outrun anyone in PvP which means that any halfwat decent PvPer will just heal himself while not giving you the chance to do that.

2. F2P Player cant carry anything but light Armor for Archers and Mages despite being the slower one....

3. F2P Player can not craft EQ for himself.

4. F2P Player cant compete on the market because his crafted stuff is worthless and his production price is much higher.

So in overall result.
This is not even an Trial Account actually....

Its not even showing you the good features of the game.
Its basicly an account for lower class worker toons which can be used for Mining and Farming and then give the stuff to Paid Accounts.

Tehmudjin

1. F2P Player cant outrun anyone in PvP which means that any halfwat decent PvPer will just heal himself while not giving you the chance to do that.
Yes, you need to kill him fast as fuck. Or hope he is overagressive and fight to the death without healing.

2. F2P Player cant carry anything but light Armor for Archers and Mages despite being the slower one....
I can can carry 18 equipment om my f2p fighter, so thats decent at least.

3. F2P Player can not craft EQ for himself.

4. F2P Player cant compete on the market because his crafted stuff is worthless and his production price is much higher.
Yeah, dont even talk about crafting on a F2P account.

Kora

Silver Supporter
Its basicly an account for lower class worker toons which can be used for Mining and Farming and then give the stuff to Paid Accounts.

I hate this but its the truth. It's why raw materials don't sell anymore. I have a refiner but also used to enjoy just selling raw materials for quick cash so I can get back to doing the things I really like doing on my main character. I've noticed those materials don't really sell anymore and I assume it's because most people have f2p to gather their own.

Thread starter #20

Gilder

Yes, you need to kill him fast as fuck. Or hope he is overagressive and fight to the death without healing.

I can can carry 18 equipment om my f2p fighter, so thats decent at least.

Yeah, dont even talk about crafting on a F2P account.

How the fuck did you manage to get up to 18 ?????
Former Paid Account which still had Heavy Armor skilled ?

Note that F2P cant learn Heavy Armor at all as they can never reach Armor 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.