Ghost mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Maxiumus

Cuprum Supporter
Get rid of it. Its laggy as hell normally, broken as hell can be used to spy when you are DEAD! with the new population shits broken to a ridiculous level. you die in tindrem or mk, forget ghost mode during the high pop times. I think an alternative should be thought up.

(i run a pretty damn good gaming comp, took me 30 min to get from middle of mk gy to the scaffold in ghost mode because of the massive lag. averaging like 1 frame a minute if im lucky. )

I never lag in ghost mod 0_0 and you cant spy on people fps is probably to do with your internet or ping I never have less then 120 ghost mod or not.....

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Get rid of it. Its laggy as hell normally, broken as hell can be used to spy when you are DEAD! with the new population shits broken to a ridiculous level. you die in tindrem or mk, forget ghost mode during the high pop times. I think an alternative should be thought up.

(i run a pretty damn good gaming comp, took me 30 min to get from middle of mk gy to the scaffold in ghost mode because of the massive lag. averaging like 1 frame a minute if im lucky. )
   Everyone is aware that in MO you can't see players while dead; at least, I hope so. Additional things could be made invisible or ghostly (translucent, untargetable) during death, but it's close to being a state in which you cannot find out useful information (much closer than it used to be). It's also slow and punitive for many of us because speed after death is hopelessly related to attributes that should only matter while we are alive.

   But these issues aside, the death effect in Mortal Online is way overdone in both sound and graphics, so I'm not amazed that it makes people lag, a lot.

   In some or even in all places, I would be willing to trade it for an alternative that took just as much (no more) time.

Pantero

Sometimes it bugs out and you can see players when in ghost mode. You can always see peoples pets which can be a huge giveaway as well.

Ghost mode seemed better for me last night. I forgot they changed it until I died a horrible death to some nasty invaders who came to befoul the wonderful town of Fabernum. Anyway, ghost mode seemed better. The sound was still crackling but it wasn't lagging like it usually did for me. Definitely progress. Unless I just got lucky that particular time. Will have to suicide later and test if it's always smoother.

I'm so certain it's something to do with ambient sound. I wish they would just completely remove the ambience sound slider from the game and either merge it with the music slider. Or make it a simple on off tick box. Because it doesn't seem to do anything on mine anyway.

Super_ted

On my red i seem too always see people in ghost mode

Maximiliuss

I would like it if they added a "return to home priest". It's the main reason I hate ghost mode.

Example, If you die in Sarduccan Jungle, it takes you an HOUR to ghost back to Toxai. Is there another way you can punish my death besides burning an hour of my play time? Thanks!

Zarckon

Trial Member
Ive never had fps or lag problems with ghost mode
Ive had being able to see people bug tho
(Played since 2013)

jether

I would like it if they added a "return to home priest". It's the main reason I hate ghost mode.

Example, If you die in Sarduccan Jungle, it takes you an HOUR to ghost back to Toxai. Is there another way you can punish my death besides burning an hour of my play time? Thanks!
Think of it like purgatory and think about your mistakes as you take the walk of ghostly shame to the nearest priest.

Maximiliuss

Think of it like purgatory and think about your mistakes as you take the walk of ghostly shame to the nearest priest.

Which is why I don't go to Sardoodoo.

I am not wasting 1hr of my time. I can cause much more grief in Myrland.

Status
Not open for further replies.