Gloria Victis

Keurk

One thing I do admire about the team behind GV is the impressive amount of regular updates they put out. It’s only 12 January and they’ve already release 2 rather big updates (there was a 440 MB update that got pushed out on Steam today). Just looking at their updates page gave me a good impression of them: https://steamcommunity.com/games/327070/announcements/

I have one request to all GV players reading this, if I may. Can anyone confirm if all of what is written on this features page is implemented and working in the game at present? I saw the words “Living open world” on the site’s main page so I decided to look into it further (I hope it doesn’t disappoint me like so many mmos that have used the same or similar phrase have over the years): https://www.gloriavictisgame.com/en/features-weather
yes it is pretty functional and complete, they do trully update well and communicate well with their playerbases.
They reward players finding dupes and cheats
Yes the feature page is true. Pve , crafting system, some housing/building elements (not as deep as MO but it works very well in GV the way it is added ammong other features ) pvp that is more simple than MO but decent, and kinda balanced except few op things,but the open world pvp is more balanced than MO,you can kite quite well and dodge arrows,you not taken down by mounteds^^ but by solid archers most of the time etc.

Equipement is quite realistic and based on the historical equipements. The way the crafting system works is simple, but deep and very interesting rewarding all kind of farms, there is not really anything useless

Pve is very rewarding : money, items, gears, blueprints for crafting, little treasures , exp ,tittle etc

Also, you can purely and simply level your char by doing pvp, and follow the groups always raiding here and here and you gonna level very fast.
Simply do /request playername looking at one of a group member and it will escalate the request to someone able to invite you, then you see all your group on the map and can instantly notice where is the fight,where will be the next one, and such things. finding pvp in GV is very easy

yes it is pretty functional and complete, they do trully update well and communicate well with their playerbases.
They reward players finding dupes and cheats
Yes the feature page is true. Pve , crafting system, some housing/building elements (not as deep as MO but it works very well in GV the way it is added ammong other features ) pvp that is more simple than MO but decent, and kinda balanced except few op things,but the open world pvp is more balanced than MO,you can kite quite well and dodge arrows,you not taken down by mounteds^^ but by solid archers most of the time etc.

Equipement is quite realistic and based on the historical equipements. The way the crafting system works is simple, but deep and very interesting rewarding all kind of farms, there is not really anything useless

Pve is very rewarding : money, items, gears, blueprints for crafting, little treasures , exp ,tittle etc

Also, you can purely and simply level your char by doing pvp, and follow the groups always raiding here and here and you gonna level very fast.
Simply do /request playername looking at one of a group member and it will escalate the request to someone able to invite you, then you see all your group on the map and can instantly notice where is the fight,where will be the next one, and such things. finding pvp in GV is very easy
Very good points. As for the time of day affecting npc behaviour and spawns, seasons affecting crops, and weather affecting heat levels generated by heavy armour. Do these features work as advertised?

Keurk

Very good points. As for the time of day affecting npc behaviour and spawns, seasons affecting crops, and weather affecting heat levels generated by heavy armour. Do these features work as advertised?
i do not think there is any penaltie with heat and heavy armor atm but i m not sure. I dont really play GV,just have the game installed, doing a bit of pvp from time to time,but i am not enought aknowledged on this. i have seen people harvesting crops, i don't know if the weather and such things did affect it at all.

As you can see I dont come here often these days but i still have very fond memories of the game and the players I played with but that in no way means I ever plan to play MO again.
I have fond memories of a lot of games I quit, but I have never been back to haunt the forums of any of them. especially of the games I constantly complain about.

Move on already son

I have fond memories of a lot of games I quit, but I have never been back to haunt the forums of any of them. especially of the games I constantly complain about.

Move on already son
you probably did that but you also probably did not make much friends or been trully in the community, did not attach yourself to the things arround so had no envy to come back to it. Coming back to check mo forum,who's arround etc imply we did not move only to you. nobody here said we gonna play mo again , all here tried to help and suggest things for MO good, and most of us still do, even without playing it.
You probably don't care,but personally i met a few people in MO then met thoses people in real life ,one of them is a super good friend of mine now, we often talk about mo, about some nostalgia feelings, he also comes on the forum from time to time, look a video, look at some posts or patchnotes. we will always check the forums ,it became a habbit, but you most likely will never see us ingame anymore
Like you give good advices or wanna support somebody you like, without doing your life with him/her, by just being kind,talking, or sharing things,taking some news .Nothing particularry hard to understand ,with a bit of objectivity ...

Last edited:
Thread starter #46
Yes these are all in game in various forms but likely not the finished product, for example when growing crops you need to water or they die, if its raining you dont need to water. You can also destroy enemy crops which is fun. Different mobs are around different times like foxes who are only around at dusk or night. Not alway super complex but cool little features.

Another cool thing is some guild owned castles have walled mines and farms but unlike mortal 1 or 2 players can break down the gates with cheap axes and raid them. The whole game is about fun but with cool building/crafting built around it. For me its the game I have been looking for a long time and if anyone wants to play.

COME JOIN OUR WALL
** Skip to 4:00 for a fun little tactic we employed, watch as no warrior wants to run into the open doorway and when they do they die. hehe

Yes these are all in game in various forms but likely not the finished product, for example when growing crops you need to water or they die, if its raining you dont need to water. You can also destroy enemy crops which is fun. Different mobs are around different times like foxes who are only around at dusk or night. Not alway super complex but cool little features.

Another cool thing is some guild owned castles have walled mines and farms but unlike mortal 1 or 2 players can break down the gates with cheap axes and raid them. The whole game is about fun but with cool building/crafting built around it. For me its the game I have been looking for a long time and if anyone wants to play.

COME JOIN OUR WALL
** Skip to 4:00 for a fun little tactic we employed, watch as no warrior wants to run into the open doorway and when they do they die. hehe
Maybe it's just because i haven't played but GV honestly seems a little carebear compared to MO. Is that not a factor because the entertainment value of quick pvp is so high?

I'm not insulting the game it looks great, just a few things pop out like limited looting and no friendly fire that its surprising so many MO players are ok with it, when in MO it would pop a vein even suggesting things like that.

Maybe it's just because i haven't played but GV honestly seems a little carebear compared to MO. Is that not a factor because the entertainment value of quick pvp is so high?

I'm not insulting the game it looks great, just a few things pop out like limited looting and no friendly fire that its surprising so many MO players are ok with it, when in MO it would pop a vein even suggesting things like that.
it is way way more casual than mortal. But this make it a fun and way less tedious /grindy game for many reasons, including the ones you mentionned. If you die and get looted ,you will miss a thing or two but nothing too hard to replace so you can go fast again at what you want to do. If you die, you respawn with your loot if you not looted and don't waste your time going back to your loot to get it for example. way less hardcore. But i can definitly see what they do good and why even super hardcore pvpers like it.

yes the game is much more carebear but that comes with tradeoffs, and those are what makes it ok.

First of all the steam charts are 6x mortal. And the game also has non steam users so it is prob 6x mortals pop if not more. Part of why the game has this many players is because nubs dont get dry looted 24/7. Heres a generic mo scenario. MO a nub grinds gy to buy a crap ironbone set. Goes back into gy. Gets dunked in seconds by vet standing there trying to find pointless low tier gy pvp. Nub comes back, got dry looted by vet who can prob make over 100 sets in mats on his crafter or with guild crafter. Start over. Repeat. Also the flagging system is 100000x better than mo's. More on that later.

Because there isnt full looting people actually take fights they might not win. MO its hard to get anyone to leave their gz or tc without a zerg because they are too worried about this pixels.

The reduced looting just makes the game less tedious. you dont need to spend forever re gearing every time you dont win.

Also it promotes usign good gear, cuz you wont lose all of it if you die so its less of a big loss. V mortal for a logn time it was molarim steel wep online. To this day I still scroach in mo cuz I might just get zerged or something anyway.

I can still loot people which still makes it more satisfying than most other games. If they are in high end gear even just taking their torso is good.

some other perks to the game that arent related to the carebear stuff-
The being able to raid and take enemy towns that usually end up having guys come to reclaim is something mo should have had years ago. Its the more meaningful pvp they hinted at with the faction system that we didnt actually get.

Speaking of factions. The flagging and faction syustem is 100000x better than MO's broken one. Mortal flagging needed a rework 8 years ago. I've not once been killed by a friendly faction member or killed another (although I did want to once lol). I have also had no issue finding people to attack. Mortal you once again have nubs just getting slaughtered left and right no matter where they are. You have blues killing them in gy then afking their murdercount in the bank. It just doesnt work. The gloria faction system makes bad noob areas safe for nubs but if you want to do anything good you need to be in a lootable pvp zone usually on the territory line to fight enemies. And you dont need to worry about "friendlys" randomly jumping you.

So yes the game is definitely a little more carebear than I would like. I wish you had more looting points at least and that the looting window was like 2x just to up the stakes a little. But the fact that I can get small scale pvp that is usually actually fun (not tons of mounted pets armor ignoring magic weakspots fist weapons etc), and I can still loot gear better than the trash I'm using makes it very tolerable. And the game actually promoting doing fun stuff is always a plus.

I will say that I wish the game had a bit more content, I'm hoping I dont get bored. And I wish there were more diverse playstyles. All you can do pvp wise really is be a heavy fighter, or a light armor archer. With a little bit of variation in bewtween and with weapons. But I guess this isnt that bad because it at least makes the balance better. It gets hard to balance when you start throwing in lots of factors. so idk how bad it really is.

end kidna long messy review lol

Last edited:
Thread starter #50
yes the game is much more carebear but that comes with tradeoffs, and those are what makes it ok.

First of all the steam charts are 6x mortal. And the game also has non steam users so it is prob 6x mortals pop if not more. Part of why the game has this many players is because nubs dont get dry looted 24/7. Heres a generic mo scenario. MO a nub grinds gy to buy a crap ironbone set. Goes back into gy. Gets dunked in seconds by vet standing there trying to find pointless low tier gy pvp. Nub comes back, got dry looted by vet who can prob make over 100 sets in mats on his crafter or with guild crafter. Start over. Repeat. Also the flagging system is 100000x better than mo's. More on that later.

Because there isnt full looting people actually take fights they might not win. MO its hard to get anyone to leave their gz or tc without a zerg because they are too worried about this pixels.

The reduced looting just makes the game less tedious. you dont need to spend forever re gearing every time you dont win.

Also it promotes usign good gear, cuz you wont lose all of it if you die so its less of a big loss. V mortal for a logn time it was molarim steel wep online. To this day I still scroach in mo cuz I might just get zerged or something anyway.

I can still loot people which still makes it more satisfying than most other games. If they are in high end gear even just taking their torso is good.

some other perks to the game that arent related to the carebear stuff-
The being able to raid and take enemy towns that usually end up having guys come to reclaim is something mo should have had years ago. Its the more meaningful pvp they hinted at with the faction system that we didnt actually get.

Speaking of factions. The flagging and faction syustem is 100000x better than MO's broken one. Mortal flagging needed a rework 8 years ago. I've not once been killed by a friendly faction member or killed another (although I did want to once lol). I have also had no issue finding people to attack. Mortal you once again have nubs just getting slaughtered left and right no matter where they are. You have blues killing them in gy then afking their murdercount in the bank. It just doesnt work. The gloria faction system makes bad noob areas safe for nubs but if you want to do anything good you need to be in a lootable pvp zone usually on the territory line to fight enemies. And you dont need to worry about "friendlys" randomly jumping you.

So yes the game is definitely a little more carebear than I would like. I wish you had more looting points at least and that the looting window was like 2x just to up the stakes a little. But the fact that I can get small scale pvp that is usually actually fun (not tons of mounted pets armor ignoring magic weakspots fist weapons etc), and I can still loot gear better than the trash I'm using makes it very tolerable. And the game actually promoting doing fun stuff is always a plus.

I will say that I wish the game had a bit more content, I'm hoping I dont get bored. And I wish there were more diverse playstyles. All you can do pvp wise really is be a heavy fighter, or a light armor archer. With a little bit of variation in bewtween and with weapons. But I guess this isnt that bad because it at least makes the balance better. It gets hard to balance when you start throwing in lots of factors. so idk how bad it really is.

end kidna long messy review lol
Brilliant summary and much better than I could manage. Few other points I like:

1. New content is added frequently and unlike MO isnt broken and OP
2. There are world quests that pop and are often contested based upon territory control and or just by people looking for PVP
3. The devs are releasing content but in small batches so I am sure new game styles will come in time
4. Castle sieges(SOW) are timed siege windows that allow players to prepare a defense and usually mean we get brilliant large scale fights usually more than once a week yet all you need to do to participate is rock up, no grinding for expensive kit, no running hours of boulders... This game is all about the fun
5. Politics - Three faction PVP just works, DAOC used it brilliantly and so does GV. There is such bitter hateful rivalry between the factions, constant incorrect accusations of working together, guild rivalries both between factions and even within factions. Its like MO was in Dawn.
6. Gear doesnt require killing, butchering, crafting and thus hours of work, you can craft it or buy it at a fair price on the AH. No grind
7. Being able to level up via PVP, nuff said
8, Safe zones make up a small percentage of the map and I dont mind it really though would be cool if factions could declare war once a week on a capital city!

Anyway the game is fun as hell and can be enjoyed by hardcore players and casuals alike with almost no penalty so its perfect for me!

Plop

Yeah like I said, not knocking the game it looks plenty fun. If i wasn't so heavily invested in MO i'd probably give it a shot.

Kinda points to what makes MO so unique though. I don't even think it's fair to compare GV to MO, because they are attempting vastly different things.

Thanks for the responses

ts surprising so many MO players are ok with it, when in MO it would pop a vein even suggesting things like that.
People are always saying they *demand* this or that from a game, but when it comes down to it, they'll often be found playing (some other game) without it. Popping a vein on a forum is easymode.

Thread starter #53
People are always saying they *demand* this or that from a game, but when it comes down to it, they'll often be found playing (some other game) without it. Popping a vein on a forum is easymode.
People will overlook imperfections in a super fun game, not so much in buggy grindy game that seems to be getting less fun and less balanced by the patch

GV is a mix of select elements from WoW, DAoC and MO, from what I’ve experienced so far.

Definitely not a game I would compare with MO because it is somewhat of a different beast. But it’s still fun in its own way, and last time I checked the peak population was 699 in the last 30 days on Steam charts.

Figuring things out — And making mistakes — along the way as I play definitely reminds me of MO though. :)

Thread starter #55
GV is a mix of select elements from WoW, DAoC and MO, from what I’ve experienced so far.

Definitely not a game I would compare with MO because it is somewhat of a different beast. But it’s still fun in its own way, and last time I checked the peak population was 699 in the last 30 days on Steam charts.

Figuring things out — And making mistakes — along the way as I play definitely reminds me of MO though. :)
I am interested to know which WOW elements? Primarily I find GV is a blend of MO/DAOC which is fine by me as its taken the good parts of both.

I am interested to know which WOW elements? Primarily I find GV is a blend of MO/DAOC which is fine by me as its taken the good parts of both.
The perks tree feels very reminiscent of WoW’s talents tree, and the generic go-fetch-kill quests that take you from village to village in your faction. But that’s about it.