Gods of Nave??

You forget their older brother Paladine God of War and the Guardian of the Greater Good. If Umbra ever defeats Soldeus and gets his hands on the Greater Good held for protection by Paladine, it is prophesied that the sky will cry blood and the sea will swallow the world to cleanse it. This is called the Age of Ragnarok.

Umbra like his brothers and sisters has minions fighting his war for him cause gods are not allowed to touch what they have created, only give blessing or curses. So while Umbra corrupts souls and creatures alike, Soldeus and Paladine much rather likes things that grows instead of destroying. Paladine although is a knowledge seeker and a strong believer of the shield, so many brotherhoods or Knightly Orders dedicated to him might bear a shield or something on their banners and emblems.

Soldeus went all out like a "hippy" and didnt care much of his brothers growing shadows nor his dealings.
Paladine was watching for a long time, training, preparing himself until he decides its time to take charge of this growing problem.

His plans yet secret..........
This must be player created as Ragnorak is in real life the end times of norse mythology in which Fenris\freyr son of loki a forever growing wolf is released by Surtr and brings about the death of Odin who's neck is ripped apart by fenris inturn fenris is killed by Thor as for paladine he is the main god in the novels written by margret Weis and Tracy Hickman known as The Dragon Lance series he is the god of good and warriors and is said to have left pern the world of dragon lance

RhodriTaliesin

Cronite Supporter
You forget their older brother Paladine God of War and the Guardian of the Greater Good. If Umbra ever defeats Soldeus and gets his hands on the Greater Good held for protection by Paladine, it is prophesied that the sky will cry blood and the sea will swallow the world to cleanse it. This is called the Age of Ragnarok.

Umbra like his brothers and sisters has minions fighting his war for him cause gods are not allowed to touch what they have created, only give blessing or curses. So while Umbra corrupts souls and creatures alike, Soldeus and Paladine much rather likes things that grows instead of destroying. Paladine although is a knowledge seeker and a strong believer of the shield, so many brotherhoods or Knightly Orders dedicated to him might bear a shield or something on their banners and emblems.

Soldeus went all out like a "hippy" and didnt care much of his brothers growing shadows nor his dealings.
Paladine was watching for a long time, training, preparing himself until he decides its time to take charge of this growing problem.

Sorry to partake in the necro, but honestly Badman, I don't think anyone who previously contributed through RP based Lore and whatnot really appreciates your god-moding and highjacking of their ideas. I certainly do not, but I wont pretend to speak for everyone else.

Baal Hammon demands sacrifice!!!!!!!!!

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Sorry to partake in the necro, but honestly Badman, I don't think anyone who previously contributed through RP based Lore and whatnot really appreciates your god-moding and highjacking of their ideas. I certainly do not, but I wont pretend to speak for everyone else.
You have a point.

Paladine, if a good god, would be one of the creations of Soldeus for the assistance and inspiration of mankind. It might be useful and acceptable to think of him as a younger brother, but in essence he would be-- as all the good, lesser gods are-- an offspring of Soldeus. That is our view of the Radiant Lord's creation.

Umbra has created nothing but has, from the beginning, twisted the creations of Soldeus and of Nave. It is important to realise this.

Your statements of a lack of caring about the Darkness and the Shadows on the part of Soldeus would be heresy if you were one of His believers, and are benighted ignorance even if you are not. You betray a lack of understanding of the primal, generic, present and unending opposition & struggle of the Darkness against the Light and vice versa.
I will direct you to the scripture of the Church of Soldeus, and invite you to ask questions so that with the Grace of the Radiant Lord you may enlighten yourself.​

In the meantime, lest you deceive the faithful or the wavering, as His priestess and acting abbess of the Ordo Lucius, in the Name of Soldeus I pronounce your words concerning Him to be spurious at best and at worst anathema. May He have mercy upon you.

Tehmudjin

Hodor is the only God and Tehmudjin is his prophet.

there are four guttersnipe gods that we worship.

Ornold and his father Ornoldicus
HUNTZMAN and Bofis

Vizeran

there are four guttersnipe gods that we worship.

Ornold and his father Ornoldicus
HUNTZMAN and Bofis
What about Avernus? Think I found that in the archives one day. But whos kidding, Guts dont rp :eek: (at least as far as ive ever seen or heard)

Xhodan Xeus

Henrik is the CEO, and the man behind the idea of MO, he says what will and will not be....
so the God of ALL GODS is HENRIK!!!!!!!!!

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
You have a point.Paladine, if a good god, would be one of the creations of Soldeus for the assistance and inspiration of mankind. It might be useful and acceptable to think of him as a younger brother, but in essence he would be-- as all the good, lesser gods are-- an offspring of Soldeus. That is our view of the Radiant Lord's creation.

Umbra has created nothing but has, from the beginning, twisted the creations of Soldeus and of Nave. It is important to realise this.

Your statements of a lack of caring about the Darkness and the Shadows on the part of Soldeus would be heresy if you were one of His believers, and are benighted ignorance even if you are not. You betray a lack of understanding of the primal, generic, present and unending opposition & struggle of the Darkness against the Light and vice versa.
I will direct you to the scripture of the Church of Soldeus, and invite you to ask questions so that with the Grace of the Radiant Lord you may enlighten yourself.​

In the meantime, lest you deceive the faithful or the wavering, as His priestess and acting abbess of the Ordo Lucius, in the Name of Soldeus I pronounce your words concerning Him to be spurious at best and at worst anathema. May He have mercy upon you.
Paladine was first supposed to be the brother of Soldeus and Umbra, but Umbra had changed from brother to son. Since that changed I also changed.

King Malachi I: The great thing about religion is that multiple people can have different views on the same things. In the religion I made we now view Umbra as a son of Soldeus and not his brother (I Wanted Umbra to be more of tragic and believable character). Its your choice if you want to change to reflect this or just continue as is. But I appreciate you discussing this.

The fact that Rhodri still linger after I explained him that I took it up with Malachi before posting it the very first time is sad.

Tehmudjin

Shes crying cuz its her walk of shame home from Tehmudjins place last sunday morning.

"But...but...he said he loved me!"

Asian

hail hydra

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
King Malachi I: The great thing about religion is that multiple people can have different views on the same things. In the religion I made we now view Umbra as a son of Soldeus and not his brother (I Wanted Umbra to be more of tragic and believable character). Its your choice if you want to change to reflect this or just continue as is. But I appreciate you discussing this.
I found a source for the material referred to by him and by you, above. It is labeled "Of Soldeus" and in fact outlines the beliefs of the Cult of Sol Invictus. As I said in the thread linked immediately above,
"...[T]his along with everything else in this forum had to be reposted on the date given, while the original posting of it predated the Kingdom of Wessex and was done under the Very Reverend Malachi's tenure as either Bishop or Archbishop of the Church of Soldeus in the Duchy of Wessex.
It wasn't put into permanent practice as orthodox dogma (no fault of the writing, I hope; the proposed changes were more tragic & involving).

But also, and more importantly, it would conflict with the gospel as known to the Ordo Lucius (which postdates the Kingdom of the Isles / Kingdom of Wessex), which is (let's face it) the only organised religion that worships Soldeus in the game at this time.

Much explanation was supplied at the time:
Is this all the Cult of Sol Invictus?

If it is, this is all declared heretical now, in my humble yet judgemental opinion.
§

Yes, as if it had not been declared heretical before.This post is basically identical to the (offsite link; registration may be required) Cosmogenesis according to the cult of Sol Invictus. Why this would be blasphemous and how is explained (same disclaimer as above) in On the blasphemy of the cult of Sol Invictus.

The exoteric and orthodox Church of Soldeus (in Wessex, and elsewhere) would more closely follow the scripture which begins at (again, offsite) Creation and Longing and which proceeds from there.

Index:
Some of the orthodox scripture may be found here on the MO forums here.
For maximum confusion, Sir Otto Osterwind has posted most of said orthodox scripture here, but under the title of "The Cult Of Sol Invictus". I don't blame Sir Otto, though. I see the hand of Umbra in this, working to obfuscate the search for the Radiant Lord's truth.
The Fire Sermon preached in Meduli on the Night of Umbra to the faithful of Soldeus and others was written by [me, Casilda] with Bishop Drake's imprimitur.
The creed of Manu Bellator, another nation which [did worship] Soldeus, may be found here.
The Rule and Oath of Brotherhood of the Ordo Lucius, or fragments thereof, may be found here.

[Roleplay Discussion] is also full of material relating to the worship of Umbra, but those who follow the darkness can bloody well index it all themselves in another thread.
It seems you did not read this explanation nor the links nor the index given above the first time, so I take the liberty of reposting it here.

Please do have your people believe what they like about whatever gods they choose, but out of courtesy to past and present authors, please refrain from presenting as "Malachi said" what Malachi and his successors in this game have retconned long ago. It's meta-gaming and god-moding to insist otherwise.

There are exactly two clergy (priestesses) and one deacon of Soldeus in the game, all of them either OL or serving beside OL. None of them (or 'us', I should say) are going to consider Umbra a child of Soldeus instead of a brother, and anyone who does we would consider a heretic of some sort: maybe a part of the Cult of Sol Invictus or maybe some other kind of heretic.

That should just make it interesting. (And the crossposting of the Cult mythology and the Gospel under each others' names on these forums makes it confusing; I should ask the Mods to delete the mislabeled lore and let it be reposted by the people who should be curating it-- me and Kaideline.)

It should be unnecessary to add this, but what the Duck's Wessex is now doing with their guild-religion or pretence at same in some other game is also immaterial and irrelevant.