Grocer in GK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Gravvis

I would like to suggest adding a Grocer to GK. I 'm not sure why there isn't one there, its the only city that doesn't have one.....

I would like to suggest adding a Grocer to GK. I 'm not sure why there isn't one there, its the only city that doesn't have one.....
No farms for grains, livestock/diary products, very few pickables etc. There would be a NPC Grocer in GK (although expensive as hell) if the current system allowed for local pricing, which it unfortunately doesn't. So under these circumstances I decided against it. I suppose you have to resort to PvE expeditions, PtP trade, or PvP plunder?

No farms for grains, livestock/diary products, very few pickables etc. There would be a NPC Grocer in GK (although expensive as hell) if the current system allowed for local pricing, which it unfortunately doesn't. So under these circumstances I decided against it. I suppose you have to resort to PvE expeditions, PtP trade, or PvP plunder?
Ultimate ownage

Thread starter #5

Gravvis

I see the logic, however couldn't the same be said of Meduli? It's in the desert, on the coast. Farms would be associated with Fabernum or Vadda yet a Grocer lives in Meduli...

Possible to reconsider?

I see the logic, however couldn't the same be said of Meduli? It's in the desert, on the coast. Farms would be associated with Fabernum or Vadda yet a Grocer lives in Meduli...

Possible to reconsider?
How so? Its a guarded town meaning players/npc population would be trading shit unlike Gaul'kor, the outlaw town.

Possible to reconsider?
Meduli is still not a desert, there are no deserts in Myrland:
Example of a mediterranean coastline

Meduli is civilized and has a couple of small farms, a thriving fishing industry, it has good connections by the sea to Tindrem, well-trafficked trade routes to Vadda, and it lies close to the large plantations of Obrig between Tindrem and Meduli (the small village is not there yet which is kinda strange, however the plantations are) and the lush jungle area of Canteri in the south.

Gaul'Kor is a former mining town for soldiers, poor workers, punitive laborers and slaves, which was sacked by the Risars several times until the Empire finally gave it up. It no longer has any connection to the Empire. The whole kettle-like area surrounding the "city" is uncultivable due to pollution and tailings from the mines, and the outer Gabaria region is burnt by Risars from time to time, once scavenged for the little food there is. Unless you travel over the rough mountainous terrain, which is more or less impossible with wagons, you have to travel on the remains of the old Via Gabaria road which leads by the well-guarded Risar Wall in the east. The closest city, which you reach after going through two mountain passes, is Morin Khur. Needless to say, there are no official caravans going to Gaul'Kor any longer.

So I wouldn't compare the two. The only reason I would put a grocer in Gaul'Kor is if it becomes "impossible" to play without one. I admit the setting in the game is not always equal to the lore yet (for instance where is Obrig and Canteri, what about Tindrem? Roads?), but that is no reason not follow the lore when adding new stuff - in fact its the other way around :)

A

[AQ]Squirtle

there are no official caravans going to Gaul'Kor any longer.
What do we need to do to get an official caravan going to Gaul'kor. I seriously doubt that the officials of MK like having their citizens killed, I think they would send us cream and butter as tribute.

NOTE: Who is the official of MK anyways? And since when did these towns have officials.. I am not well informed it seems.

AQ is willing to make a deal with the MK diplomats in order to get a supply caravan to GK. We will clear the Risar at the Wall. We shall.

A

[AQ]Squirtle

AQ is willing to make a deal with the MK diplomats in order to get a supply caravan to GK. We will clear the Risar at the Wall. We shall.
Actually, I'm pretty sure the Risar chieftain has taken significant losses to AQ I mean seriously every time I ride through there I kill like 5 of them so that is 20 losses a day to one guy, so not worth it. I think we can work out a deal with the Risars, it shouldn't be that hard.

Slize

Ye and get Tephra near bakti too please :)

deathshroud

Exalted Member
I guess i kind of agree about the grocer not being in gk, but the banker in gk is tindremic he isnt a thursar :(

that lore does sound great mats and has me exicited for future plans. However now i have a few questions.

1. The land linking the risar continent with myrland near gk. Will that be classed as a part of myrland? meaning we could possibly get it before a new contient or is it most likely to come with the risar continent.

2. Are there any plans to add both gutta and brown clams as pickables within the rock pools and sea around meduli and the jungle? prehaps many many spawn locations with a possiblity of three spawning hourly at twenty different locations would really make sure they arent to commonly found.

3. is there really a city along the huge waterfall splitting the ocean? and will it be eventually reachable from myrland by foot?

4. we found like scorpion lore or they were mention or something, are giant scorpions or crabs soemthing myrland will see?

oh and 1 last question does andreas still work for sv, he hasnt posted in a very long time so i fear he is no longer worknig for sv?

ye cause tephra mine and asking for a basic food vendor is the same thing ;P currently we gotta kill npcs in guard towns to get massive bulk of butter and cream

What do we need to do to get an official caravan going to Gaul'kor. I seriously doubt that the officials of MK like having their citizens killed, I think they would send us cream and butter as tribute.
Now that's more like it. Would be interesting to set up a scenario here.

T

tahrunaza

Now that's more like it. Would be interesting to set up a scenario here.
Alrighty Mats, we of AQ have agreed that we will RP inorder to get a grocer in GK, lets do it Mats. We're ready

what blubbering do i have to write to get tephra and a blast furnace in bakti?

First you need an vulcano eruption later well i dont think they would build a blast furnace there

A

angrysully

hey why don't you use your superb devry knowledge and give us the option to place "farm" spots like house spots in and around keeps and allow us to produce our own fresh produce. If risars want some fresh produce, i'll give something fresh alright...

Status
Not open for further replies.