Hot fix 2012-3-19

Thread starter #1
G

GM Martialis

Ecumenical Spells skill can now be raised appropriately.

Bronzen18

Gold Supporter
The following is a list of shit that better be fixed in Awakening

1) Push Bug
2) Ghosts showing up as live people when crossing nodes
3) Ghost scouting in general
4) Stack Splitting Delays
5) Falling through the ground
6) The broken water all over the map....come on guys
6a. Water to the right of Kranesh bridge if on the Meduli side on the Meduli side of the river.
6b. Water by the Bakti river where it forks (both sides are fake)
6c. one of the small lakes by Sausage lake has a buggy area where you cannot hit the top of it
7) Fix the ability to bug the water and make it clear
8) Fix the Spider Cave clipping issues for players (Loot and players can disappear and go to the surface by the cave entrance)
9) Lighting needs overhaul (Torches a bit, lighting bugs way more ((mounting/remounting))
10) Fix players shooting into the air while in various parts of the jungle
11) Fix the ability to keep your inventory and equipment if you die in certain areas of Sausage lake (Saved me twice on accident over 18 months now)
12) Smooth every single bridge edge so horses can ride through
13) Get rid of the horse peeing animation (its fucking retarded)
14) Fix loot in the water so it sinks and can be looted where it sunk and not where the player was killed
15) Not 100% sure shields work while on your back (talking about arrows)
16) Tweak Mounted Combat further somehow so it is worth it (it works as is, but not as rewarding as Mounted Archery clearly)

Wrong section guys.

Btw you sound like kidnapper.
"Send us these fixes in small unmarked patches! If any of these demands will not be fullfilled, your son is going to die!"

Btw you sound like kidnapper.
"Send us these fixes in small unmarked patches! If any of these demands will not be fullfilled, your son is going to die!"
^
This :)
Naaa, but nice to hear that something is getting a hotfix, probs behind the scen there is alot of other ingame dupe stuff and wierd server bugs been removed to :)

I remember Release, Epic, Dawn, TC and all other "major" patch...yeah sometimes i ask myself why i play this game :p

bbihah

2) Ghosts showing up as live people when crossing nodes
Its not a node issue. Its when a ghost comes into your draw distance it first draws them as the base "doll" for longer distance drawing.
And YES fix it please...

Electrum

It seems my post about Starvault refusing to fix bugs for 4 months while they release an expansion likely to further break the game (see Dawn) was deleted.

deathshroud

Exalted Member
because they jsut release this bug fix :)

Electrum

because they jsut release this bug fix :)
It was along the line of the fact that they decided to change one line of code and fix this bug after six (?) months and nothing else is terrible support.

davor242

Gold Supporter
Note to GM martialis:

Wrong:
Ecumenical Spells skill can now be raised appropriately.

Correct:
During the development of Awakening we have isolated a bug in the Magic Subsystem and after thorough testing we decided to release this quick fix ahead of Awakening. Immediate effect is that players will notice that the Ecumenical Spells skill raisability is achievable through regular means.

It was along the line of the fact that they decided to change one line of code and fix this bug after six (?) months and nothing else is terrible support.
In case of a bug, you have to find the line ... and like most of bug's cases ... its not even a line ... get a clue about programing and come back.

Deddarus

In case of a bug, you have to find the line ... and like most of bug's cases ... its not even a line ... get a clue about programing and come back.
^this

simple symptom does not necessarily mean simple cause.

bug fixing generally involves the following steps, each of which can take a substantial effort not obvious to non-programmers:

1. refine the steps to produce the issue until you can reliably recreate it
2. remove steps from the recreation method that have no effect on the outcome
3. investigate whats happening in the code in the above defined scenario
4. familiarise yourself with surrounding/interconnected systems (software is complex, no system of any substantial size will fit in the head of a single developer, we are always having to re-learn our own code)
5. identify possible cause of bug
6. design a fix for the bug (in some cases this may require collaboration with other devs, design meetings etc)
7. code the fix
8. test the fix
9. repeat steps 6 to 8 for several iterations
10. update unit tests (if method signatures have changed)
11. tidy and comment code (some do this as they go, personally i mop up after)
12. merge fix with source control
13. retest after merge
14. await continuous integration server run and fix any unit test/integration test failures
15. pass to QA for exploratory testing (and fix any issues)
16. document and ship

Rankor

^ and if that doesn't work, do a hard reboot.

Electrum

Don't pretend they were working on this for any significant amount of time.

Its always good to hear something has been improved.

Keep up the good work!