Housing Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
Here is a little guide answering some FAQ about houses.

CURRENT PRICES

House Vendor (Meduli/Fabernum/Morin Khur):

House Tier 1/2/3: 500g each
Expansion C/D: 250g
each
Shop/Stable: 250g each

Workbench Vendor (Meduli/Fabernum/Morin Khur):

Armor/Shield/Weapon/Bow/Butchery(not working atm)/Furnace/Fabricula design: 100g
each

FINDING A HOUSE SPOT

Right click on the plan in your inventory. A message appears: "Now looking for a house spot"
You will see a ghost image of a house when you're close to a house spot.
You cannot find a house spot when mounted !

House Construction skill is needed as following:

-Tier1: 25
-Tier2: 50
-Tier3: 75

Tier1 is required to start a Tier2 upgrade.
Tier2 is required to start a Tier3 upgrade.

CONSTRUCTION

To start the building process, you'll need to put resources into the chest ("use" button while you face the chest)
Around 35k stone, 20k wood and 3,6k metal needed.

Passive building (slow): people inside the house without doing anything AND resources in the chest.

Active building (fast): people inside the house pressing (spamming) "use" button facing floor (or walls)
AND resources in the chest.

Resources used in the build disappear progressively from the chest.

There are two "signs" (one inside and one outside) at the house's entrance you can interact with.
During building process, It will shows you details about materials (rock/wood/metal) needed, materials already consumed and current house's hitpoints.

Same way to upgrade your house => tier2/3.

A shop 'OR' a stable can be added in a tier1 house.
A guildstone can be added in a tier1 house.
An expansion room (needed to build a worbench in) can be added in a t2 house and one more in a t3 house.

MATERIALS

Best quality ===> Low quality

Stone : Gabore, Granum, Saburra, Calx
Wood : Ironwood, Blackwood, Brownwood, Dapplewood, Greywood, Firmwood, Whitewood, Spongewood
Metal : Tungsteel, Steel, Bron, Silver, Cuprum, Bleck, Gold, Pig iron... (not tested all)

OPTIONS

Look at the signs again when the construction is completed.
It'll open a window with some informations: owner's name, hitpoints, taxes
and some options (only if you are the house's owner): create key, change lock, change owner, vote, buy siege weapons.
You can buy the Siege weapon Hail Caster in your keep for 100 gold.
You need a keep to buy the Siege weapon Manganon for 350 gold.

TIPS

Right click on the key in your inventory to lock a door/chest.
You can make copies of a key.
Keys are lootable !

Make some tests to familiarize yourself with key/lock system.

Hope It'll help

Electrum

Great guide, I have a quick question though, as it is unclear.

In terms of skill needed to start to build a house, is that required to do all of the building, or just to put up the house. If I am confused and that doesn't make sense, please explain what role house construction skill plays in building a house.

Mauzi

Status King
Nice guide, good timing for me since I am looking forward to placing a house soonish. Thank you !

Thread starter #4
(...) In terms of skill needed to start to build a house, is that required to do all of the building, or just to put up the house. If I am confused and that doesn't make sense, please explain what role house construction skill plays in building a house.
The engineer needs the "house construction skill" in order to find a spot and put up the structure. If you don't have the skill (or enough points in it), an error message will appears when right clicking on the plan.
The engineer can leaves the construction site after putting up the structure (and let other people working for example).
When the construction is completed, the engineer will be the first house's owner. Then he can give the house to someone else (using the "change owner" option).

There are some major bugs concerning houses at the moment.

1 - House Construction skill currently does not go up when building the house, advanced engineering instead raises. So it is currently impossible to get a tier 3 house.

2 - When you begin a tier 2 house the hitpoints will reset down to the level of a tier 1, meaning it can be easily destroyed if not careful (as well as missing out on 1million+ hitmpoints).

3 - You are not safe in your house. There are still many bugs/exploits to get into a house.

4 - I heard a rumour that people can get into locked chests, not sure on this one.

Mauzi

Status King
Ouch, so you basically tell us that currently a house is mostly only good for reserving a decent spot ? Dooh... what a disappointment... oh well, guess that must suffice for now then.

Thanks for the headup !

Thread starter #7
4 - I heard a rumour that people can get into locked chests, not sure on this one.
If It's right, I hope It'll be fixed soon :eek:

------------------------------------

Patch Notes v.1.19.35.49 - 2010-07-23

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/...9-35-49-patch-goes-live-friday-july-23rd.html

about housing :

- You now need to stand back a bit from the doors of houses/keeps to open them.
- Optimized the server-code for houses.
- Chests in houses and piles (around bridges) now work a lot better.
- You should no longer be able to look at your feet while opening doors.
- Fixed a bug in the calculation on damage vs houses.

Mauzi

Status King
Haha, now that'd be true sandbox though. Locking your wife into a chest when she's annoying again... :D

P.S.: I am aware that you rather speak of looting the chest than getting into it. Funny idea that though.

A nice tip for home building: When you're building the house through continuously hitting the 'Use' key, the action bar determines when you're done, not your animation. So you can hit 'Use' every 2 seconds or so, once the action bar is depleted. The animation itself takes more like 5-6 seconds.

Bevo

Honored Member
Haha, now that'd be true sandbox though. Locking your wife into a chest when she's annoying again... :D
LMAO

See below quote and thread.. =)

Lawl, well first off odie asked if I wanted a 1v1. So I went to myrmopolis and when I got there they asked I wanted to have a look around their house. So I went in looked around etc than kernir asked if I had seen the armor crafting room, so me being the dumb ass I am went into the one way room and got locked in.

Badman I like it when they're crying because they know there is no escape.

Great guide, I have a quick question though, as it is unclear.

In terms of skill needed to start to build a house, is that required to do all of the building, or just to put up the house. If I am confused and that doesn't make sense, please explain what role house construction skill plays in building a house.
building tier like stated in the op.

if Keys are lootable then that totally negates any benefits of spending 500g on a friggin house!

So if someone spends months saving & collecting, and busts their ass to build a house, they can be PKed and have their key stolen so the thief can lock them out of their own house and steal everything in their chest?

that plus all the bugs with houses kind of ruins the whole "build your own town/settlement" allure of this game...

I surpose you could just have a ALT owner/ key holder, and put a copy of the key on your other main character. That way you will always be guaranteed access to the house, even if you are PK'd. Or just put a lot of copies in your nearest bank... Am not sure, but can you change the locks of the house?

Mauzi

Status King
I surpose you could just have a ALT owner/ key holder, and put a copy of the key on your other main character. That way you will always be guaranteed access to the house, even if you are PK'd. Or just put a lot of copies in your nearest bank... Am not sure, but can you change the locks of the house?
No need to have endless numbers of spare keys. The owner can change locks and make new keys as needed.

Though, seeing the current imbalances in combat aswell as bugs from crashing, other random deaths or getting killed while logging in (e.g. at an unsafe location after a crash), I don't like the idea of losable keys either. Too much loss is possible from getting your house looted to carry a key.

Oh, thats alright then :)

A couple of questions:

Is the house plan lootable? Am I at risk of loosing the house while looking for a spot to place it?

Can houses be destroyed? Read on the wiki that houses had HP and could be destroyed.

Mauzi

Status King
Yes to both, so be careful.

Houses and keeps require slow and hard to get siege weapons for destruction though, so it's not a simple task that will be done randomly.

Yes to both, so be careful.

Houses and keeps require slow and hard to get siege weapons for destruction though, so it's not a simple task that will be done randomly.
I see... Thanks for the reply :)

Nice guide! I know close to nothing about housing.. So there are housespots? I cant just place my house anywhere i want that has flat ground? :(

Can someone with no house construction skill use a house plan only to see house spots??

I know you can't place the house down without the house construction skill..

Status
Not open for further replies.