IchorCorp Mine Leasing
There have been some internal discussions within IchorCorp in trying to bring a new service to the people of Nave.
Ever since automated mining was possible this feature has been inaccessible by those who have not got the sufficient infrastructure or capital in place to reap benefit from it.
IchorCorp will be experimenting with a prototype service where we shall be leasing our mines.
At the moment the game mechanics prevent us from leasing the mines out, however there are workarounds which can be implemented, but must be announced publicly so that everybody knows the status quo:
Details of the Lease
The lease will last for one week, from the beginning of Sunday to the end of Saturday.
Due to the restriction of only guild members being able to empty the mines a free-to-play character will be created called “Collections”. This character’s login details will be provided to the person taking the lease of the mine. Collections will not have access to any amenities of IchorCorp and is not a member of the guild, merely a workaround for the mine-leasing. As a result the player controlling “Collections” could be a potential hostile.
When a player is controlling Collections there shall be a number of rules whilst a player is in control of Collections:
- The ICH tag must not be displayed
- The player must obey the Rules of Conduct
- The player has no right to any preferential treatment associated with IchorCorp
- The character cannot impersonate a legitimate member of IchorCorp
- Any effects left on the character at the end of the lease will be destroyed
Violation of these rules may result in the lease being terminated prematurely.
A number of “Collections” accounts shall be set up to cater to multiple leases.
What will be leased won’t actually be mines, as such, but “Enclosures” which will consist of:
- Wall and Gate
- and MAYBE additional amenities (like bank, broker etc.)
A lease works at the granularity of a week, and follows the following process:
- The purchaser pays for the lease in advanced, plus a returnable deposit of 100 gold which is used as insurance against damages.
- The purchaser becomes the lease-holder for a specific period (for example beginning of Sunday 5th April to the end of Saturday 11th April)
- Once the purchase has been confirmed, the lease-holder will be free to trade the lease or wait.
- On the date the lease begins, the lease-holder shall be provided with the login details for the Collections character, and the password for the gate that leads into the mines.
- The lease-holder uses Collections to pick up the rock from the miner
- Once the lease ends, the password for the gate and the password for the Collections character shall be changed.
- If there has been no damages due to the lease-holder, then the deposit shall be returned
Should this enterprise result in misunderstandings which could damage IchorCorp assets (including its reputation), then the scheme shall be terminated and all money owed shall be returned.
Please note, for each mine we shall be providing estimated yields, yet these may go up or down depending on the rate of collection! IchorCorp is in no way responsible for low yields. Lease-holders are entirely responsible for their safety, transport, collection of their ore.
Also please note that the Collections character will not be trained in any skills, and it is up to the lease-holder to train the necessary skills, should they wish to use them.
May the Profit be with you!