Island pvp builds

Thread starter #1
With only common librarian books being available on the Island we will see major changes to the standard pvp builds.

Veela hybrids will likely be the choice of most but they will be less effective without faint and mental offence. High stam and strength fighter builds will be without bow skills beyond archery and no heavy armor. All mages will likely be hybrids as leftover skills would allow weapons.

Mounteds will be much less effective if not totally useless without their mounted combat and archery skills :). No pet builds either and Oghmir builds may be viable in pvp. If the Island can manage 100-200 players it will feel 10x more alive and full of pvp then the current game and with these changes it will be the most balanced pvp since pre Awakening. And who knows some new players may even stay as they will be able to compete with vets in this low tier environment.

I want to thank SV the Island looks great is appropriately sized and with the lack of skills and TC plus the fresh start you inadvertently fixed most of my issues with this game ;).

Dalacor

I think Veela will still be good build with a basic version of hybrid or else the old Thur/Khur fighter build will still be strong. Im interested to understand the book thing and if that will mean no viable mage builds? I thought all the pre awakening books would be available aside from any advanced crafting/materials books? Can I also assume the horrid breeding system is removed so taming will be the only way to find a mount.

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
Im interested to understand the book thing and if that will mean no viable mage builds? .
The books about mental offense and mental focus are available at the Animist book vendor only and therefore can't be used on the new island. Same problem for mounted archery and some other combat skills. Of cause mages could be played using the cuprum based spells. We don't know yet if gatherables like sulfur and nitre will be available on the island.

One big issue on the island will probably be the support by crafters: Who will create a weapon crafter or armor crafter needing lots of skills on a subscribed account? This will be a job for the veteran players!

Dalacor

The books about mental offense and mental focus are available at the Animist book vendor only and therefore can't be used on the new island. Same problem for mounted archery and some other combat skills. Of cause mages could be played using the cuprum based spells. We don't know yet if gatherables like sulfur and nitre will be available on the island.

One big issue on the island will probably be the support by crafters: Who will create a weapon crafter or armor crafter needing lots of skills on a subscribed account? This will be a job for the veteran players!
They could work around the crafting issue by maybe increasing skill gains in crafting by 300% only on starter island

Thread starter #6
I think Veela will still be good build with a basic version of hybrid or else the old Thur/Khur fighter build will still be strong. Im interested to understand the book thing and if that will mean no viable mage builds? I thought all the pre awakening books would be available aside from any advanced crafting/materials books? Can I also assume the horrid breeding system is removed so taming will be the only way to find a mount.
No way to know for sure what books will actually be available I was assuming common librarian only. Will guilds be able to invite players on the island that could be good thing if it's possible.

What about no guards and no blue only priests are they really necessary.

Dalacor

No way to know for sure what books will actually be available I was assuming common librarian only. Will guilds be able to invite players on the island that could be good thing if it's possible.

What about no guards and no blue only priests are they really necessary.
Blue only priests allow for blue players to escape the reds as the reds have to travel further for their res, thats the reason for them, as to their need...? I dont see it hurting but I do hate the idea of stat loss, that shit sucks.

Thread starter #9
Blue only priests allow for blue players to escape the reds as the reds have to travel further for their res, thats the reason for them, as to their need...? I dont see it hurting but I do hate the idea of stat loss, that shit sucks.
I guess if you could loot dead yellows guards might be necessary in town so people can duel but keep them in the center of town to limit guard zone warriors. And if you plan being red stat loss will be a fair punishment like the old days before TC.

Last edited:
Doesnt the tutorial currently give you mental offence when you complete it? I cant imagine they will make magic basically useless on the island without it.