Location of scrolls

Thread starter #1

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
I have been looking for a list of the locations of all/most scrolls. There are only four magic schools with unknown scroll locations for me, all other schools are either known from forum posts or from own lockpicking and drops.

I don't know if there ever has been such a location list in the forum. Does somebody know more?

Tehmudjin

Elementalism in Sator Dungeon. Bring lockpicker.

A few necro scrolls in necro cave in the jungle.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
TL:don't read: Nope.

Our Necro said it best:
...the chests and scrolls are just mostly randomly scattered around the world with some placed in harder to get to (fighting wise, which once again puts only combat in the focus) regions than others.
There are public and private lists of spell names, some of them very complete, but the ones you know the non-random locations of are the ones with known locations.
----
Assuming @Xunila has seen all the posts still in the forum today and the archived posts from it as well, including
what @billbonty posted in his MANA Mage thread and
https://web.archive.org/web/2016053.../threads/the-continued-scroll-archive.136726/ (which is now superfluous, thanks to the forum being backed up from 2015, and which doesn't have locations), it gets scant after that.

A shout-out is due to https://mowiki.fandom.com/wiki/Mortal_Online_Wiki for having "All hail Soldeus" as a motto on their home page, but they have only one reference to scrolls, and that one has nothing to do with locations.

Don't lower yourself to look at the site that shall not be named; it doesn't have scroll location data, either, so far as I can tell.

Neither does Steam general discussion of Mortal Online.

https://lore.oldserver.org/index.php?title=Ordo_Pythonicorum_Wiki seems to be having technical difficulties. Down for everyone, or just me?
https://web.archive.org/web/2018031...er.org/index.php?title=Ordo_Pythonicorum_Wiki reveals no reference to scroll locations in the index.

https://www.starvault.se/mortalforums/threads/mystery-keys.114118/post-1956389 ties some scrolls to certain chests, but not very explicitly.

This refers to some illusionism scrolls:

There's this about 'where the chests are', which is related but not an answer:

Here's what I remember, but its been months

Chests:
3 in tindrem, one near the bandit spawn, one at the mage towers with spiral stairs, one underwater by the docks (also one royal chest needing a key)
2 in the jungle, one near the priest on the northern rim of the jungle, one near the jungle bank
1 jungle chest in the sator spawn south jungle
think like 4 chests in the sator/elemental dungeon
1 chest in the undead cave near cave camp
1 chest in morin khur up the long stairs
2 chest in toxai, one on a boat and one in the sheevra cave
several chests in the graveyard cave at the city due east of Meduli (cant even remember the name)
2 chests in the chief room of the risar dungeon
at least 3 chests in the huergar cave/minotaur spawns
1 chest in the kimuru spawn
1 chest in the stone ring near meduli
was a chest in a river somewhere cant remember

enjoy!
And if anything comes to light for me in the future, I'll let you know.

Thread starter #4

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
Of cause I know those posts and websites but they are all about the names of the scrolls and about the names of the magic schools. But not about the location! And, @Tehmudjin, the locations of the current active scrolls is well known to lots of players, the location of their seal keys has been described in the MANA Mage thread very well.

But that's no answer to my question.

See:

Ecumenical Spells: Reagent Vendor
Spiritsm: scrolls and seal keys are no secret, see MAN Mage thread
Necromancy: scrolls and seal keys are no secret, see MAN Mage thread
Elementalism: scrolls and seal keys are no secret, see MAN Mage thread, my problem is I lost all scrolls from Sator dungeon runs at ODIN times due to player inactivity
Animism: don't know, I never looted a scroll but I also never opened chests in most (all) locations of Myrland.
Demonology: same, but probably some chests around the demon event spot
Dragon: I got one scroll from a chest many years ago and never checked that area again with my lockpicker
Harmonism: I know some chests and have all scrolls.
Illusionism: chest in Tindrem (I don't say more, but I have every scroll a dozen times)
Mentalism: same as Animism
Staff Magic: many years ago, but I know a chest and have all scrolls many times.
Symbolism: chests around the jungle island. From the ODIN times I have every scroll 10 to 30+ times.

agead_drem

Animism: Chests, 2 locations: Minotaurs and the elite sator camp above the sator temple
Demonology: I believe that is a chest from the Risar dungeon and rare drop from elemental priest in the sator dungeon
Dragon: Chest in Kimuru cave
Mentalism: Chest in Sator dungeon

Thread starter #6

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
Thanks, but funny that almost everything seems to be located in the Sator dungeon. I don't know why I did not know about some schools with chests in that dungeaon, but maybe we never opened all chests in ODIN times but skipped them. I thought StarVault would have spread the scrolls a little bit more in the world.

agead_drem

Thanks, but funny that almost everything seems to be located in the Sator dungeon. I don't know why I did not know about some schools with chests in that dungeaon, but maybe we never opened all chests in ODIN times but skipped them. I thought StarVault would have spread the scrolls a little bit more in the world.
It is easy to miss if you've only one target - In regards to that dungeon being such a high concentration of spells, it is also the only dungeon that is "magic" themed. So, in regards to that, it makes sense. In regards to the decentralization of those spells, it would have been nice to have more "arcane" styled dungeons that housed the other schools.

Sator dungeon would be an absolute mess RN if the population were at a decent level . Imagine 1500 scrubs all trying to make houses in the Brood Isles fighting over all the scrolls in this tiny dungeon XD

Hopefully the devs realize this is weird placement for all the scrolls and make a new magic themed dungeon for MO2 so that the scrolls can be spread out more evenly .

Thread starter #9

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
Hopefully the devs realize this is weird placement for all the scrolls and make a new magic themed dungeon for MO2 so that the scrolls can be spread out more evenly .
Agree, a decent place for each magic school would make sense because at every spot NPC mages of that school would live as even today with the Necro cave. Of cause Elemental guard would drop Elemental scrolls and present a chest with Elemental scrolls next to a Elemental leader. But where are the Harmonism or Mentalism guards in the Sator dungeon. Harmonism even would not make sense for red NPCs but better fit to a friendly NPC city and scrolls or keys should be traded for some special items. We already have such a area (without NPCs) for Symbolism scrolls around the jungle island.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
"(W)here are the Harmonism or Mentalism guards in the Sator dungeon. Harmonism even would not make sense for red NPCs but better fit to a friendly NPC city and scrolls or keys should be traded for some special items."​

Good question. Seems like Harmonism guards should be hanging around Tindrem Plaza, beating @Diacule mercilessly and accepting his head in exchange for fantastic prizes.

Animism: Chests, 2 locations: Minotaurs and the elite sator camp above the sator temple
Demonology: I believe that is a chest from the Risar dungeon and rare drop from elemental priest in the sator dungeon
Dragon: Chest in Kimuru cave
Mentalism: Chest in Sator dungeon
Nerd come back to us