Looking forward to MO2?

Are you looking forward to MO2?

• Im hyped and looking forward to playing it.

• Im not hyped but I will play it.

• Im not hyped and I wont play it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Teknique

If they do this, the game will fail just as it has done in MO. Haves and have nots. Clean slate is the only way to get new players.
Have you considered have and have not is often a mental state rather than a physical state, especially in video games rather than life. Any material advantage will likely manifest itself again in a matter of months

So in other words the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant when compared to the power of the force

grendel

In regards to new players enjoying MO2, I do not think a transfer of some form of MO1 assets will make any difference at all. The difference I think it will make is; some old players will be angry cause their enemies have something they do not, other old players will be happy that something is transferred, and the nerds(me) will be happy that the persistent world is preserved.

Dalacor

Have you considered have and have not is often a mental state rather than a physical state, especially in video games rather than life. Any material advantage will likely manifest itself again in a matter of months

So in other words the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant when compared to the power of the force
Yes but it brings in new players at launch that will be on an even footing for months. It also gets rid of all the wealth brought in by exploits and crappy TC mechanics

Tehmudjin

if its just an engine update, then i dont think it qualifies as a sequel, certainly not worthy of being called MO2.

its just silly to pull any assets over from MO, the economy here has been poisoned from the very start. maybe allow for some cosmetic items to carry over but no assets of value.

-barcode
I mostly agree. We know that there will be a huge content change so the jury is still out on calling it a new game or not.

Theyve hired animators and 3d artists, i wish they hire a content spammer to add more things like the khurites tombs and risar prison and things like that. Makes the game feel more alive.

Tehmudjin

Yes but it brings in new players at launch that will be on an even footing for months. It also gets rid of all the wealth brought in by exploits and crappy TC mechanics
Whipe or not, There will be no even footing between noobs and vets.

Teknique

In regards to new players enjoying MO2, I do not think a transfer of some form of MO1 assets will make any difference at all. The difference I think it will make is; some old players will be angry cause their enemies have something they do not, other old players will be happy that something is transferred, and the nerds(me) will be happy that the persistent world is preserved.
I suppose like others said it’s really going to depend on what “mo2” really means. If it’s just a graphical update a wipe might not make sense

In general though I think a fresh start makes the most sense just so the launch can be free of criticism

Tehmudjin

The more I think about it the more I am against a wipe.

Imagine the patch notes:

- New graphics engine and animations!
- All your stuff is gone!
- All your chars are gone!
- Have fun skilling up your ogh crafter!

Wabbajack

Yeah the day I leave MO it will turn into a wow clone.
You know I wrote the org design for MO right? I wrote every single game feature and then handed over the coding part for our coders.
So what you both love and hate comes from my very old game design.
Over the years I had to step away more and more and let go of the hand holding of the development due to extreme stress and work load, this is where things started to get mixed, which I take on me, this is my fault for sure. Things got into the game that I didnt have time to follow up as I should have.
This second time around things will be different, and I will be part of every section that comes into the game.
we will start with the core and the best working parts from org MO and we will slowly expand from there carefully making sure its the right decisions.

There is no way we will throw away this second chance to make MO as intended, both in terms of lack of previous experience and with new tech that allows us to do more what we wanted in the first place. There will be no ninja content added from different developers that haven't been 200% approved and checked. I know we only get one chance to make MO2 well, and I will do everything in my power to make sure its done correctly this time. Every developer is critical that they are in the right position, not just random people, so we are taking our time to build our entire team. I use to play MO a lot since launch and I loved playing it, I felt pure magic since day one, I will never forget the days we lumbered those trees next to fabernum and teamed up, having good stories and avoided the waves of murders that came every now and then. MO is very close to my heart, and so is it for both Sebastian and Mats that helped me build the game I had in mind many years ago. We will do it again and we will use the core from MO and improve on it into the new tech. Theres been a few companies over the years that wanted to take over MO, but not to improve on its current features, but to change its entire model from sandbox to a more themepark including the business model, this will however offer a different wow clone pretty much, which MO never is meant to be. I hope we can be clear on what MO is going to be which we tried to show since day one when we revealed MO.

Words is just words however, action speaks louder so give MO2 a try when its available for you to decide for yourself.
Henrik I beg of you! Don't allow any type of transfer from mo to mo2. It would be the worst thing you would do, it would be like shooting yourself in the foot!

Most new players and returning vets wont even touch the game if it doesnt wipe

Most returning vets wont even touch the game if it doesnt wipe
Thank God!

I'm sick of those useless whiney fucks, they are like someone who bought a New Coke once long ago and now think they own shares in CocaCola and some how have a say in the direction they take:rolleyes:

That and Henrik's consideration of the BanHammer Board aka DarkFall style are the only 2 things that peak my interest that have been posted so far in this dreamscape

Last edited:
Thank God!

I'm sick of those useless whiney fucks, they are like someone who bought a New Coke once long ago and now think they own shares in CocaCola and some how have a say in the direction they take:rolleyes:

That and Henrik's consideration of the BanHammer Board aka DarkFall style are the only 2 things that peak my interest that have been posted so far in this dreamscape
yea we know you dream of a game population of the same 50 players so rpk can stay relevant, hopefully Henrik wants a bigger population for his game.

yea we know you dream of a game population of the same 50 players so rpk can stay relevant, hopefully Henrik wants a bigger population for his game.
The salt is strong with you, should change your name to RealTears... where did RPK! touch you?:rolleyes:

There are noobs that started with Steam release that have played longer that most of these self proclaimed whiney ass "vets"

Last edited:
I'm for a wipe. A main part of the game is obtaining rare skills & spells (and the knowledhge of how to obtain them). And then there were those events like Krampus, Haloween or Chicken events that handed out thousands of rare skill books. I hope this will stop with MO2. I hope if there will be similar events they hand out decent amount of resources but no super rare skill books. And super rare skill books stay super rare.

And in general make it harder to obtain skills. Make none trivial skills e.g. diving, faint, mounted charge, beast mastery,... similar hard to obtain than some of the armor books. So people can be proud of having them instead of buying them for 2.5g at the vendor or walking for a few minutes to jungle camp.
Same goes for weapons. Most ones can be bought at the vendor right now. Make them rare. Let everyone start with "simple" recipes e.g. a 1h bent grip with some crappy sword head. Even a noob (with low skill level) should be able to craft a decent version of this "simple" sword. He should be able to reach the max level of this sword fast. However, he shouldn't be able to craft those "rare" swords which are of cause more powerful.

TLDR:
Please make advanced skills, handles, weaponheads, materiallores,... more rare. Make it a challange to obtain them e.g. by adding more vendors in "secret" locations that accept only special items as payment. Force the players to travel across the continent to obtain those things. Create more dynamic events e.g. invasions that drop special skills rarely.

Mortal lives from people traveling across the continent. Give them motivations to do so!

Last edited:
If there's no fresh start for MO2, then the game will be 1/2 a week of fun before all the duped and mass hoarded materials of MO start to show their influence in the world. There's just far too much materials & wealth in MO that it would actually just suck the life of MO2, before it could flourish.

I rather people all start fresh. Let them fight over resources, towns, land etc to establish themselves. With that comes natural politics, conflict, player interaction and entertainment. The true hardcore and brutal nature that MO2 needs, to keep it from going into a flatline early.

If everyone gets their materials, then there would be almost no point to being out in the world. It would just quickly evolve into what MO is...a lifeless world of few people, doing nothing apart from sitting on their masses of materials & wealth, waiting for the PvP that comes once in a blue moon, that isn't getting trampled by some mounted nerd zerg of ogh equipped people, zooming around on 125 bull horse crotch rockets.

Speznat

i like it that stuff should transfer, they claimed never wipe and its not an MO2 its mroe an engine update it will be the same game with a part changes part not and news graphics thats not a different game so progress of people that invested countless 10 thousends of hours shouldn't be time wasted at all. its good that stuff should get transfered. not all i say but some stuff were you grinded like dont know 2k hours totally wasted for nothing is a no go because they claimed at start to qupute henrik : "history doesnt repeat itself" so no wipe is good.

Last edited:

Speznat

you forgot one important thing. do you really think exploiting stops just because they released the same game with nearly the same stuff on a new engine i guess evne more exploids and stuff could happen. wipe dont matter so much as you think wait 2 months and we have the same economy as now. with a wipe you just fuck progress fo people invested there lifes in there i invested nearly all my teen life in mortal see such grindy progress go hurts more than losing a family member.
Mortal is love mortal is life everythign else is irrelevant.

Last edited:
... its mroe an engine update it will be the same game with a part changes part not and news graphics...
So from how I understood Hendrik's post MO2 will have fundamental changes in several core mechanics (keep the good ones but change the bad ones). So it will be more like a new game. And I really hope it will be.

Speznat

So from how I understood Hendrik's post MO2 will have fundamental changes in several core mechanics (keep the good ones but change the bad ones). So it will be more like a new game. And I really hope it will be.
so we have different opinions so we should settle that with a round of rust and using the rust weel of descide we write on it:
your opinion is the correct one,
my opinion is the corrct one,
met each other and slap us simotaniously in the face,
and the fourth we both login an delete 1 stack of gold.

and whatever the weel of decide decides we do it. thats a good idea.
but it will be the same game with an engine update a few changes, newer graphics. but it will be the same game, so stuff that could be wiped should be Materials and maybe Gold. No skills, No Stats, should get wipped.

so we have different opinions so we should settle that with a round of rust and using the rust weel of descide we write on it:
your opinion is the correct one,
my opinion is the corrct one,
met each other and slap us simotaniously in the face,
and the fourth we both login an delete 1 stack of gold.

and whatever the weel of decide decides we do it. thats a good idea.
but it will be the same game with an engine update a few changes, newer graphics. but it will be the same game, so stuff that could be wiped should be Materials and maybe Gold. No skills, No Stats, should get wipped.
Since the whole account system changes from 4 characeters to 1 I'm pretty sure that the skill & stats system will be heavily modified.

Speznat

Since the whole account system changes from 4 characeters to 1 I'm pretty sure that the skill & stats system will be heavily modified.
:eek: good combination skills watson.

but maybe they merge the shit maybe not who knows xD