MAGNA ASTU : 1 MONTH IN - HIGHS & LOWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
MAGNA ASTU
The greatest trading city in Mortal Online has now been open for a little over a month and the response has been astounding! The city is thriving and sees 50+ players all the time living and working there at any one time.​
We are having a hard time keeping the broker stock with all sets of armour , weapons and most raw materials selling out every day!We would like to say a huge thank you to the guilds that continue use the city and work with us to make it a success.​
Shortly I will be attempting to update the excellent work Carebhall did a while ago with the Ultimate price check thread to reflect the changes in prices since tc and introducing the sarduccian materials.​
Trouble in the city has been virtually non existent with a few random possibly new players killing a few people and the occasional Random red trying their luck.
The only major attack came for the guild DRED last night when they brought 15 geared players into the city and killed a large number of new players.
This sort of occurance is sad but it is not a common one and whilst we would like for it not to happen again we accept that it is a part of the game and as such there are no hard feelings and we would like to let DRED know they are still very welcome in our city.
We have a few exciting projects in the pipeline including the huge pvp arena that is in the final stages of planning.
MAGNA LEGIO
(ML)
Magna Legio (meaning great legion) is the new training and city protection guild based at Magna Astu currently with 53 members
It is comprised of mainly new players and is led by a few vets. The purpose of the guild is to form an active defence and transportation team for the AIM Trading corporation and to help new players learn and grow in the game. They use the tag (ML) and as part of the AIM Trading orgnaisation they will be held to the same code of conduct that Aim adhers to.
Once again we would like to thank everyone for making Magna Astu the huge success it is and we look forward to seeing you all in the city soon (and making you spend your money :)
Thanks
THE AIM TRADING ORGANISATION

I would advise DRED not to turn their backs to this trading company, lest they find themselves caught unawares with a blade from behind. Just a cautionary quip.

Thread starter #3
@ Elsewise: we still consider DRED our friends so no drama here.

Strilan

Exalted Member
Taking control towers to test stuff out... Making a guild for combat purposes of "training and defending"....

#$hrug

I love lamp.

Thread starter #5

Here is the video from the DRED attack last night

gotcher

Taking control towers to test stuff out... Making a guild for combat purposes of "training and defending"....

#$hrug

I love lamp.
So that's not just me, after all... Not that I like to be in the same camp with Strilan though

Strilan

Exalted Member
So that's not just me, after all... Not that I like to be in the same camp with Strilan though

Lmfao, if I could I'd make a separate camp just for you so you could be far the fuck away from mine, don't worry.

BWAHAHAHAHA

MAGNA LEGIO
(ML)
Magna Legio (meaning great legion) is the new training and city protection guild based at Magna Astu currently with 53 members
It is comprised of mainly new players and is led by a few vets. The purpose of the guild is to form an active defence and transportation team for the AIM Trading corporation and to help new players learn and grow in the game. They use the tag (ML) and as part of the AIM Trading orgnaisation they will be held to the same code of conduct that Aim adhers to.
Once again we would like to thank everyone for making Magna Astu the huge success it is and we look forward to seeing you all in the city soon (and making you spend your money :)
Thanks
THE AIM TRADING ORGANISATION
Ah so we're starting fate 2.0 and the GGA zerg all over again lex?

Jbrewer

So wait.. DRED attacks you and you.. do nothing about it? That's just going to encourage them to keep doing it. Those who lay down are the ones who get fucked.

I wouldn't want to move to your city if you're simply going to allow people to go in there and kill anyone they want without repercussions.

Kogah

Man, you can't have a big city like that without some police...I don't see it being an issue if all they end up doing is protecting that city...

When they start roaming around fighting--then it's an issue.

So wait.. DRED attacks you and you.. do nothing about it? That's just going to encourage them to keep doing it. Those who lay down are the ones who get fucked.

I wouldn't want to move to your city if you're simply going to allow people to go in there and kill anyone they want without repercussions.
You should see what happens when you kill one of their woodcutters. But now I'm just being pugnacious. No need to unbury the hatchet, as it were.

Thread starter #15
It seems that DRED have decided to constantly raid our player city and have done 3 times today killing mostly naked new players and their horses.

This is clearly a deliberate act as their leader Killox was also there leading the attack

I fail to understand why a guild like DRED who are allied with ID ( a non RPK guild) find it acceptable to attack new players in a city that is open to all.

I really like this concept, please tell me one group is not about to wreck it for the rest of the server.

I have seen blues and reds of differing guilds come and hang out in a neutral area.

I have seen new players taught the basics of the game and find reason to subscribe.

Please don't.

Dhan

Honored Member
If you guys think you are going to shame DRED into ceasing attacks on your city... you are gonna have a bad time.

It seems that DRED have decided to constantly raid our player city and have done 3 times today killing mostly naked new players and their horses.

This is clearly a deliberate act as their leader Killox was also there leading the attack

I fail to understand why a guild like DRED who are allied with ID ( a non RPK guild) find it acceptable to attack new players in a city that is open to all.
You give them literally zero incentive NOT TO. This was a concern brought up back when this player city concept was first announced. I'm not gonna say I told you so, or that prophecy is coming true. I'm just going to watch.

But hey, while your legion is still trying to get organized , why don't you hire RPK to hold them off? You're practically neighbors after all.

1 establish a sort of guard guild or something or maybe invite a mercenary guild to have their base there or maybe hire mercenaries

2 with this guard guild or mercs send scouts out or garrison the towers to watch for any large groups of heavily armed people

3 make sure people have a rally point so a defense could be easily coordinated instead of a brawl on the streets

4 I went to MS once briefly and I liked it so I may consider a return now I didn't notice any secondary fortifications if there are some make sure people know how to get to them in case of a raid if you don't have any make some

5 make sure that if people come to the city they are armed if they aren't maybe you should provide some weapons nothing to expensive but anything better than that crappy shortsword

6 make sure you have the guard guild/mercs watching the gate

7 to pay for these defenses ask for donations or even impose a SMALL tax upon people and personally through the trading menu collect the money also.

8 Consider banning DRED from entering the city or limit the amount of them inside I know your trying to be nice and all but if they attack you then steps must be taken and inaction will lead to the city falling apart only allow members inside if they're leadership promise not to raid (but even then you should sevearly limit how many can come in)

There are some suggestions addressing your security good luck :)

I would wager that the extraordinary amount of attention being given to them is encouraging repeat performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.