Mals Archive vids and life on Nave

Thread starter #1

Malathion

Oghmium Supporter
Hey all....

Been reminiscing playing MO the last week...
I've had a hard time sorting through vids to find them way in the depths of the vids. I was going to post a thread with my vids but decided to archive some time frames also.
If someone goes through and remembers a few things then cool. They're by far not the best vids out there and I wasn't the best pvper that's for sure. Just wanted to archive some stuff.

I started in 2010 during release with a group of guys that were pumped about this game just coming out of beta testing. The game was still active. I got killed lots and was trying to learn the game.

WSX (2010-2012)
-A little while later after realizing playing solo in MK wasn't very viable against groups or pkers like Myrm and others who who occupied MK - i decided to join a group from Moh ki named Wessex. The RP wasn't as hc as i thought and eventually i got more and more absorbed into the game. I was really new back then and never recorded which I regret cause I'm curious what things would be like from our Pov at that time.

SOV (2012)
-Moved on to SOV(Sovereignty) , a group that broke away from Wsx (stole one of wsx's keep).... for me, I just wanted to pvp and get some activity. In SOV 2012 ish I played with guys like Terroh, met Executioner, Aku (killox was there) etc etc. Rpk branched out from Sov.

OMNI (original group) (molags Group) (Jan 2013 - March 2013)
-Eventually SOV went inactive and Molag formed a guild named Omni that I joined. (this was the original omni group that many don't remember or get confused over the new omni group) This gave me a chance to play with decent pvpers and learn few things. I started recording and trying to simply get better at pvp and figure out what i was doing wrong. A little depth and lore from the old guilds stuck with me and we kinda put some things together. Good times...

New OMNI (April 2013-October 2013)
-Molags group moved on and a different omni group chilled out.
vids like this were made from Retox's who made events like these - which were a blast. (this was just 2 of the 7 or 8 events he had at the time)

VIS (Visigoths) October2013 -Nov 2013)
-Retox formed this guild and there I got a chance to chill with a slightly better pvp group.

Fate/Doom Russians (Dec 2013)
-I joined the original Fate/Doom russian group and chilled out with them for a while. Always seemed to get a long with them and was looking for those pvpers again. Good times. Good guys.

Fate (Sept 2014 -Feb 2015)
-I went a bit inactive and came back into the game when the new building patch came back. There my characters were logged into the Fate group who were just starting to build there little empire my MK. Those were also good times chilling and getting to know guys like Rock, Bordelli and Ginja etc. Asset destruction and wars brought on pvp at that time.

-Chilled out solo in GK for a while when Killox occupied it. Had a nice little shack by the risar camp that stayed up longer then I expected, smacked rocks and farmed risars with a bud for a while.

Doom (April 2015 - July 2016)
The mining patch kicked in and players were making tonnes of metals. So did that for a while. Met a few guys there made a few vids etc..

Rpk (Sept 2016 - Dec 2018)
After Doom - the game started to continued to get stagnant - there was very few options for guilds. Years after playing with aku in Sov - I joined Rpk (most of doom didn't come)
Times here were awesome - Rpk were getting pvp constantly and there was plenty of activity. I knew I found a group that actually stayed in game and would persevere and play long term. Met a bunch of cool guys there and the game kept my attention. A few of the vids that I made with them are below.
Cheers,

Last edited:

Asian

nerd

I remember Mal from my relatively brief stint at Omni. I think this transition phase he referred to in his first post basically started with Azaraah recruiting me and a bunch of other guys (mostly complete newbs at the time - me (Kpyc), (In)SaneOne, Grimmblade / MageYaLook, Gallardian, just to name a few of my "classmates") in Tindrem GY one sunny afternoon in early 2013, teaching us all how to swing and parry with a worn shortsword around the slums, and then finally admitting us to join with the veterans on a couple of interesting mercenary jobs and even sieges. Of course, the IX / KOV war was raging, and at some point our side in it changed a bit from being purely mercs to basically partaking in the Guts / EC alliance, which was even more interesting for us noobs.

Anyway, I always thought Mal was really nice because when he heard I did not have premium (at that time I was basically a broke college student, no job, living in a fucked economy and playing this supposedly F2P game for my first time on a shitty laptop :p), he even offered to pay it for me. Of course, I could never accept that and eventually got a job, got a better PC and moved on from that era, but his kindness and readiness to help out a guildmate, even if he didn't know me that well, has always stuck with me. Thank you for that, Mal.

And here's a vid from that era where I spotted myself in my best form - dealing the killing blow to an enemy mount :)

Take care all, and may the best be yet to come.

Groenholdt

Ahhh good ol' WSX and SOV! :)
It's a shame how SOV was founded and split us in two but I still have good memories from SOV with Jayce and Layla? (can't remember their exact names now).

Thanks for bringing those old memories back

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Ahhh good ol' WSX and SOV! :)
It's a shame how SOV was founded and split us in two but I still have good memories from SOV with Jayce and Layla? (can't remember their exact names now).

Bite your tongue, sugar. Jacen and IT were in Sovereignty; Laylah (which was me) was in Wessex with you. (Not to mention, weren't you also in Daneslaw in DF just before DF:UW started?)

Groenholdt

Bite your tongue, sugar. Jacen and IT were in Sovereignty; Laylah (which was me) was in Wessex with you. (Not to mention, weren't you also in Daneslaw in DF just before DF:UW started?)
I wasn't referring to you, no no... It was Jacens wife I was referring to. Somehow I mixed your name and hers together - my apologies.
However, I was briefly in SOV when they broke off but rejoined WSX a short while after. Why and when I can't exactly remember but I think a couple of old faces showed up in WSX again (Bastor?) and got me back.

Regarding Daneslaw, yes I was there. What about it? Was it around the same time?

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
I wasn't referring to you, no no... It was Jacens wife I was referring to. Somehow I mixed your name and hers together - my apologies.
No worries; it's just that she liked to impersonate people, so-- it wouldn't be the first time I had to de-confuse her with me.
However, I was briefly in SOV when they broke off but rejoined WSX a short while after. Why and when I can't exactly remember but I think a couple of old faces showed up in WSX again (Bastor?) and got me back.

Regarding Daneslaw, yes I was there. What about it? Was it around the same time?
Nah, but I was in Daneslaw with you then as Wulfrun Alrikdottir-- which is OT.

Thread starter #16

Malathion

Oghmium Supporter
These were just guilds i was in. ;)
:cool:
I remember Mal from my relatively brief stint at Omni. I think this transition phase he referred to in his first post basically started with Azaraah recruiting me and a bunch of other guys (mostly complete newbs at the time - me (Kpyc), (In)SaneOne, Grimmblade / MageYaLook, Gallardian, just to name a few of my "classmates") in Tindrem GY one sunny afternoon in early 2013, teaching us all how to swing and parry with a worn shortsword around the slums, and then finally admitting us to join with the veterans on a couple of interesting mercenary jobs and even sieges. Of course, the IX / KOV war was raging, and at some point our side in it changed a bit from being purely mercs to basically partaking in the Guts / EC alliance, which was even more interesting for us noobs.

Anyway, I always thought Mal was really nice because when he heard I did not have premium (at that time I was basically a broke college student, no job, living in a fucked economy and playing this supposedly F2P game for my first time on a shitty laptop :p), he even offered to pay it for me. Of course, I could never accept that and eventually got a job, got a better PC and moved on from that era, but his kindness and readiness to help out a guildmate, even if he didn't know me that well, has always stuck with me. Thank you for that, Mal.

Take care all, and may the best be yet to come.
Cheer bud, forgot about a few of those guys
Fact - good to see ya still around bud.