map from before the conflux

Thread starter #1

madsholme

I was just thinking, why isent there a map of the world, before the greath conflux? wouldent it make sence that the thrindem empire had maps then?

Denaton

You can go and look for them in the sea

Shinzon

Honored Member
That would be something interesting; however Denaton is right; their Great Library sank into the Ocean, and Tindrem is behind a lock and key right now.

Rathius

Although, due to that being the commonly accepted idea between lack of information, maps, and whatever... people tend to forget that Morin Khur's library was (is supposed to be) vast as well. It didn't sink, it didn't get destroyed, or burned, doesn't even say anything about looting and pillaging, but it contains nothing, and -is- accessible.

Kuroi

I would love such a map. :)

Thread starter #7

madsholme

I just dosent make much sence, there are no ingame records of the old world, other than status and symbols. In our world, cultures loved to pain their land, the world and so on, into buildings and so on. I would love to see how the old world was.

Freakling

I just dosent make much sence, there are no ingame records of the old world, other than status and symbols. In our world, cultures loved to pain their land, the world and so on, into buildings and so on. I would love to see how the old world was.
Welcome, you must be new.

Mortal doesnt make any sense :)

This game is odd. We've got the biggest need for Metagaming because SV is so unwilling to have ingame communication and information yet claim to be immersive.

Thread starter #9

madsholme

Welcome, you must be new.

Mortal doesnt make any sense :)

This game is odd. We've got the biggest need for Metagaming because SV is so unwilling to have ingame communication and information yet claim to be immersive.
sadley im a block a ;)

Slize

Shinzon

Honored Member
We have quite a bit of lore out there; except that few are willing to do the work; or the research required in order to confirm things :p

Now mind you; speculation and research are two different things; research involves checking things in-game.

Rankor

Rathius

We have quite a bit of lore out there; except that few are willing to do the work; or the research required in order to confirm things :p

Now mind you; speculation and research are two different things; research involves checking things in-game.
To add, people aren't even reporting what they find.

People claim to have seen the Syenah on multiple occasions, but there have been no screenshots or descriptions about it since the initial sighting. You'd figure people would be all over trying to figure out how to get the 'phat loots' from an Epic Creature, but no, they simply don't care. They don't care enough that they don't even tell the people that do care enough to actually go out and work on figuring the stuff out.

To put this in reference to the topic and maps... there hasn't been any updates to the map for a very long time. The jungle is nowhere close to accurate, other places are still horribly skewed, but people accept it and use it as is. Any place other than the upper left quarter of the map of Myrland is skewed and not very accurate. It can be used for general referencing and how to get from point A to point B, but you couldn't really ever plan a battle on it, it's just not accurate enough for it.