MO 2 Alpha Feedback(April 28)

Thread starter #1

Aesorn

Been playing MO1 for 5+ years and enjoyed the alpha so far quite a bit but this is my feedback after hours of playing.

1. Unlike in MO1 as im swinging it slows down my mouse movement extremely so cannot precisely aim my swing during the animation (Others have mentioned this too)

2. When you are attacking with mouse directions seems you need to drag quite a bit in the direction you want first before swinging to get the correct type of swing you want..... In MO1 it's not like this and just moving my mouse a pixel in the direction I need before swinging will pull the correct swing. Henrick the other day mentioned this was to prevent spinning or something but it just makes swinging with mouse feel imprecise, clunky, and slow. .(while chasing and trying to be fast this makes it even worse obviously)

3. Still has player sync issues sometimes like in MO1 for example sometimes people are backpedaling facing away from you on your screen but on their screen you are still in front of them and creates the awkward situation where someone is backpedaling not even looking at you and you are behind them attacking them but they are still hitting you because on their screen you are in front of them(I only have 90 ping to London, sync shouldn't be this bad and MO 1 and 2 is only games ive seen sync like this)

The sync is part of the game because it's global, im from Australia with very high ping, the sync is as good as can be for a global server imo, but yes the slowed combat is a huge issue and is removing alot from the pvp

The sync is part of the game because it's global, im from Australia with very high ping, the sync is as good as can be for a global server imo, but yes the slowed combat is a huge issue and is removing alot from the pvp
How fast should combat be? Too fast and it's going to turn into guys in full plate running around at break neck speed doing 180 degree turns effortlessly whipping their swords around.

I like 180s at break neck speeds, it's what makes the game unique, I don't want another medieval combat sim, there is plenty of those, mortal shouldn't forget what it is, those things are what I love about the game, the way players like elperro fought
I love this shit, it's why I played mortal 1

I guess they're trying something different. It's a "sequel" so maybe they don't want to necessary want to do the same thing twice. I'm sure some will not enjoy it (maybe eventually they'll come around to it). MO definitely had it's issues with melee combat that they're trying to iron out.

I guess they're trying something different. It's a "sequel" so maybe they don't want to necessary want to do the same thing twice. I'm sure some will not enjoy it (maybe eventually they'll come around to it). MO definitely had it's issues with melee combat that they're trying to iron out.
Yeah I just hope they don't iron it into every generic medieval combat game, I don't need more of that

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
Been playing MO1 for 5+ years and enjoyed the alpha so far quite a bit but this is my feedback after hours of playing.

1. Unlike in MO1 as im swinging it slows down my mouse movement extremely so cannot precisely aim my swing during the animation (Others have mentioned this too)
This is a thing we wanted to try out, so feedback is very welcomed.

2. When you are attacking with mouse directions seems you need to drag quite a bit in the direction you want first before swinging to get the correct type of swing you want..... In MO1 it's not like this and just moving my mouse a pixel in the direction I need before swinging will pull the correct swing. Henrick the other day mentioned this was to prevent spinning or something but it just makes swinging with mouse feel imprecise, clunky, and slow. .(while chasing and trying to be fast this makes it even worse obviously)
There is a sensitivity option for this, where you can set it to your own liking, as this will differ depending on your screen resolution.

3. Still has player sync issues sometimes like in MO1 for example sometimes people are backpedaling facing away from you on your screen but on their screen you are still in front of them and creates the awkward situation where someone is backpedaling not even looking at you and you are behind them attacking them but they are still hitting you because on their screen you are in front of them(I only have 90 ping to London, sync shouldn't be this bad and MO 1 and 2 is only games ive seen sync like this)
Movement is completely re-coded, so now we just need to find the perfect balance between visual performance vs cost of the movement packages.

Thanks for the feedback <3

I like 180s at break neck speeds, it's what makes the game unique, I don't want another medieval combat sim, there is plenty of those, mortal shouldn't forget what it is, those things are what I love about the game, the way players like elperro fought
I love this shit, it's why I played mortal 1
I agree with the idea behind this change, lets give it a deeper try first. Maybe the solution is wrong or it need to be fixed a bit but don't panic just because it's different from mo1. Who ever said mo1 was brilliant and with no space for improvements when it comes to combat mechanics. I was decently good at that shit you guys seem to miss (moving all around players ec). but i always had the feeling of having/seeing a childish style lame fight, when you had to use those tricks to confuse your enemy. I would love to see MO2 moving A LITTLE BIT toward a more serious combat style like Mordhau or chivalry.

Im not speaking about a whole "copy and past" thing, just few implementations.

Last edited:
Thread starter #9

Aesorn

This is a thing we wanted to try out, so feedback is very welcomed.

There is a sensitivity option for this, where you can set it to your own liking, as this will differ depending on your screen resolution.

Movement is completely re-coded, so now we just need to find the perfect balance between visual performance vs cost of the movement packages.

Thanks for the feedback <3
Thanks for the fast response, yeah the sync is still better then MO1 and its a global server so I understand the finding balance must be a challenge, but as far as sensitivity for attacking with mouse.... my feedback was using 100% sensitivity and still feels like lots of drag is needed compared to MO1 which changes direction using only a pixel of mouse input where in MO2 it requires more drag even at 100% sensitivity. Good job so far on the game im liking it. These are all minor complains anyways besides the extreme slowdown of mouse during swing animations which I and others don't seem to like as it slows combat down a lot and in my opinion ruins the "FPS" skill-based aim that MO1 has during combat.

Teknique

You think you can still spin like this ?

HAHAHA they already went through several instances of slowing movement and combat down in MO one, (release of awakening, Stout change) and it turned the game dogshit compared to what it was, slower combat = zerg friendly = nonskill trash, i hope SV doesnt get it twisted and realises that the little semblance of what was left from the old combat back in dawn and before was the ONLY thing the game had going for it. Im happy they chose not to go with an NDA for this lol so you can see early the direction they are going in and so far its looking mainstream dogshit is the destination.

After playing a few hours the new swing release slow mouse movement thing is okay. You just need to get used to it.
But I can clearly see its advantage.
When you thurst you need to aim first and then release your swing. Unlike MO1 where you can basically move your screen while thursting to get a higher chance of a hit.
I actually even like it.

After playing a few hours the new swing release slow mouse movement thing is okay. You just need to get used to it.
But I can clearly see its advantage.
When you thurst you need to aim first and then release your swing. Unlike MO1 where you can basically move your screen while thursting to get a higher chance of a hit.
I actually even like it.
I don't get everyone's attitude of you get used to it. I don't want to get used to generic medieval combat sim, it's boring, feels shallower and reduces the skill of a player, the way people r fighting the looked like they r using 3-4 weight items, have never played before and aren't even bothering to parry most of the time, nobody will ever win a 2v1 in this state

I don't get everyone's attitude of you get used to it. I don't want to get used to generic medieval combat sim, it's boring, feels shallower and reduces the skill of a player, the way people r fighting the looked like they r using 3-4 weight items, have never played before and aren't even bothering to parry most of the time, nobody will ever win a 2v1 in this state
Yeah but who has more players mo or mordal or w/e. They have to cater to a bigger player base then what they have now. I havent tried it yet from what ive seen maybe it could be a little faster but it cant be how it was where eu owned everyone else. That kind of combat is what everyone seems to like. M&b is pretty fucking slow and how big is that shit?

Roranicus

Yeah but who has more players mo or mordal or w/e. They have to cater to a bigger player base then what they have now. I havent tried it yet from what ive seen maybe it could be a little faster but it cant be how it was where eu owned everyone else. That kind of combat is what everyone seems to like. M&b is pretty fucking slow and how big is that shit?
As he said above, we don't need another M&B, or life is fuedal, or Mordhau, or Chivalry, etc. The combat system of MO1 is it's most unique feature and without it it won't really be like playing MO.
The desync is much less than in MO1 so speed and smooth movement will be fine.

Roranicus

Did they patch or change the speed today? I played a little at lunch break and it seemed a lot faster and smoother and better. I notice I had to make a new char as well.

As he said above, we don't need another M&B, or life is fuedal, or Mordhau, or Chivalry, etc. The combat system of MO1 is it's most unique feature and without it it won't really be like playing MO.
The desync is much less than in MO1 so speed and smooth movement will be fine.
Whos we though? The 30 people who still follow the forums?

would you rather have the old combat style or a new version you dont like as much but its still decent and attracts more players..

Last edited:
would you rather have the old combat style or a new version you dont like as much but its still decent and attracts more players..
but its still decent, why go with decent? Every player defending these changes are like, oh yeah its deeceent, why are you all pushovers. I don't see why they should go for what every other generic medieval combat sim does, its not very fun, its not what made mortal good, and these other combat sims are very different, they are serverside, not clientside, they also dont have magic like mortal. Mortal combat should stay fast paced, they shouldn't be nerfing things like flicks to make it more realistic, and unless they do a shit ton of testing its going to be unbalanced due to these changes.

Did they patch or change the speed today? I played a little at lunch break and it seemed a lot faster and smoother and better. I notice I had to make a new char as well.
yeah they gave the characters maxed movement stats and some maxed combat stats