MO Counter - Research and Findings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw the image in the MO Lore section and thought automatically it had been an MO artist that had drawn that.
Of course it was drawn by an MO artist.
Now I see the name of the file and reading your comment and looking it up I'm disappointed the pic was not based on MO Lore.
It is.
If you haven't already noticed, the MO lore is in part made up from scratch, in part very inspired by a large number of different real-world events, religions and myths - all altered and/or twisted to fit the MO world.

If the lore, languages, gods etc had been totally made up from scratch, threads like this one (or riddles) would look very different.

So with 24 hours till "enlightenment" is it safe to say that the guys and gals who figured out the majority of this riddle did indeed figure it out 100%.......or is there still something that nobody has noticed yet, Mats?

VinnieSP

24 hours! I remember when I first saw it... something about 45~35 days! I'll be here when it reachs 0 for sure!

i really enjoyed reading this thread AI and i wish you good luck

i can't believe we are almost there it is like yesterday when it all started :).

Frames 191 and 192 are up as well now, suspense is killing!
There's BLOOD EVERYWHERE!

It's the Spanish Inquisition.. I'm convinced.

THANK YOU! Now I can go to sleep happy.

-Yoghurt

Almost there guys!!!

Of course it was drawn by an MO artist.
It is.
If you haven't already noticed, the MO lore is in part made up from scratch, in part very inspired by a large number of different real-world events, religions and myths - all altered and/or twisted to fit the MO world.

If the lore, languages, gods etc had been totally made up from scratch, threads like this one (or riddles) would look very different.
I meant I was disappointed with the fact the image/monument wasn't based on the events of say The users of the Armillogion being arrested and persecuted.(as a thought I had discribed in a previous post)

I thought it had been a clue that we had missed that might explain the blood splatters.

So in regards to the artists it was more that I was disappointed in finding out it was The threads of Destiny statues and not the Cleansing of the Thurgy monument.

Edit: Actually after looking at many representations of Moirae, indeed the Monument in Mo may still be showing the Cleansing and that it was Destiny for that event to happen.

Khaiyne

Am I oversimplifying it to say that some event must also occur to represent the time when we, the players, enter the world? In other MMOs, a war breaks out, a scheme is set afoot etc.

Something needs to happen which shows us the past leading up to the point where we enter and build the future.

Some information regarding the peculiarities of Old Latin can be found over here. And if you follow the link to Ancient Greek Omicron Declension from the Latin declension page, it turns out Armillogia could well be plural (!) nomative, accusative or vocative (there's no ablative in Ancient Greek, but in Old Latin Omicron declension the ablative is a copy of the dative so that doesn't apply). If we go with that interpretation, then for starters what does that plural signify?
Yep I had had the same impression, see below for a quote of the relevant part in my first post. That's how the "Gods" argument came up. Basically because I couldn't think of any other explanation of "armillogia" possibly being a plural.

4) Armillogia looks like a single word, and more precisely like the plural of armillogion. Since the armillogion is a unique artefact, could it also by extention mean something supernatural, connected with the pourpose of the Armillogion? An orrery technically is a future predicting machine, since it allows to predict the position of astral bodies beforehand. If the planets were associated with different Gods, could Armillogia mean Gods by extension? It's a bit of a stretch, but if it is indeed a plural it can't be the plural of the word meaning orrery, since as far as we know there was just one.

guys whats the countdown about? Does it counts when beta starts or what?

Khaiyne

guys whats the countdown about? Does it counts when beta starts or what?
I think you might like to read the whole thread my friend, that's what they're talking about :)

StJudas

No one knows whats behind the counter , Stewie , 1 more day of trying to solve it. So read the 17 pages of research.

-StJudas

Hello folks,

i found this thread and the puzzle yesterday, and im very sad, that i couldnt get into it earlier. I read the whole thread, and im very impressed about the work done. I think Unomat is on the best way, but i don't think he already got the solution.

my thoughts:

1) the missing hyphen confuses me, i think it has to be missing ^^^
2) the frame differences go from 3->6 whats with the names 1,2,7,8? it looks strange to me
3) if i'm right with 1), why only numbers from 1-3?

4) an anagram using different languages and sligthly different spellings should be nearly impossible to solve, i personally think if we put numbers together corrctly, the solution will be directly build up.

5) where did you take the order for the planets/gots? ^^ maybe they have to be ordered in another way ^^

one idea i have:

if 1) is right, we have 15 sublimenals and 15 numbers from 1->3. I dont have the opportunity to download the frame assembly from work, but when i saw this html version running, weren't the sublimenals 1->3 "lines" each?

maybe this could be the solution? but this would ignore the "frame difference"

Status
Not open for further replies.